Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Jordan Peterson on Bill Maher

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I used to like BM, pre 2016 election, when he was making fun of SJWs before they had a name.

Seems he has a man crush on Jordan P.

https://youtu.be/8wLCmDtCDAM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Jordan Peterson on Bill Maher

Post by awesome guy »

Telling how Maher can't differentiate political correctness from just being vulgar like the Fresno State professor was.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Maher is a giant douche and normally what is wrong with America. But I agree with him that people are too fragile, especially college crowds- unless of course you are pro muslim, pro gang violence, pro drugs, and pro late term abortion...then they love you and let you say whatever you want.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Maher has always been a twit. Good with one liners, rapid fire, that, when considered, completely fall apart but which seem plausible for all of 2 seconds.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:Maher has always been a twit. Good with one liners, rapid fire, that, when considered, completely fall apart but which seem plausible for all of 2 seconds.
Aka, a douchebag.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Maher has always been a twit. Good with one liners, rapid fire, that, when considered, completely fall apart but which seem plausible for all of 2 seconds.
Aka, a douchebag.
Douchebag comedian. He's like Jon Stewart - argues for the left/gets nolan to link his "sick burn" clips, then puts on his clown nose when he gets called on it.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Aka, a douchebag.
Douchebag comedian. He's like Jon Stewart - argues for the left/gets nolan to link his "sick burn" clips, then puts on his clown nose when he gets called on it.
I don't think that is fair with respect to BM.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Aka, a douchebag.
I don't think that is fair with respect to BM.
True, he's always a clown.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I've never been a fan of Maher's other than his work in the movie Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. I've always considered him an overpaid script monkey.

When he goes off his "prepared" script and tries to be original he fails miserably.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:I've never been a fan of Maher's other than his work in the movie Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. I've always considered him an overpaid script monkey.

When he goes off his "prepared" script and tries to be original he fails miserably.
He has the correct amount of hubris to sucker the dimwits into thinking he's credible.
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

Peterson's question to the panel points out an ongoing concern of mine.

If those that want to take out Trump do so in a dubious way, ie not getting the smoking gun Russian puppet conspiracy that all of this has been built on, but maybe some relatively minor financial crime, a process crime etc what does this do the country? the people that support Trump aren't going quietly into the night. There will be huge division in these polarized times. They will fomenting the very chaos they claim Putin conspired to produce. Unfortunately the panel did the predictable by doubling down on the "trump is so bad we have get him out any way we can" mindset
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieDan95 wrote:Peterson's question to the panel points out an ongoing concern of mine.

If those that want to take out Trump do so in a dubious way, ie not getting the smoking gun Russian puppet conspiracy that all of this has been built on, but maybe some relatively minor financial crime, a process crime etc what does this do the country? the people that support Trump aren't going quietly into the night. There will be huge division in these polarized times. They will fomenting the very chaos they claim Putin conspired to produce. Unfortunately the panel did the predictable by doubling down on the "trump is so bad we have get him out any way we can" mindset
They're the colluders and election meddlers that they're looking for. It's always the case as stated in the Oakton doctrine. The left accuses what the left is doing. They'll be civil war if they impeach Trump in that context. The would disenfranchise half the nation.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Here is VDH's current take on this topic....

"When legal bloodhounds and baying critics fail to take out Trump, what’s next? The Resistance wants Trump’s head — on the chopping block."

"The danger to the country this time around is that the Left has so destroyed the old protocols of the opposition party that it will be hard to resurrect them when progressives return to power.
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/ ... ary-times/
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Telling how Maher can't differentiate political correctness from just being vulgar like the Fresno State professor was.
....aaaaand the Fresno State teacher gets no disciplinary action. The left officially holds rodeo clowns to a higher ethical standard than college professors:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29852/fr ... n-saavedra
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Telling how Maher can't differentiate political correctness from just being vulgar like the Fresno State professor was.
....aaaaand the Fresno State teacher gets no disciplinary action. The left officially holds rodeo clowns to a higher ethical standard than college professors:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29852/fr ... n-saavedra
Like following the law is just for whites, "business reasons" only apply to the right.