And Michael Cohen's mystery client that he wanted to keep

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: And Michael Cohen's mystery client that he wanted to kee

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:So now we know that its was a CNN lawyer that wanted Hannity's name revealed. Have they disclosed their connection to this yet?

This would also seem to put DC's argument to rest that it was Cohen's lawyer that made the decision to make Hannity's name public.

========================================
hokiedc, I will accept your apologies whenever you want to give them

keep in mind that EVERYONE on CNN have been going ape crap over Hannity not disclosing that he talked to Cohen at some point in his life, and yet in those two days not one peep from the vaunted CNN that it was them that forced the name to be announced in open court......
Why am I apologizing to you?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:So now we know that its was a CNN lawyer that wanted Hannity's name revealed. Have they disclosed their connection to this yet?

This would also seem to put DC's argument to rest that it was Cohen's lawyer that made the decision to make Hannity's name public.

keep in mind that EVERYONE on CNN have been going ape crap over Hannity not disclosing that he talked to Cohen at some point in his life, and yet in those two days not one peep from the vaunted CNN that it was them that forced the name to be announced in open court......
the only reason Hannity's name came out in open court was due to the CNN lawyer demanding it and the moron judge wrongly agreeing. IT was not because Cohen's attorney was a dope. And CNN had noted their involvement in this on their network..right?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

the only reason Hannity's name came out in open court was due to the CNN lawyer demanding it and the moron judge wrongly agreeing. IT was not because Cohen's attorney was a dope. And CNN had noted their involvement in this on their network..right?
The first step was including Hannity on a client list, when he wasn’t actually a client.
Second was that when the lawyer (who represented multiple media outlets) made his case for the release, Cohen’s lawyers didn’t have an argument against the case law that the CNN attorney cited.
You may think the judge is a moron (not likely) or that her decision was wrong (I tend to agree but have no knowledge around that part of that law), but that’s merely your opinion.

And of course, there was no leak as you first stated.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The first step was including Hannity on a client list, when he wasn’t actually a client.
Second was that when the lawyer (who represented multiple media outlets) made his case for the release, Cohen’s lawyers didn’t have an argument against the case law that the CNN attorney cited.
You may think the judge is a moron (not likely) or that her decision was wrong (I tend to agree but have no knowledge around that part of that law), but that’s merely your opinion.

And of course, there was no leak as you first stated.
He had to list Hannity, even if he never paid, as they have correspondence that needs to be explained.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I am no fan of Sean.....but this is another example of the left letting standards and rule fly out the window when politics are involved.

His first part was good, but this is better.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/ ... lates-law/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote:I am no fan of Sean.....but this is another example of the left letting standards and rule fly out the window when politics are involved.

This whole thing is a travesty of justice. The whole thing. Leftists don’t care, because “yay, team!”
Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:I am no fan of Sean.....but this is another example of the left letting standards and rule fly out the window when politics are involved.

and the hokiedc comment is?????

My issue with this whole fiasco is the absolute ignorance of our own laws and standards in the whole raid fiasco........it should be your issue also. This is not political this about your and my rights as US citizens...it should worry you
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

The left really sucks as human beings and Americans. They're vile and repulsive children, they need to go.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

My issue with this whole fiasco is the absolute ignorance of our own laws and standards in the whole raid fiasco........it should be your issue also. This is not political this about your and my rights as US citizens...it should worry you
Our side admonishes such abuses when we do it. The left cheers it. We have to be like them and start uses these tactics against them or we'll be extinct. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We should embrace our new weapons like the courts, IRS, OSHA, FBI,etc. Abuse the F out of the left and see what they say then.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

This whole thing is a travesty of justice. The whole thing. Leftists don’t care, because “yay, team!”
Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.
The publicly available information, more particularly the lack thereof, renders conclusions either way impossible. If you’ve formed a strong opinion either way, it’s due solely to a blind spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.
The publicly available information, more particularly the lack thereof, renders conclusions either way impossible. If you’ve formed a strong opinion either way, it’s due solely to a blind spot.

Huh? Can you not agree that there was 0 reason to disclose Hannity in this? As the article states, his anonymity is the law and standard.

And what will you say when my side starts abusing political foes with the FBI and courts? I'm going to follow the example of you and hoof to cheer it on and mock those ensnared. I'll enjoy using the same weaponry y'all have created and use against us. No problem as long as we retain control of the banana republic, right?
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.

Part of the publicly available information......should not be public. Blind Spot.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.

Huh? Can you not agree that there was 0 reason to disclose Hannity in this? As the article states, his anonymity is the law and standard.

And what will you say when my side starts abusing political foes with the FBI and courts? I'm going to follow the example of you and hoof to cheer it on and mock those ensnared. I'll enjoy using the same weaponry y'all have created and use against us. No problem as long as we retain control of the banana republic, right?
I admittedly have not been following this very closely, but can you explain to me how the public release of Hannity as a purported client is not ultimately tied to Cohen, and not some vast, left-wing conspiracy?

and it sounds like it's BS. I actually believe Hannity here. I would guess that Cohen is grasping at straws to try to maneuver out of some shady situation he has allowed himself to be put in.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.

I admittedly have not been following this very closely, but can you explain to me how the public release of Hannity as a purported client is not ultimately tied to Cohen, and not some vast, left-wing conspiracy?

and it sounds like it's BS. I actually believe Hannity here. I would guess that Cohen is grasping at straws to try to maneuver out of some shady situation he has allowed himself to be put in.
Read the article. The norm is to not release the names of people being investigated in a grand jury or people like Hannity caught by cimmon association.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.

Nah. Disagry.
No blind spot.

This thing is Watergate upside-down. Imagine if, rather than being unpopular with his peers and the public, Richard Nixon had had a deep state apparatchik and media support to ruthlessly pillory McGovern and Hubert Humphrey? If His breaking into Watergate was somehow deemed virtue... This is J Edgar Hoover on acid.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.

Read the article. The norm is to not release the names of people being investigated in a grand jury or people like Hannity caught by cimmon association.
I read it. Arm-chair Quarterbacking IMO.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote: This whole thing is a travesty of justice. The whole thing. Leftists don’t care, because “yay, team!”
Team deep state.

2 sets of laws.

I read it. Arm-chair Quarterbacking IMO.

Is outing in public all clients normal in a grand jury investigation?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

My comment is the same as it was before, "her decision was wrong (I tend to agree but have no knowledge around that part of that law)".

We'd be a lot better off if you could get your facts straight about people's positions on things. When I say I agree with you, it means I agree with you.