Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Your personal opinion, do you think it is right to keep someone alive that does not have brain function? It is possible for a long time, is it right?
Your personal opinion, do you think it is right to keep someone alive that does not have knee function? It is possible for a long time, is it right?

We do it with livestock, so it seems like a legitimate question since you want to treat people like livestock.
Slippery slope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no slipping required. They're already denying surgeries for people in the UK based on their BMI.
Good if true.

We already know you're a statist.
Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Your personal opinion, do you think it is right to keep someone alive that does not have brain function? It is possible for a long time, is it right?
Your personal opinion, do you think it is right to keep someone alive that does not have knee function? It is possible for a long time, is it right?

We do it with livestock, so it seems like a legitimate question since you want to treat people like livestock.
huh? what? I can have them cut off my leg at the knee and function just fine, if my brain is not functioning then I cannot do anything, the article says the kid is in a partial vegetative state and current medicine cannot cure his brain issue, so is it right to keep his body alive even tho there is zero shot at a cure? If there was a cure or they could erase the damage already done then this is a whole different conversation.. do you agree?
Both of our arguments are that a person's value reaches a point where we call it a loss and "total" the person. We just disagree on what that value is.

Point is... you, me, or some bureaucrat have no business deciding the value of another human's life.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The last appeal was denied today.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:The last appeal was denied today.
Sad
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Big Brother is watching...
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Big Brother is watching...
What’s he watching? Reality?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.
I regret that you feel the need to resort to personal insults.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You can take it as an insult or not, but as a parent, you have no **** idea what you're saying. That's straight up ignorance on your part, and it's rather unseemly to those that do have kids.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You can take it as an insult or not, but as a parent, you have no **** idea what you're saying. That's straight up ignorance on your part, and it's rather unseemly to those that do have kids.
Kids are going to have terminal illnesses regardless of your parental status.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's obviously not the issue, it's denying them care even when the parents will pay.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: What’s he watching? Reality?

That's obviously not the issue, it's denying them care even when the parents will pay.
I understand the thinking.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope!

There's no slipping required. They're already denying surgeries for people in the UK based on their BMI.
Good if true.

unless you are the one being denied
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Slippery slope!

Good if true.

I think USN was stating a proposal in the UK to be current fact, but we discriminate against patients all the time for good reason. For the same reason that an alcoholic shouldn’t be first on the list to get a liver transplant, a fat ass shouldn’t be first on the list to get a government subsidized hip replacement.

Life sucks sometimes.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]You can take it as an insult or not, but as a parent, you have no **** idea what you're saying. That's straight up ignorance on your part, and it's rather unseemly to those that do have kids.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]That's obviously not the issue, it's denying them care even when the parents will pay.[/quote]

but the problem IN THIS CASE is the kid already has brain damage and is in a partial veg state, there is no cure that current medicine knows about, so nobody is saving the body of the kid, there is no saving the kid. Prolonging his suffering yes as per the article the kid will not be playing in the playground next week if the parents take him to Italy. I differ with the UK folks in that if they want to prolong the time on this earth for the kid's body then I would not stop them. My question is how ethical is it to keep the body alive, the brain has already checked out and will continue to do that per the article. I am sure they could have kept Barbara Bush "alive" past the day she died also, thus why I have and recommend for everyone a living will and a do not resuscitate order. I don't want to be a veg, not sure why anybody would want to be.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Slippery slope!

Good if true.

I think USN was stating a proposal in the UK to be current fact, but we discriminate against patients all the time for good reason. For the same reason that an alcoholic shouldn’t be first on the list to get a liver transplant, a fat ass shouldn’t be first on the list to get a government subsidized hip replacement.

Life sucks sometimes.

Fact. Ironically, it includes knee surgery.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/health/s ... index.html
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Militant atheists always like to mock religion as an obsolete remnant of the past which is only needed by idiots, yet they always seem to be the first ones to jump on the train supporting euthanasia/eugenics, or other atrocities against human life.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.

Militant atheists always like to mock religion as an obsolete remnant of the past which is only needed by idiots, yet they always seem to be the first ones to jump on the train supporting euthanasia/eugenics, or other atrocities against human life.
They're mentally ill, self loathing to the point they want to end the species. They think mankind is the problem with Earth. And they seem to come to that conclusion because they're sad and so the Earth must be broken or they'd be happy.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.

That’s some profound stuff there. Who is the militant atheist?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I regret that you feel the need to resort to personal insults.

The people that are nonchalant about denying medical care to children.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You can take it as an insult or not, but as a parent, you have no **** idea what you're saying. That's straight up ignorance on your part, and it's rather unseemly to those that do have kids.

So nobody involved in this thread or back story. I agree.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

My problem with all of this is the UK Universal Healthcare System has been taken completely out of the loop.

The parents have secured the $$$ and means to take care of their son. The staff of Alder Hey Hospital have decided that they and they alone have the say over the care of Alfie Evans. His parents have absolutely no say in the issue.

The courts in the UK have decided that the hospital has the right to make those decisions not the parents. This is what I have a huge problem with. Taking the ultimate decision out of the hands of the parents.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Kids are going to have terminal illnesses regardless of your parental status.

So nobody involved in this thread or back story. I agree.

I think you are here, though not a militant. Certainly seem indifferent about kids being denied care.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:My problem with all of this is the UK Universal Healthcare System has been taken completely out of the loop.

The parents have secured the $$$ and means to take care of their son. The staff of Alder Hey Hospital have decided that they and they alone have the say over the care of Alfie Evans. His parents have absolutely no say in the issue.

The courts in the UK have decided that the hospital has the right to make those decisions not the parents. This is what I have a huge problem with. Taking the ultimate decision out of the hands of the parents.
Ditto. I'm ok with the socialized medicine refusing to pay. But they're way out of line by denying any care from any provider.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:My problem with all of this is the UK Universal Healthcare System has been taken completely out of the loop.

This is what the left eventually wants here. Dopes like ip long for it. They say it won’t happen like that here......but those of us who know what leftism brings, know it’s going to happen if we go down that road. You give these pricks and inch, they always take the proverbial mile.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function