Did some threads disappear?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Once

Did some threads disappear?

Post by Once »

Or is it just me today? Tapatalk seems to be behaving kind of hinky.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Re: Did some threads disappear?

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Yeah. One did.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Once

Post by Once »

Okay - a more specific question: was it deleted intentionally? Tapatalk isn't self updating (for me) efficiently and there are discrepancies (plural) between what I'm seeing on Tapatalk vs. directly from the UWSboard.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:Yeah. One did.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Once wrote:Okay - a more specific question: was it deleted intentionally? Tapatalk isn't self updating (for me) efficiently and there are discrepancies (plural) between what I'm seeing on Tapatalk vs. directly from the UWSboard.
I think it must have been.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Once

Post by Once »

Okay, well that doesn't explain the Tapatalk thing. That must be on their end. Thx.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Once wrote:Okay - a more specific question: was it deleted intentionally? Tapatalk isn't self updating (for me) efficiently and there are discrepancies (plural) between what I'm seeing on Tapatalk vs. directly from the UWSboard.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

Once wrote:Okay, well that doesn't explain the Tapatalk thing. That must be on their end. Thx.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
I have noticed some quirks in tapatalk as well. The most common being that I only get the most recent ten or so threads and then they repeat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Uprising wrote:
Once wrote:Okay, well that doesn't explain the Tapatalk thing. That must be on their end. Thx.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
I have noticed some quirks in tapatalk as well. The most common being that I only get the most recent ten or so threads and then they repeat.

Are you using unread posts or browsing to the forum? Are you using the latest version of Tapatalk? Is your device a phone or a tablet? I'm trying from an android tablet right now without problems.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Tapatalk has been buggy for me ever since the last major "update."

What thread disappeared?
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Can you make sure Tapatalk is refreshing? I have seen times where I think it is refreshed but really it isn't.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

BigDave wrote:
Uprising wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Are you using unread posts or browsing to the forum? Are you using the latest version of Tapatalk? Is your device a phone or a tablet? I'm trying from an android tablet right now without problems.

Browsing uws forum. Latest version of pro. Phone, nexus 4. This quirk is sporadic.
If I hit the refresh button, it doesn't work. I have to back out one level and come back in. For instance, to refresh this thread, I have to go back to the uws forum and click on this thread again. Rather than just hitting refresh. This has been the case since I joined.
Edit: this apparently isn't constant either. It is working now.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
Can you make sure Tapatalk is refreshing? I have seen times where I think it is refreshed but really it isn't.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2
That's my problem. I hit refresh and nothing happens. Android, FWIW.
Once

Post by Once »

My deal is this: a few videos/images don't show up on my iPad for obvious reasons, which is primarily what I use for browsing UWS. I only use Tapatalk to go look at those if I'm feeling interested enough (and even then I'm not always able to even view them there).

I don't use the browse unread posts feature at all. Tapatalk doesn't seem to update when a new post is made (for more than an hour or so I'd guess). I wouldn't know how it is behaving unless I have a video I want to use Tapatalk to view (like this morning with major Kong's thread on the Lunch sub-board).
BigDave wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Once wrote:Did some threads disappear?
There for a second I thought you were talking about my 20 year old replica Baby Blue San Diego Chargers Leslie O'Neil jersey. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Once

Post by Once »

Lol. That passes for vintage maybe in the football jersey arena! You know, regardless of how long I've lived here, I cannot seem to force myself to become a Chargers fan. I've tried. I'm a huge Eddie Royal fan, and even went to a game this last season just to watch him play in person, but the Chargers are like furniture for me. They're just there.
Major Kong wrote:
Once wrote:Did some threads disappear?
There for a second I thought you were talking about my 20 year old replica Baby Blue San Diego Chargers Leslie O'Neil jersey. :mrgreen:
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Once wrote:Lol. That passes for vintage maybe in the football jersey arena! You know, regardless of how long I've lived here, I cannot seem to force myself to become a Chargers fan. I've tried. I'm a huge Eddie Royal fan, and even went to a game this last season just to watch him play in person, but the Chargers are like furniture for me. They're just there.
I've been a Chargers fan since I was a wee lad living in Belmont Heights and they were in the AFL. :)

