This YETI ain't ready

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

This YETI ain't ready

Post by awesome guy »

Yeti dropping the NRA is one of the dumbest corporate blunders in modern history. They're sold at gun stores plus Dicks. Their customer base is NRA types, they're not going to survive selling $30 tumblers and $40 buckets to metrosexuals and house wives.. That's a highly competitive space and they ticked off the majority of their market.

http://m.nbc12.com/story/38021725/this- ... vered-ties
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Re: This YETI ain't ready

Post by HooFighter »

What better way to pwn the libs than by blowing up your $300 cooler.

Hopefully they bought a Keurig to put inside of it.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Yeti dropping the NRA is one of the dumbest corporate blunders in modern history. They're sold at gun stores plus Dicks. Their customer base is NRA types, they're not going to survive selling $30 tumblers and $40 buckets to metrosexuals and house wives.. That's a highly competitive space and they ticked off the majority of their market.

yea I saw that this morning, totally stupid move. Most people do just fine with a regular cooler instead of one that costs twice as much. At the end of the report on the stupid decision tho the reporter said that the Yeti company still supports the second amendment....
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:What better way to pwn the libs than by blowing up your $300 cooler.

I'm not a big fan of this stuff, but it is effective at marketing their message. Now they'll get a $150 RTIC or $350 Orion.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Yeti dropping the NRA is one of the dumbest corporate blunders in modern history. They're sold at gun stores plus Dicks. Their customer base is NRA types, they're not going to survive selling $30 tumblers and $40 buckets to metrosexuals and house wives.. That's a highly competitive space and they ticked off the majority of their market.

yea I saw that this morning, totally stupid move. Most people do just fine with a regular cooler instead of one that costs twice as much. At the end of the report on the stupid decision tho the reporter said that the Yeti company still supports the second amendment....
They're 10 times what I spend on one. Coolers are one thing I go cheap on as I'm always fouling them by forgetting bait for a couple days or week. Into the trash when that happens and I get another $20 job at Dollar General. I do have a nice 120qt, but limit use if that to family trips or long haul trips. I loaded it with walleye and steelhead trout on my last trip to Lake Erie.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I've been casually following this. They appear to be backtracking now, but really stepped on their dicks with this move. Nothing like offending 90% of their customer base. Guarantee some millennial chick with a social sciences degree in the marketing department who doesn't even own a Yeti product made this call.

I don't even own a Yeti product myself. Most people seem to just want the stickers for the back of their Bro dozer pickups. I'll look at Pelican or RTIC if I need to keep something cold in the desert for 5 days. Until then, my 50gal Coleman Extreme works great.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:What better way to pwn the libs than by blowing up your $300 cooler.

These things don't make sense on a personal level (Yeti has already made their money on this sale), but it is powerful marketing against the company for their stupid decision.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The $40 (I think they were $50 at one point) 5-gal buckets are my favorite. :lol:

How stupid do you have to be to buy this?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:I've been casually following this. They appear to be backtracking now, but really stepped on their dicks with this move. Nothing like offending 90% of their customer base. Guarantee some millennial chick with a social sciences degree in the marketing department who doesn't even own a Yeti product made this call.

I don't even own a Yeti product myself. Most people seem to just want the stickers for the back of their Bro dozer pickups. I'll look at Pelican or RTIC if I need to keep something cold in the desert for 5 days. Until then, my 50gal Coleman Extreme works great.
Can I get a picture of a bro dozer pickup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:

The $40 (I think they were $50 at one point) 5-gal buckets are my favorite. :lol:

Is that really $40?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I've been casually following this. They appear to be backtracking now, but really stepped on their dicks with this move. Nothing like offending 90% of their customer base. Guarantee some millennial chick with a social sciences degree in the marketing department who doesn't even own a Yeti product made this call.

Can I get a picture of a bro dozer pickup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suggest you search for "Bro dozer pickup" on the google.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Is that really $40?
https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/yeti ... gIltPD_BwE
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The $40 (I think they were $50 at one point) 5-gal buckets are my favorite. [emoji38]

Is that really $40?
But it's so YETI!
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

But......look at all the features!
Great for all outdoor use
SuperStrong™ Build is high-impact-resistant and indestructible
High density polyethylene construction
Food safe design
LipGrip™ Handle makes it easy to carry when full
HeftyHauler™ Handle offers comfortable hauling
AnchorPoint™ Tie-Down Slots for securing to your boat, ATV, or truck
BearFoot™ Non-Slip Ring on the bottom prevents the bucket from sliding and leaving marks
Capacity: 5 gallons
Dimensions: 10.25” x 12.875” x 15.875”
Weight: 5.8 lbs.
Brand: YETI
Country of Origin: United States of America
Style: YLOADOUT
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I can hear the window sticker scrapping noises from here...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

The ice keeping is a byproduct of the heavy design. They were created for use site casting redfish in TX and LA. The founder got tired of crushing his injection molded cooler when he stood on it. So he designed a rotomolded cooler that wouldn't collapse under weight. They're great for that, being stood on all day. That's also why the have the wider dimensions, for stability. The extended insulation is a byproduct of the sturdier construction.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Is that really $40?
its true, a sucker is born every minute.....