Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:IP makes a great argument for exterminating invalids and pensioners, guys. I'll give him that.
You should apologize.
Why? It's your plan. They are all drains on society whose existence affects others. What are you thinking....load them into boxcars?

Note: this isn't a "slippery slope", it's direct application of your argument. If the government gets to kill your baby because he's cost the government $X without any opportunity for recoupment, the same should be true for your grandpa.
As I've stated before in this thread, which you've ignored then and will probably ignore now, I haven't formed an opinion about receiving outside care under a single payer system.

Your statements about recoupment costs being a factor in medical care are yours and yours alone.
"One person's actions affect others in the system"

That was your argument for killing a baby.
That's incorrect.
Right, you've been arguing for the last 4pages with everyone opposed to this, but you have no opinion.

Your rationale for single payer has always been that the actions of the uninsured affect those who are (driving up cost). Now you want to pretend that there is no affect?
Don't say you haven't argued that here.

Just admit your argument is an irrational, immoral mess.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I haven't read the link, but I don't see how this situation amounts to "killing people off." A brain dead person is already dead.
If you walked into a hospital room and stabbed a brain dead patient to death, would you be charged with murder? :idea:
Irrelevant.
It highlights the error in your thinking.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I haven't read the link, but I don't see how this situation amounts to "killing people off." A brain dead person is already dead.
If you walked into a hospital room and stabbed a brain dead patient to death, would you be charged with murder? :idea:
Irrelevant.
Like abortion, it's only not a life when they want to kill it.

Life is so easy when you're a liberal, that's why the dumb and lazy are drawn to it.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Irrelevant.
Nah. It recognizes that a malfeasor need not be treated the same way as a healthcare system trying to do the best it can with limited resources. You guys always get wrapped up in this red herring.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

You should apologize.[/quote]

Why? It's your plan. They are all drains on society whose existence affects others. What are you thinking....load them into boxcars?

Note: this isn't a "slippery slope", it's direct application of your argument. If the government gets to kill your baby because he's cost the government $X without any opportunity for recoupment, the same should be true for your grandpa.[/quote]

As I've stated before in this thread, which you've ignored then and will probably ignore now, I haven't formed an opinion about receiving outside care under a single payer system.

Your statements about recoupment costs being a factor in medical care are yours and yours alone.[/quote]

"One person's actions affect others in the system"

That was your argument for killing a baby.[/quote]

That's incorrect.[/quote]

Right, you've been arguing for the last 4pages with everyone opposed to this, but you have no opinion.

Your rationale for single payer has always been that the actions of the uninsured affect those who are (driving up cost). Now you want to pretend that there is no affect?
Don't say you haven't argued that here.

Just admit your argument is an irrational, immoral mess.[/quote]

OK.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Irrelevant.
Nah. It recognizes that a malfeasor need not be treated the same way as a healthcare system trying to do the best it can with limited resources. You guys always get wrapped up in this red herring.
Nope, can't have it both ways.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Irrelevant.
Yes you can. It's currently murder to kill a fetus in a mother, but that mother could choose to abort the fetus. World still spins.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Irrelevant.
I see. So, if you call yourself a doctor, it's OK to stab the invalid to death because they aren't really alive? I assume you're a doctor since you've already assessed the viability of the child in the circumstance?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Irrelevant.
I see. So, if you call yourself a doctor, it's OK to stab the invalid to death because they aren't really alive? I assume you're a doctor since you've already assessed the viability of the child in the circumstance?
That’s silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:[

Irrelevant.
Yes you can. It's currently murder to kill a fetus in a mother, but that mother could choose to abort the fetus. World still spins.
You make a great argument for banning abortion.

Citing the law isn't an argument. After all, owning people was once the law as well. Was slavery moral when it was legal?
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Irrelevant.

Citing the law isn't an argument. After all, owning people was once the law as well.
I’m OK with what you consider to be the inconsistency.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[It highlights the error in your thinking.

Citing the law isn't an argument. After all, owning people was once the law as well.

So slavery was moral when it was the law?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Nah. It recognizes that a malfeasor need not be treated the same way as a healthcare system trying to do the best it can with limited resources. You guys always get wrapped up in this red herring.

So slavery was moral when it was the law?
No.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The great thing about having a clear moral foundation based on simple principles is that inconsistencies like IP's don't come up.

I've never had to equivocate in defense of murder to justify my ethos to anyone.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:The great thing about having a clear moral foundation based on simple principles is that inconsistencies like IP's don't come up.
OK.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:The great thing about having a clear moral foundation based on simple principles is that inconsistencies like IP's don't come up.
OK.

Atta boy
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
OK.

Atta boy
I’m lucky to be in the presence of such righteousness.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: If you walked into a hospital room and stabbed a brain dead patient to death, would you be charged with murder? :idea:
Irrelevant.
That's incredibly inconsistent and not really moral.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Irrelevant.
I’m OK with it.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It highlights the error in your thinking.
I’m OK with it.

Got it, doesn't make it moral.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

If you walked into a hospital room and stabbed a brain dead patient to death, would you be charged with murder? :idea:[/quote]

Irrelevant.[/quote]It highlights the error in your thinking.[/quote]

Nah. It recognizes that a malfeasor need not be treated the same way as a healthcare system trying to do the best it can with limited resources. You guys always get wrapped up in this red herring.[/quote]Nope, can't have it both ways.[/quote]

Yes you can. It's currently murder to kill a fetus in a mother, but that mother could choose to abort the fetus. World still spins.[/quote]

That's incredibly inconsistent and not really moral.[/quote]

I’m OK with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Got it, doesn't make it moral.[/quote]

you guys have blown so FAR off the topic, in this case taking the kid to Italy will not save him, per the article (all the info any of us has) the kid will not live long no matter what they do to him. Should they have kept Barbara Bush's body alive? forced her to have care? The kid IN THIS EXACT CASE is not going to be cured of anything and his brain (per the article) is already badly damaged to the point he cannot and will never function as a normal kid. There is a difference between mental issues and the brain is not functioning at all in some parts of it. Humans need a brain to function to live
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote: you guys have blown so FAR off the topic, in this case taking the kid to Italy will not save him, per the article (all the info any of us has) the kid will not live long no matter what they do to him. Should they have kept Barbara Bush's body alive? forced her to have care? The kid IN THIS EXACT CASE is not going to be cured of anything and his brain (per the article) is already badly damaged to the point he cannot and will never function as a normal kid. There is a difference between mental issues and the brain is not functioning at all in some parts of it. Humans need a brain to function to live

Nothing will save any of us. We're all terminal. WTH is your point and why do you think Barbara Bush has anything to do with this?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It highlights the error in your thinking.
I’m OK with it.

You and cwctr are riding together in the HOV lane on the highway to crazy.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Nah. It recognizes that a malfeasor need not be treated the same way as a healthcare system trying to do the best it can with limited resources. You guys always get wrapped up in this red herring.
I’m OK with it.

You and cwctr are riding together in the HOV lane on the highway to crazy.
cwctr is towing IP's Prius, that is loaded with alpacas, like a livestock trailer. Yeah, neat to see a different team alignment.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You and cwctr are riding together in the HOV lane on the highway to crazy.
cwctr is towing IP's Prius, that is loaded with alpacas, like a livestock trailer. Yeah, neat to see a different team alignment.
They make a good team.