High levels of radiation found in Cali beach and MO snow

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Marine Hokie

High levels of radiation found in Cali beach and MO snow

Post by Marine Hokie »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... evels.html

-A San Francisco beach has five times the safe level fueling concerns over Fukushima's impact
-The findings - reaching over 150 micro-REM per hour - prompted federal officials to launch an investigation
-Officials said they were 'befuddled'
-Snow in Missouri has been found to contain double the normal radiation amount
-In September, a BBC report said radiation readings around the Fukushima power plant were 18 times higher than previously reported
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: High levels of radiation found in Cali beach and MO snow

Post by awesome guy »

that's nuts. For those that think the government would never hide something like this from the public, I have no such confidence in them. It's a matter of logistics, do we want to or can we relocate the the quarter of the population living on the west cost to elsewhere? They would make the play for minimized local impacts in my opinion, accepting some damage as to not create panic and economic damage from the lost of the world's 5th largest economy, CA.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I have a good friend who is a sailing instructor here. I'll let you all know if he grows a third eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
hokieian

Post by hokieian »

Yeah, about that radiation.... It's a naturally occurring phenomenon that has been documented in scientific literature.

http://blog.safecast.org/2014/01/radiat ... a-beaches/
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

hokieian wrote:Yeah, about that radiation.... It's a naturally occurring phenomenon that has been documented in scientific literature.

http://blog.safecast.org/2014/01/radiat ... a-beaches/
I have a friend who has been posting radiation warnings on FB for several months. Last week, she talked to her brother in law, who is an expert in the field (so she says), and he told her the stuff she has been reading is mostly scary sounding, but not dangerous. And the stuff that is real has zero correlation to Fukushima - which makes you think you should be worried about something else then.