this makes me angry, exposes the NCAA as

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

this makes me angry, exposes the NCAA as

Post by oaktonhokie »

and ineffective and hypocritical part of the problem, not the solution.

Call me crazy, but I've said here before that schools should educate. Athlethics are nice, they make money, I get it. But this is stupid, this is a shame, this is embarrassing.

For a school as highly regarded academically as UNC, this is a disgrace. And I'm sure unc is not the only place.

Carolina is not helping these kids, they are exploiting them. Who is running that place? He or she should be fired. And the Ncaa should be dissolved and rebuilt as a worthy organization.

Winning is not worth this.

Link stolen from football board.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-a ... ?hpt=hp_t1
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
RiverguyVT

Re: this makes me angry, exposes the NCAA as

Post by RiverguyVT »

UNC = the cheatingest program in collegiate history. Period.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Cpt Jagdish
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

oaktonhokie wrote:and ineffective and hypocritical part of the problem, not the solution.

Call me crazy, but I've said here before that schools should educate. Athlethics are nice, they make money, I get it. But this is stupid, this is a shame, this is embarrassing.

For a school as highly regarded academically as UNC, this is a disgrace. And I'm sure unc is not the only place.

Carolina is not helping these kids, they are exploiting them. Who is running that place? He or she should be fired. And the Ncaa should be dissolved and rebuilt as a worthy organization.

Agree 100% I hate saying this but I was good friends with a guy who received a VT football scholarship and while he was a great guy, there's no way he should have been admitted into an institution of higher learning. He was an o-linemen who did not actually stick on the team for very long.

It's all about the money. I hate that I have trained myself to separate my love for VT football from the academic school. I do not see collegiate sports programs and collegiate academics as one and the same.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:and ineffective and hypocritical part of the problem, not the solution.

cnn is covering the breaking stories from 1988.

anyone who thinks that there is integrity in college athletics isn't paying attention. it is what it is.

virginia tech (and many other schools) game the system by having football majors where almost anyone could get a degree by doing a bare minimum of work.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

That doesn't surprise me. Heck, I had a PE teacher in high school that I don't think could read on the 5th grade level. He did driver's ed and I felt sorry for the guy when he tried reading the driver's ed textbook to the class.

Yes, the dumb jock is a stereotype, but sometimes it's a stereotype because it's true.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk