Wow, looks like the new Gates book just hit the fan....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Wow, looks like the new Gates book just hit the fan....

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The lesson here is you never keep someone from the previous administration. I imagine Obama thought the military was too icky to deal with so he thought "I'll just let that Republican handle the DoD." :lol:

And now we have this little gem from the next "unbeatable" democrat candidate herself:
In a new memoir of his time as secretary of defense in the Obama administration, Gates writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”
In other words, this woman has no real convictions. She'll say and do whatever it takes to get power. People like this should scare the hell out of the American public, but alas we still have way to many low info voters (see the elections of 2008 and 2012 for proof) to think that people can see through a lying sack of sh!t like Hillary or Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... y-in-2016/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Wow, looks like the new Gates book just hit the fan....

Post by awesome guy »

She cares, like that dirtbag NYC mayor. ..about herself.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:The lesson here is you never keep someone from the previous administration. I imagine Obama thought the military was too icky to deal with so he thought "I'll just let that Republican handle the DoD." :lol:

And now we have this little gem from the next "unbeatable" democrat candidate herself:
In a new memoir of his time as secretary of defense in the Obama administration, Gates writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

In other words, this woman has no real convictions
. She'll say and do whatever it takes to get power. People like this should scare the hell out of the American public, but alas we still have way to many low info voters (see the elections of 2008 and 2012 for proof) to think that people can see through a lying sack of sh!t like Hillary or Obama.

Because politics influenced one of her stances, she has no real convictions?
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Do you think she does?
VisorBoy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:The lesson here is you never keep someone from the previous administration. I imagine Obama thought the military was too icky to deal with so he thought "I'll just let that Republican handle the DoD." :lol:

. She'll say and do whatever it takes to get power. People like this should scare the hell out of the American public, but alas we still have way to many low info voters (see the elections of 2008 and 2012 for proof) to think that people can see through a lying sack of sh!t like Hillary or Obama.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Do you think she does?
VisorBoy wrote:

I'm pretty sure she has > 0 convictions.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

That comment is disingenuous almost to the point of being offensive. She called Petraeus and all the ground commanders in Iraq liars on national TV...for political gain. I still remember how angry I was when I heard it...making matters worse, we lost to LSU 42-7 the next day.
One4VT

Post by One4VT »

its the open flame that confirms all the smoke under the door of the past 10 years- Democrats are politically craven when it comes to foreign policy. The question now is, will the "I gots mine" voters overwhelm everyone else at the polls or will the Democrats (and Hillary in 2016 specifically) pay an electoral price for it?

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

That comment is disingenuous almost to the point of being offensive. She called Petraeus and all the ground commanders in Iraq liars on national TV...for political gain. I still remember how angry I was when I heard it...making matters worse, we lost to LSU 42-7 the next day.
Don't "Sub-Forum" my Thread Bro!
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

It is stunning that an administration full of anti american radicals, would not trust the military.

Radicals don't trust patriots.

Patriots have first hand knowledge and experience borne of blood to get to their positions and opinions.

Radicals have their ivory tower theories and their amazing intellect.

There is probably not much in the book that couldn't be learned by reading UWS postings over the last five years.

He hates the military. Libs do, radical libs especially. He's a liar and a fraud. He does not like his country.

The surprise here is that someone dared SAY that the Marrxist emperor has no clothes. Not that he is naked.

In other words, this woman has no real convictions. She'll say and do whatever it takes to get power. People like this should scare the hell out of the American public, but alas we still have way to many low info voters (see the elections of 2008 and 2012 for proof) to think that people can see through a lying sack of sh!t like Hillary or Obama.

Last edited by oaktonhokie on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieHighlander

Post by HokieHighlander »

I think Woodward has an agenda, but I will be reading this book by Gates...he always seemed apolitical to me..sort of like a "just the facts" kind of a guy...feel the same way about Colin Powell
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHighlander wrote:I think Woodward has an agenda, but I will be reading this book by Gates...he always seemed apolitical to me..sort of like a "just the facts" kind of a guy...feel the same way about Colin Powell

What is Woodward's agenda?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieHighlander wrote:I think Woodward has an agenda, but I will be reading this book by Gates...he always seemed apolitical to me..sort of like a "just the facts" kind of a guy...feel the same way about Colin Powell

What is Woodward's agenda?
Yeah, I don't get the Woodward angle. I agree on Gates, which is why I'm actually a bit surprised to see these quotes coming from him. Personally, I think Colin Powell is more self-serving, which is apolitical in a way.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VisorBoy wrote: I'm pretty sure she has > 0 convictions.
Her main conviction is unbridled self interest. More even than most pols, she is all about self.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Do you think she does?
VisorBoy wrote:

I'm pretty sure she has > 0 convictions.
She stayed with her husband even though she knew he was getting BJ's from interns in the oval office....I guess that requires convictions..... :roll:
HokieHighlander

Post by HokieHighlander »

I've read that he will go ahead and print stories regardless if it causes harm to troops in the field. I've read Woodwards books and I think he's a great author, but I think that the only loyalty he has is to himself and not his country...just my opinion though