Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Ahhhhhh.....the joys of socialized medicine....

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.[/quote]

I regret that you feel the need to resort to personal insults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]You can take it as an insult or not, but as a parent, you have no **** idea what you're saying. That's straight up ignorance on your part, and it's rather unseemly to those that do have kids.[/quote]

Kids are going to have terminal illnesses regardless of your parental status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]That's obviously not the issue, it's denying them care even when the parents will pay.[/quote]

Militant atheists always like to mock religion as an obsolete remnant of the past which is only needed by idiots, yet they always seem to be the first ones to jump on the train supporting euthanasia/eugenics, or other atrocities against human life.[/quote]

That’s some profound stuff there. Who is the militant atheist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]The people that are nonchalant about denying medical care to children.[/quote]

So nobody involved in this thread or back story. I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I think you are here, though not a militant. Certainly seem indifferent about kids being denied care.[/quote]

I think you are confusing rational logic with indifference. There is nothing to be done for the kid.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]You can take it as an insult or not, but as a parent, you have no **** idea what you're saying. That's straight up ignorance on your part, and it's rather unseemly to those that do have kids.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]That's obviously not the issue, it's denying them care even when the parents will pay.[/quote]

Militant atheists always like to mock religion as an obsolete remnant of the past which is only needed by idiots, yet they always seem to be the first ones to jump on the train supporting euthanasia/eugenics, or other atrocities against human life.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]The people that are nonchalant about denying medical care to children.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I think you are here, though not a militant. Certainly seem indifferent about kids being denied care.[/quote]

I think you are confusing rational logic with indifference. There is nothing to be done for the kid.[/quote]

The parents have something that can be done. You're indifferent, not rational.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're lucky no woman wants to procreate with you and so can't comprehend what happened.

I think you are confusing rational logic with indifference. There is nothing to be done for the kid.[/quote]

The parents have something that can be done. You're indifferent, not rational.[/quote]

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

No need to cut and run. Explain "logically" why the parents can't use their own money and provider to care for their child.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

No need to cut and run. Explain "logically" why the parents can't use their own money and provider to care for their child.
You said I’m indifferent.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

Then stop showing indifference. Explain your position.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

My personal position is that I’d need to think about it more and become better educated about the issue.

I’ve never stated my personal position on here about this, but I’ve learned that I’m a militant atheist, indifferent, and without children because I’m unable to find someone willing to have my child.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

My personal position is that I’d need to think about it more and become better educated about the issue.

I’ve never stated my personal position on here about this, but I’ve learned that I’m a militant atheist, indifferent, and without children because I’m unable to find someone willing to have my child.

Fair enough. Surely though you can see how trolling can mistaken for a position.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

Fair enough. Surely though you can see how trolling can mistaken for a position.
I'm not trolling here. I find unnecessary or ill-advised medical care to be a huge issue. Medical care here could very well be ill-advised.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Militant atheists always like to mock religion as an obsolete remnant of the past which is only needed by idiots, yet they always seem to be the first ones to jump on the train supporting euthanasia/eugenics, or other atrocities against human life.

If you want to quibble over the definition of militant in the context of atheism, then you've already lost the argument.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Militant atheists always like to mock religion as an obsolete remnant of the past which is only needed by idiots, yet they always seem to be the first ones to jump on the train supporting euthanasia/eugenics, or other atrocities against human life.

If you want to quibble over the definition of militant in the context of atheism, then you've already lost the argument.
If I want to ask you what the words you used mean, I've lost. Got it.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I'm not trolling here. I find unnecessary or ill-advised medical care to be a huge issue. Medical care here could very well be ill-advised.
You think that providing oxygen to a patient who can't breathe is ill advised?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You think that providing oxygen to a patient who can't breathe is ill advised?
Probably not, no.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

If I just remove "militant", will you feel better?

For me, it's a pejorative for the folks whose atheism has become a religion for them
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

For me, it's a pejorative for the folks whose atheism has become a religion for them
My feelings are not affected either way by your proclamations about my religious beliefs. I would not characterize myself as an atheist.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

My feelings are not affected either way by your proclamations about my religious beliefs. I would not characterize myself as an atheist.
Please logically explain why the parents can't manage the medical care of their child.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

If you want to quibble over the definition of militant in the context of atheism, then you've already lost the argument.[/quote]

If I want to ask you what the words you used mean, I've lost. Got it.[/quote]

For me, it's a pejorative for the folks whose atheism has become a religion for them[/quote]

My feelings are not affected either way by your proclamations about my religious beliefs. I would not characterize myself as an atheist.[/quote]Please logically explain why the parents can't manage the medical care of their child.[/quote]

It always depends on the circumstances, but there are instances in which parents are incapable of accepting cold, hard reality, which in turn can negatively impact others who are capable of being helped.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote: It always depends on the circumstances, but there are instances in which parents are incapable of accepting cold, hard reality, which in turn can negatively impact others who are capable of being helped.
Whose choice is it?

Tangent: This popped up. Great way to get some skin in the game, phun intended!
https://www.theonion.com/millions-acros ... 1825566593
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: It always depends on the circumstances, but there are instances in which parents are incapable of accepting cold, hard reality, which in turn can negatively impact others who are capable of being helped.
Whose choice is it?

Depends on the healthcare system.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Whose choice is it?

Why should that matter from a moral standpoint?

I only got 10 striper last night. Biggest was only 25 inches.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Whose choice is it?

Because one persons actions affect others in the system.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Whose choice is it?

So? You're pointing out a good reason not to have socialized medicine.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Whose choice is it?

I’m pointing out the reality that already exists under any system.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Whose choice is it?

Not really. My healthcare doesn't affect you. Your way of thinking could be applied to any transaction, like if I buy flowers for my wife then you can't buy the same ones. It's too abstract and removed from reality.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Depends on the healthcare system.

Not really. My healthcare doesn't affect you. Your way of thinking could be applied to any transaction, like if I buy flowers for my wife then you can't buy the same ones. It's too abstract and removed from reality.
Well, the reality is that the system the UK has in place provides more services to their citizens for a cheaper price that what we receive here.