Once

Post by Once »

The city has this crappy broadcasting blackout rule. If the chargers don't sell enough tickets to a game, it's locally blacked out for TV viewing. Ergo, you have to haul yourself down to the stadium, deal with the drunks and fighters, and pay $400+ for decent seats to see the game. Then after the wheels fall off the Chargers' strategy and they roll over for the other team in the 4th quarter, you get to hang in the parking lot for an hour and a half trying to get out. The parking lot is good people watching though (if you want to see a couple or two getting to third base, a few fights, and the verbal yelling matches between drunk belligerent guy and his drunk crying girlfriend). Slice of Americana! :lol:
Major Kong wrote:
Once wrote:Lol. That passes for vintage maybe in the football jersey arena! You know, regardless of how long I've lived here, I cannot seem to force myself to become a Chargers fan. I've tried. I'm a huge Eddie Royal fan, and even went to a game this last season just to watch him play in person, but the Chargers are like furniture for me. They're just there.
I've been a Chargers fan since I was a wee lad living in Belmont Heights and they were in the AFL. :)
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Once wrote:The city has this crappy broadcasting blackout rule. If the chargers don't sell enough tickets to a game, it's locally blacked out for TV viewing. Ergo, you have to haul yourself down to the stadium, deal with the drunks and fighters, and pay $400+ for decent seats to see the game. Then after the wheels fall off the Chargers' strategy and they roll over for the other team in the 4th quarter, you get to hang in the parking lot for an hour and a half trying to get out. The parking lot is good people watching though (if you want to see a couple or two getting to third base, a few fights, and the verbal yelling matches between drunk belligerent guy and his drunk crying girlfriend). Slice of Americana! :lol:
Actually that's an NFL rule...'tis the reason that while we were living in AZ there were very few AZ Cards games televised unless the Cards were playing the Cowboys or Raiders. :)

Once

Post by Once »

Had no idea... Anyway, if I want to see drunks fighting and crying or people having 'near' sex (like near beer), that's what reality TV is for.
Major Kong wrote:
Once wrote:The city has this crappy broadcasting blackout rule. If the chargers don't sell enough tickets to a game, it's locally blacked out for TV viewing. Ergo, you have to haul yourself down to the stadium, deal with the drunks and fighters, and pay $400+ for decent seats to see the game. Then after the wheels fall off the Chargers' strategy and they roll over for the other team in the 4th quarter, you get to hang in the parking lot for an hour and a half trying to get out. The parking lot is good people watching though (if you want to see a couple or two getting to third base, a few fights, and the verbal yelling matches between drunk belligerent guy and his drunk crying girlfriend). Slice of Americana! :lol:
Actually that's an NFL rule...'tis the reason that while we were living in AZ there were very few AZ Cards games televised unless the Cards were playing the Cowboys or Raiders. :)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Once wrote:Or is it just me today? Tapatalk seems to be behaving kind of hinky.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Once

Post by Once »

I like that word. I'm also a fan of wonky.
RiverguyVT wrote:
Once wrote:Or is it just me today? Tapatalk seems to be behaving kind of hinky.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:?: What did we learn here? :?:
Salute the Marines
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:
Well you did learn:
  • I lived in Belmont Heights when I was a kid
    I have a Leslie O'Neil Powder Blue Chargers jersey
    I've liked the Chargers for many years
:mrgreen:

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Well you did learn:
  • I lived in Belmont Heights when I was a kid
    I have a Leslie O'Neil Powder Blue Chargers jersey
    I've liked the Chargers for many years
:mrgreen:
Waaay back before the internets, when I was young, I remember watching QB stats weekly and always being impressed by Fouts. The guy could chuck the ball around, back before west coast offenses were in style. He was a hipster like that (LOL).
Salute the Marines
Once

Post by Once »

I learned that the blackout rule is NFL-wide.
RiverguyVT wrote:
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

RiverguyVT wrote:
You tell me.