Infinity War movie review

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Infinity War movie review

Post by awesome guy »

It gets an OMFG, just incredible. An amazing movie on multiple levels. The 10 year and entire MCU build up pays off in the most epic way. Tons of cgi, but I barely noticed as the story was so compelling. Thanos was just insane! So good that Josh Brolin could get an academy nomination as a CGI character. They nailed the difficult task of weaving so many characters into one epic film. I've had low expectations about it going in and was blown away. I've never seen a movie like that, seriously. I wouldn't bring younger children as it's not their typical super hero movie. It's very dark, darker than Empire Strikes Back as it's effectively a Thanos movie. He's not the typical bad guy that you see here and there, he's the star amongst many stars. Kudos to Marvel for pulling this off.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Infinity War movie review

Post by HokieHam »

Taking my son for his Bday today and a bunch of other boys. Should be fun.

For the record, during TLJ when Leia came back to life or whatevs, he looked at me and said, “That’s trash”.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:Taking my son for his Bday today and a bunch of other boys. Should be fun.

For the record, during TLJ when Leia came back to life or whatevs, he looked at me and said, “That’s trash”.......

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
Nice! I'd be cautious about taking a young kid to this. I'm not going to spoil, but it is an Infinity War and it is dark.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Taking my son for his Bday today and a bunch of other boys. Should be fun.

Nice! I'd be cautious about taking a young kid to this. I'm not going to spoil, but it is an Infinity War and it is dark.
He’s 13.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

He’s 13.
He'd probably be ok. Trying not to spoil, the end is more like Empire Strikes Back than your typical Marvel Movie.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:It gets an OMFG, just incredible. An amazing movie on multiple levels. The 10 year and entire MCU build up pays off in the most epic way. Tons of cgi, but I barely noticed as the story was so compelling. Thanos was just insane! So good that Josh Brolin could get an academy nomination as a CGI character. They nailed the difficult task of weaving so many characters into one epic film. I've had low expectations about it going in and was blown away. I've never seen a movie like that, seriously. I wouldn't bring younger children as it's not their typical super hero movie. It's very dark, darker than Empire Strikes Back as it's effectively a Thanos movie. He's not the typical bad guy that you see here and there, he's the star amongst many stars. Kudos to Marvel for pulling this off.
Yeh, a friend saw it and said it was epic, and amazing. Can't wait to see it.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Kids and their super hero comic books!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:Kids and their super hero comic books!
Damn straight! Thanos loves you too and will show mercy.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Epic. They did a Heck of a job with all the characters.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:Epic. They did a Heck of a job with all the characters.
How did your son do? My daughter said the bravest kid in her class saw it and he cried. I'm debating taking her, leaning no.
Last edited by awesome guy on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
How did your son do? My daughter said the bravest lid in her house saw it and he cried. I'm debating taking her, leaning no.
He did fine. A few of the boys said they were tearing up at a certain point. Don’t want to spoil it though,

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
How did your son do? My daughter said the bravest lid in her house saw it and he cried. I'm debating taking her, leaning no.
He did fine. A few of the boys said they were tearing up at a certain point. Don’t want to spoil it though,
Yep, same point.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Took my three boys last night. Even the wife went, and she normally takes advantage of me and the kids being out of the house. [emoji23]

My kids loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Took my three boys last night. Even the wife went, and she normally takes advantage of me and the kids being out of the house. [emoji23]

My kids loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't believe they made a movie like that.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

:lol:
Attachments
0B01F253-B400-4159-8B84-C328B41D7E79.jpeg
0B01F253-B400-4159-8B84-C328B41D7E79.jpeg (125.12 KiB) Viewed 1291 times

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:[emoji38]
LOL
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

Do you have to see all of the previous Super Hero movies first to understand the storyline? I've only seen a few. How many are there anyway? Might be a good long term project.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Techmomof2 wrote:Do you have to see all of the previous Super Hero movies first to understand the storyline? I've only seen a few. How many are there anyway? Might be a good long term project.
It certainly helps to watch all 18 or however many! It starts where Ragnarok left off so it helps to see that first.