When Barbara passes, can we expect

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: When Barbara passes, can we expect

Post by HokieFanDC »

If I were in charge of Fresno, State, she would never step into a classroom there again.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Typical yankee
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
Typical yankee
Atta boy.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

do you think there is any difference between two people that have a long running and well known feud and some random professor somewhere that never met any of the Bush's? I do, I also agree Stone was out of line for putting that out there.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
do you think there is any difference between two people that have a long running and well known feud and some random professor somewhere that never met any of the Bush's? I do, I also agree Stone was out of line for putting that out there.
I do - it makes it worse for Stone. But that wasn't my point.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Let's not play the same games losers like IP do. Wrong is wrong and Stone is wrong. Let IP and the Unusuals play gotcha and divert away from issues. They're pussies, let's not be one either.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
You're a joke.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
worse? huh? he wrote a book bashing them all to heck years ago, had the professor ever even met a Bush family member?
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

I’m glad you found this. Surely a second rate professor at a second rate school in the middle of no where making a comment amid the large numbers of respectful comments proves your point.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
worse? huh? he wrote a book bashing them all to heck years ago, had the professor ever even met a Bush family member?
Sure. It's worse to be low-class to someone you've actually met. Blind spot.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Typical liberals

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rog ... 28624.html
Sure. It's worse to be low-class to someone you've actually met. Blind spot.
Imagine how much more likable you could be if you chose to not be a petty partisan troll. Why is that not a goal?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

AG:

USN Hokie and I have a running agreement where we cleared the slate and treat each other with respect, disagreeing without personal insults. I'm happy to do the same with you.

I can do it. I have to do it as part of my job. Can you do it?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:AG:

USN Hokie and I have a running agreement where we cleared the slate and treat each other with respect, disagreeing without personal insults. I'm happy to do the same with you.

Sure, I'm all for a better IP
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:

Outstanding.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Outstanding.

Do it in honor of that racist drunk. :mrgreen:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Daggum! That's just plain ugly!!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote:

I’m glad you found this. Surely a second rate professor at a second rate school in the middle of no where making a comment amid the large numbers of respectful comments proves your point.
Fresno? Middle of nowhere?
Who knew!?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Who knew!?
Fresno is kind of in the middle of nowhere.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Who knew!?
San Francisco south
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Who knew!?
San Francisco south
I’ve been SE of Salinas to Greenfield. It seemed a long way from SF - culturally and geographically.

Fresno appears to be east of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once

Post by Once »

This is an odd thread.

One (some/many?) anticipated that responses from liberals would be mean, insulting, etc. For the most part, liberal politicians/public figures have been gracious and respectful. Some of you almost seem disappointed.

A few private citizens (liberals) have been absolute dirtbags (I'm not surprised, but I'm certainly nonplussed about what makes people that shirty - seriously, as I get older I come to believe there is a psycho-pathology associated with the need to be that crappy for what looks like no reason). I've seen more crap slung though by disgruntled conservatives who hold something against her because she expressed her disapproval of the guy who is currently occupying the Oval or because she once told them they were wrong about something or because she ??? Who knows.

What response from liberals would have been okay with some of you?

Silence (no acknowledgement of her passing seems disrespectful)?
Graciousness (seems that has left some of you unsatisfied)?
Outright hostility and mockery of her and her family (that would have at least provided an excuse for some of the responses to many of the well wishes Mrs. Bush and her family have received)?

She was a mother, wife, daughter, etc. She had a strong voice. I for one have found nothing for which to fault her. For those liberals out there who blame her for whom she raised or married, etc., that's just crazy. Incidentally, my favorite estimation of her character was something like "She was a good person, not necessarily always a nice person." I like that. When you've tried everything else, sometimes it is okay to abandon nice for what's right. I get the sense she was the mistress of that.
Once

Post by Once »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Who knew!?
It's 185 miles southeast of San Francisco
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Once wrote:This is an odd thread.

One (some/many?) anticipated that responses from liberals would be mean, insulting, etc. For the most part, liberal politicians/public figures have been gracious and respectful. Some of you almost seem disappointed.

A few private citizens (liberals) have been absolute dirtbags (I'm not surprised, but I'm certainly nonplussed about what makes people that shirty - seriously, as I get older I come to believe there is a psycho-pathology associated with the need to be that crappy for what looks like no reason). I've seen more crap slung though by disgruntled conservatives who hold something against her because she expressed her disapproval of the guy who is currently occupying the Oval or because she once told them they were wrong about something or because she ??? Who knows.

Outright hostility and mockery of her and her family (that would have at least provided an excuse for some of the responses to many of the well wishes Mrs. Bush and her family have received)?

She was a mother, wife, daughter, etc. She had a strong voice. I for one have found nothing for which to fault her. For those liberals out there who blame her for whom she raised or married, etc., that's just crazy. Incidentally, my favorite estimation of her character was something like "She was a good person, not necessarily always a nice person." I like that. When you've tried everything else, sometimes it is okay to abandon nice for what's right. I get the sense she was the mistress of that.
You and your husband were absolutely hateful turds towards her son and now don't understand why we'd expect the same sort of thing towards her from you two? Your hands are dirty too.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Who knew!?
San Francisco south
I’ve been SE of Salinas to Greenfield. It seemed a long way from SF - culturally and geographically.

Fresno appears to be east of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never been
Once

Post by Once »

awesome guy wrote:
Once wrote:This is an odd thread.

You and your husband were absolutely hateful turds towards her son and now don't understand why we'd expect the same sort of thing towards her from you two? Your hands are dirty too.
Leaving your childishness insults to the side, I get that you and I are politically/ethically/morally opposed. My "hands are not dirty" for disliking President George W. Bush's politics and decisions because they don't align with my values. I found him frustrating and stupid. Mrs. Bush passing away doesn't change that. I don't for one second believe Mrs. Bush was in any way responsible for her son's administration. That's nuts. You're taking issue with me for simply not agreeing with you about his presidency. Nothing I can say about that except, "Get over it. I don't care if my politics bother you."

That said, you likely should be able to make the distinction with respect to how absolutely wrong (not to mention illogical) it would be for me to in any way blame Mrs. Bush for the actions/beliefs/politics of her adult children. That's crazy.