New from the hippies: forest bathing

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

New from the hippies: forest bathing

Post by awesome guy »

Add a gun and they're hunting. They're so close to being rednecks without realizing it. Even the neckbeards try and be like us by raising chickens and "organic farming". We call it having a garden. I'm glad the hippies, metrosexuals, neckbeards, and other wusses are looking to evolve and catch up with their superiors. Grow a pair and enjoy the better life, the redneck life. Especially when they figure out water is best for fishing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/arti ... o-15369730
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: New from the hippies: forest bathing

Post by ip_law-hokie »

People love it, but I’ve always found camping to be a silly idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

That's pretty hilarious. It is hunting without a gun.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:People love it, but I’ve always found camping to be a silly idea.

Some people would say $250 for juice to give you diarrhea is a silly idea.

Camping (or, my favorite, backpacking) is awesome. It's very meditative to walk into the woods with only what you can carry, and only worry about food, water, and shelter. It's what we're made to do. We're all still essentially hunter-gatherers.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:People love it, but I’ve always found camping to be a silly idea.

I like real camping, going out in the middle of nowhere, making your own site, etc. You have to focus on the task at hand and so don't think about work or problems and then are relaxed. Glamping at the KOA though is just a path to back pain. I still go a couple times a year with the kids, but the older I get, they more I'm opting for the air conditioned cabin and bed. That way I can be active on the giant bouncy with the kids. I'm dead to the world sleeping on the ground and in pain all weekend.
Last edited by awesome guy on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:That's pretty hilarious. It is hunting without a gun.
They're not ready to embrace their redneck longings, they should go all in and get a double wide. They're 1/8th the way there with a tiny house anyway.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:

I like real camping, going out in the middle of nowhere, making your own site, etc. You have to focus on the task at hand and so don't think about work or problems and then are relaxed. Glamping at the KOA though is just a path to back pain. I still go a couple times a year with the kids, but the older I get, they more I'm opting for the air conditioned cabin and bed. That way I can be active on the giant bouncy with the kids. I'm dead to the world sleeping on the ground and in pain all weekend.
You should try hammocking.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
They're not ready to embrace their redneck longings, they should go all in and get a double wide. They're 1/8th the way there with a tiny house anyway.
They're like forest edible hunters, only less useful.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You should try hammocking.
Nah, I'm close to back surgery. A hammock can't help me. Even not being in my special air mattress is risky. I'm kinda like Darth Vader and need a bacta tank periodically to properly heal from my various pains and injuries.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
They're like forest edible hunters, only less useful.
Also called the prey. Would love to see a hippy after they've forest bathed in one spot for 30 minutes only to finally see the mountain lion or bear that's been staring at them the whole time. Not sure if they'd shart or try a Vulcan mindmeld with it. They'll realize there are things watching them too.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Camping (or, my favorite, backpacking) is awesome. It's very meditative to walk into the woods with only what you can carry, and only worry about food, water, and shelter. It's what we're made to do. We're all still essentially hunter-gatherers.
I’ll walk through the woods worrying about breaking 85.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You should probably spend more time working on your swing, then you wont be wandering the woods looking for lost balls. :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You should probably spend more time working on your swing, then you wont be wandering the woods looking for lost balls. :mrgreen:
He may be looking for the Witch of Chappaqua? Talk about scary things in the woods, that thing has killed more people than Bigfoot.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

here's another redneck copy. We call this working out in the yard.

Goat yoga.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/health/g ... index.html
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Merry Men :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Add a gun and they're hunting. They're so close to being rednecks without realizing it. Even the neckbeards try and be like us by raising chickens and "organic farming". We call it having a garden. I'm glad the hippies, metrosexuals, neckbeards, and other wusses are looking to evolve and catch up with their superiors. Grow a pair and enjoy the better life, the redneck life. Especially when they figure out water is best for fishing.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/arti ... o-15369730
OMFG, that is hilarious, I wonder if they love the ticks that love that they sit down and let them get on them. what freaking snowflakes!!
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I love camping.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.