Progressive, non-racist Boston votes to change the name

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Progressive, non-racist Boston votes to change the name

Post by CFB Apologist »

of Yawkey Way - former redsox owner who is rumored to have had "racist tendencies" in the 1930's. Yawkey gave millions to charity in Boston, and was a pioneer in treating visiting teams- including ones with black players-with better facilities/food than any other team. Yawkey Way was fine from 1976-2017, nobody was offended- no issues. Yawkey is also long dead, so he didn't do anything racist the past year. Liberals and (Nolan and IP) said there is no slippery slope with regards to confederate monuments being taken down- nope..those were traitors to the union, and obviously should be removed- nobody is going after any other "momuments" rednecks.. yep..

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2332 ... acist-past
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Progressive, non-racist Boston votes to change the name

Post by nolanvt »

CFB, I have the intellectual capacity to know that there’s a difference between Yawkey and individuals who were enemies of the United States. I would tend to be against the name change of Yawkey here, but don’t have enough information to come to a firm conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:CFB, I have the intellectual capacity to know that there’s a difference between Yawkey and individuals who were enemies of the United States. I would tend to be against the name change of Yawkey here, but don’t have enough information to come to a firm conclusion.

Talk about a sentence full of contradiction. Right off the bat, too! (Pun intended)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:CFB, I have the intellectual capacity to know that there’s a difference between Yawkey and individuals who were enemies of the United States. I would tend to be against the name change of Yawkey here, but don’t have enough information to come to a firm conclusion.

Talk about a sentence full of contradiction. Right off the bat, too! (Pun intended)
Go on.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead