Christie's speech is very good, if its true.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Christie's speech is very good, if its true.

Post by oaktonhokie »

He apologized, he took responsibility, he took action, makes him look forceful and in control. He can get very positive mileage out of this.

If its true.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Christie's speech is very good, if its true.

Post by hokie80 »

Just curious - can anyone recall Obama ever having someone fired during his numerous failures? The IRS targeting? Benghazi? Healthcare rollout? Fast & Furious?

Anyone?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

And fatso said , "I was wrong."

Mr president.....?

hokie80 wrote:Just curious - can anyone recall Obama ever having someone fired during his numerous failures? The IRS targeting? Benghazi? Healthcare rollout? Fast & Furious?

Anyone?
Once

Post by Once »

No. That's actually one of the things that makes me so utterly disappointed and po'd with him. He's allowed a few folks to "resign" I think and allowed somebody to go on admin leave for a very short time prior to an already set imminent retirement date, but given all of his "I wasn't aware..." bullshit with regard to some of the actions of folks in his administration, one would think a few heads would roll properly. I mean if it was someone's job in your organization to ensure you knew what was going on and they didn't keep you in the loop, wouldn't you fire them for total failure to achieve the objectives for which they were hired? Since they weren't fired, I can only conclude a few possibilities: he knew and hoped it would never get out or he's a megalomaniac and doesn't think the law applies to him or he didn't know and he's utterly incompetent. None of those is better than the others as far as presidential traits are concerned.
hokie80 wrote:Just curious - can anyone recall Obama ever having someone fired during his numerous failures? The IRS targeting? Benghazi? Healthcare rollout? Fast & Furious?

Anyone?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Christy speaks candidly, like he has nothing to hide. Not necessarily eloquently but candidly and honestly. Assuming he is telling the truth of course.

More conversation than presentation.

Obama speaks like he has everything to hide. Programed, calculated, and aloof.

Anyone?
Last edited by oaktonhokie on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

Anyone?
http://mobile.usnews.com/news/articles/ ... of-scandal
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact- ... _blog.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

Uprising wrote:http://mobile.usnews.com/news/articles/ ... of-scandal

Nope:
Clicky here

From your own link at the bottom:
UPDATE, Sept. 11, 2013: While we were on August break, the State Department suddenly announced that the four State Department officials had been returned to active duty and would face no further disciplinary action. This development only recently came to our attention, or else we would have updated this column earlier. Paul turns out to have been entirely correct, and so he earns a coveted Geppetto Checkmark

In the case of Miller, Meh, his position ended in less than a month so whether he was "fired or resigned is a small whoop.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

If those "firings" were really firings, our president would have played them up as examples of his take charge attitude, his no nonsense style, his commitment to honest government.

Some people were allowed to resign (how do you ALLOW someone to resign) or were transferred or whatever.

This is a weak president. Duh.

And I submit that one reason that politicians don't often fire scoundrels in their administration, is that these scoundrels have "pictures" of the boss. Fire me and i'll go public.

In a truly ethical administration, the boss has no need to fear scoundrels. Christy looked VERY good today. Assuming he told the truth.

Especially when compared to the marxxist.

Major Kong wrote:

Nope:
Clicky here

UPDATE, Sept. 11, 2013: While we were on August break, the State Department suddenly announced that the four State Department officials had been returned to active duty and would face no further disciplinary action. This development only recently came to our attention, or else we would have updated this column earlier. Paul turns out to have been entirely correct, and so he earns a coveted Geppetto Checkmark

In the case of Miller, Meh, his position ended in less than a month so whether he was "fired or resigned is a small whoop.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

Major Kong wrote:

Nope:
Clicky here

He could have/should have fired the incoming chief?

He can't really fire people unless they commit crimes. At least that is what I gathered from the second link.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Uprising wrote:He could have/should have fired the incoming chief?

Waht? What does the incoming chief have to do with Miller resigning?

He can't really fire people unless they commit crimes. At least that is what I gathered from the second link.

Then why link it as an example of the POTUS firing someone?

Uprising

Post by Uprising »

oaktonhokie wrote:If those "firings" were really firings, our president would have played them up as examples of his take charge attitude, his no nonsense style, his commitment to honest government.

Some people were allowed to resign (how do you ALLOW someone to resign) or were transferred or whatever.

This is a weak president. Duh.

And I submit that one reason that politicians don't often fire scoundrels in their administration, is that these scoundrels have "pictures" of the boss. Fire me and i'll go public.

In a truly ethical administration, the boss has no need to fear scoundrels. Christy looked VERY good today. Assuming he told the truth.

Especially when compared to the marxxist.

Major Kong wrote:

Nope:
Clicky here

He looked "VERY good" when he said this:
What I was told was that it was a traffic study, and there was no evidence to the contrary until yesterday
Even when this was out on December 9?
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/09/ ... -closures/

He wasn't being aloof?
I don’t know if this was a traffic study that morphed into a political vendetta or a political vendetta that morphed into a traffic study
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

Major Kong wrote:
Uprising wrote:He could have/should have fired the incoming chief?

Waht? What does the incoming chief have to do with Miller resigning?

Then why link it as an example of the POTUS firing someone?

I was being facetious.

Only to show that it is not as easy for the President to fire someone as it may appear on the surface.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Anyone?
Not sure it counts, but the broad who had the email aliases to avoid reporting requirements was canned, I thinnk.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Uprising wrote:I was being facetious.

Only to show that it is not as easy for the President to fire someone as it may appear on the surface.

Riiiiiiiight. :mrgreen:

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:Not sure it counts, but the broad who had the email aliases to avoid reporting requirements was canned, I thinnk.
Lisa Jackson? She resigned and the poor thing went to work for Apple. :D