133743Hokie

Re: LOL! What a shirtshow Corey Stewart is

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Ummm yeah. The establishment snobs didn't vote for him or pay for ads or support him in anyway. That's a problem with the leadership and weak-kneed voters, not the candidate. No one can win with "friends" like that.
As I said... the Virginia Republican Party is a excrement show. They nominate a candidate and then don’t support him. And we end up with McCullough.
Too many necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, Virginia has too many NYecks (and other northeasterners) now. They've all come down a) to flee the high taxes and bad policies of the northeast liberal cities and states or b) to suck on the teat at the seat of their beloved big government. Either way they're parasites on Virginia.
OK. Good luck with Stewart.

RIF. I already expressed my opinion about Stewart and other far right candidates popping up in virginia recently.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Ummm yeah. The establishment snobs didn't vote for him or pay for ads or support him in anyway. That's a problem with the leadership and weak-kneed voters, not the candidate. No one can win with "friends" like that.
As I said... the Virginia Republican Party is a excrement show. They nominate a candidate and then don’t support him. And we end up with McCullough.
Too many necks.

Actually, Virginia has too many NYecks (and other northeasterners) now. They've all come down a) to flee the high taxes and bad policies of the northeast liberal cities and states or b) to suck on the teat at the seat of their beloved big government. Either way they're parasites on Virginia.
OK. Good luck with Stewart.

RIF. I already expressed my opinion about Stewart and other far right candidates popping up in virginia recently.
Too many necks.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Va Republican Party needs to scrap and start over

Complete dysfunction
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

133743Hokie wrote:RIF. I already expressed my opinion about Stewart and other far right candidates popping up in virginia recently.
I wouldn't call Stewart a "far-right candidate". He is, by all accounts, fairly liberal in his governing. (He is in a part of the state that doesn't really elect conservatives.)

Like Trump, he is an agitator who probably doesn't even believe all of the crap he spews, but he knows it is good red meat for what he perceives to be the GOP base.

For Trump, that was enough to win him the nomination in a field of 16 candidates. For Stewart, that won him a three-way race with the help of crossover votes and having some name recognition from his previous primary race.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BigDave wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:RIF. I already expressed my opinion about Stewart and other far right candidates popping up in virginia recently.
I wouldn't call Stewart a "far-right candidate". He is, by all accounts, fairly liberal in his governing. (He is in a part of the state that doesn't really elect conservatives.)

Like Trump, he is an agitator who probably doesn't even believe all of the crap he spews, but he knows it is good red meat for what he perceives to be the GOP base.

For Trump, that was enough to win him the nomination in a field of 16 candidates. For Stewart, that won him a three-way race with the help of crossover votes and having some name recognition from his previous primary race.
I'm confused. Are you saying that Trump's policies of lowering taxes, deregulation, building up the military, and strengthening the border are not conservative? Or do you believe his actions are conservative, but his belief system is not conservative?

If that's the case, then give me a POTUS who implements conservative policies but doesn't believe in conservatism over a POTUS that believes in conservatism but implements liberal policies (ala Bush) any day. And I am being generous in assuming that Bush believes in conservative principles.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I'm confused. Are you saying that Trump's policies of lowering taxes, deregulation, building up the military, and strengthening the border are not conservative? Or do you believe his actions are conservative, but his belief system is not conservative?

If that's the case, then give me a POTUS who implements conservative policies but doesn't believe in conservatism over a POTUS that believes in conservatism but implements liberal policies (ala Bush) any day. And I am being generous in assuming that Bush believes in conservative principles.
Most of his actions in office that you could categorize are conservative. His belief system isn't conservative - and he didn't hold any conservative beliefs to speak of until he decided it was time to run for President as a Republican - although he's pretty much entirely surrounded by conservatives.

(A glaring exception to that would be his protectionism, which is not conservative in the least.)
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:

He's been the head of the board of supervisors in Prince William County, the only conservative area in NOVA, for almost a decade. He has been harsh on illegal immigration. He has favored "confederate" issues. He is extremely right wing, especially for NOVA.