Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Why should that matter from a moral standpoint?

I only got 10 striper last night. Biggest was only 25 inches.
Because one persons actions affect others in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So? You're pointing out a good reason not to have socialized medicine.
I’m pointing out the reality that already exists under any system.

Not really. My healthcare doesn't affect you. Your way of thinking could be applied to any transaction, like if I buy flowers for my wife then you can't buy the same ones. It's too abstract and removed from reality.
Well, the reality is that the system the UK has in place provides more services to their citizens for a cheaper price that what we receive here.

Not really. Just look at the care they're giving this kid. Letting people die is obviously cheaper, but not better care.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Tangent: This popped up. Great way to get some skin in the game, phun intended!
https://www.theonion.com/millions-acros ... 1825566593[/quote]

Depends on the healthcare system.[/quote]Why should that matter from a moral standpoint?

I only got 10 striper last night. Biggest was only 25 inches.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]So? You're pointing out a good reason not to have socialized medicine.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Not really. My healthcare doesn't affect you. Your way of thinking could be applied to any transaction, like if I buy flowers for my wife then you can't buy the same ones. It's too abstract and removed from reality.[/quote]

Well, the reality is that the system the UK has in place provides more services to their citizens for a cheaper price that what we receive here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Not really. Just look at the care they're giving this kid. Letting people die is obviously cheaper, but not better care.[/quote]

I'm not going to draw negative inferences against the system over a brain dead kid.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: It always depends on the circumstances, but there are instances in which parents are incapable of accepting cold, hard reality, which in turn can negatively impact others who are capable of being helped.
Whose choice is it?

Tangent: This popped up. Great way to get some skin in the game, phun intended!
https://www.theonion.com/millions-acros ... 1825566593
Depends on the healthcare system.
Why should that matter from a moral standpoint?

In a socialized medical system, you are correct. Unless of course someone can fund care outside of the system. Money or charity is the gating mechanism. Nothing else.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Because one persons actions affect others in the system.

By that standard, the government can/should be able to regulate/control everything (speech, religion, freedom of association, speedy trials, bearing arms, intellectual property rights, due process, etc.). Completely absurd.

Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

By that standard, the government can/should be able to regulate/control everything (speech, religion, freedom of association, speedy trials, bearing arms, intellectual property rights, due process, etc.). Completely absurd.

Slippery slope.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

In a socialized medical system, you are correct.
Hence, why socialized medicine is immoral and anathema to our Constitution and the concept of negative rights.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope.

Not at all, your "argument" is just stupid.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope.

AG wanted me to explain the logic under their system. HokieJoe said it was correct.

Try either to control yourself or understand the context of my exchange with AG.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Why should that matter from a moral standpoint?

So? You're pointing out a good reason not to have socialized medicine.

Not really. My healthcare doesn't affect you. Your way of thinking could be applied to any transaction, like if I buy flowers for my wife then you can't buy the same ones. It's too abstract and removed from reality.

Not sure that it is cheaper given the taxes they pay. And certainly not more services than available in the US. Not even close.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope.

AG wanted me to explain the logic under their system. HokieJoe said it was correct.

Try either to control yourself or understand the context of my exchange with AG.
Taking the kid to Italy affects nobody in the UK system...or, not anymore than it does here. Your argument is consistently stupid.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope.

Taking the kid to Italy affects nobody in the UK system...or, not anymore than it does here. Your argument is consistently stupid.
It's not my argument, but OK.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope.

Yes, I think what's happening here is the logical result of socialized medicine. It's utterly immoral IMO.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

IP makes a great argument for exterminating invalids and pensioners, guys. I'll give him that.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:IP makes a great argument for exterminating invalids and pensioners, guys. I'll give him that.
You should apologize.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope.

Yes, I think what's happening here is the logical result of socialized medicine. It's utterly immoral IMO.
I think advocates for the system would characterize it as a necessary evil.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: By that standard, the government can/should be able to regulate/control everything (speech, religion, freedom of association, speedy trials, bearing arms, intellectual property rights, due process, etc.). Completely absurd.

Slippery slope.

I think advocates for the system would characterize it as a necessary evil.
If you consider killing people off as necessary then you need to adjust your moral compass.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:IP makes a great argument for exterminating invalids and pensioners, guys. I'll give him that.
You should apologize.
Why? It's your plan. They are all drains on society whose existence affects others. What are you thinking....load them into boxcars?

Note: this isn't a "slippery slope", it's direct application of your argument. If the government gets to kill your baby because he's cost the government $X without any opportunity for recoupment, the same should be true for your grandpa.

ETA: Psst...They're already doing this with the elderly across the pond.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Not at all, your "argument" is just stupid.[/quote]

Try either to control yourself or understand the context of my exchange with AG.[/quote]

Yes, I think what's happening here is the logical result of socialized medicine. It's utterly immoral IMO.[/quote]

I think advocates for the system would characterize it as a necessary evil.[/quote]If you consider killing people off as necessary then you need to adjust your moral compass.[/quote]

I haven't read the link, but I don't see how this situation amounts to "killing people off." A brain dead person is already dead.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:Not sure that it is cheaper given the taxes they pay. And certainly not more services than available in the US. Not even close.
ip Blind Spot
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I haven't read the link, but I don't see how this situation amounts to "killing people off." A brain dead person is already dead.
If you walked into a hospital room and stabbed a brain dead patient to death, would you be charged with murder? :idea:
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I haven't read the link, but I don't see how this situation amounts to "killing people off." A brain dead person is already dead.
:lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should apologize.
Why? It's your plan. They are all drains on society whose existence affects others. What are you thinking....load them into boxcars?

Note: this isn't a "slippery slope", it's direct application of your argument. If the government gets to kill your baby because he's cost the government $X without any opportunity for recoupment, the same should be true for your grandpa.
As I've stated before in this thread, which you've ignored then and will probably ignore now, I haven't formed an opinion about receiving outside care under a single payer system.

Your statements about recoupment costs being a factor in medical care are yours and yours alone.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should apologize.

As I've stated before in this thread, which you've ignored then and will probably ignore now, I haven't formed an opinion about receiving outside care under a single payer system.

Your statements about recoupment costs being a factor in medical care are yours and yours alone.
"One person's actions affect others in the system"

That was your argument for killing a baby.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should apologize.

"One person's actions affect others in the system"

That was your argument for killing a baby.
That's incorrect.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I haven't read the link, but I don't see how this situation amounts to "killing people off." A brain dead person is already dead.
If you walked into a hospital room and stabbed a brain dead patient to death, would you be charged with murder? :idea:
Irrelevant.