I think the jersey fat man REALLY helped himself today.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

I think the jersey fat man REALLY helped himself today.

Post by oaktonhokie »

He looked in command, in charge. He took responsibility. He apologized. He admitted he was wrong.

Compare that to our warrior king's lame "explanations" and finger pointing.

The closest the marxxist has come to accepting responsibility was saying something like, "The buck stops with me. We (WE) are responsible."

I have always liked and agreed with the statement, "Never let a crisis go to waste." Not that one should manufacture a crisis, or ignore the human toll of a crisis, but I have always said that you take the measure of a man by how he reacts when things are cruddy. Everyone is good when everything is good.

But you show your mettle when you handle a crisis.

He was excellent. And while I did not see the last forty minutes of it, what I saw was a tour de force in crisis management. He apologized and said he was going to personally go to the mayor and others impacted by what his staff did, and apologize personally.

He was abe Lincoln, firing mclellan (I think) for incompetence.
He was patton, slapping a weakling.
He was a big time ceo (Romney?), cleaning house of people not performing up to the high standards he set.

He was brilliant.

Especially, when contrasted with the limp duck we have in the white house. The contrast is staggering.

He could not have paid for an opportunity this rich. And when it came up, he hit it out of the park.

All this assumes of course, that he told the truth. He was unequivocal in his denials. He has no wiggle room. Like wild bill Clinton and ryan braun.

If he lied, he's fried.
If he was honest, he just helped himself immeasurably.

I am no fan of his politics, but he performance today was fabulous.

It'll be interesting to see how the media plays this, given that he's an R and they want Hillary to be the next prez.
Last edited by oaktonhokie on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: I think the jersey fat man REALLY helped himself today.

Post by USN_Hokie »

He has a refreshing style of politics, but (like Palin, for instance) that's also his greatest weakness.

I remember reading a story about John Edwards - he was going to a campaign event and noticed the label INSIDE his sport coat said "Made in Italy." He made one of his staffers cut the "Made in USA" label out of his own sport coat and stitch it into Edward's jacket - this is the level of kabuki theater required to win over the idiots watching the nightly news and dancing with the stars moderates.

ETA: In case nobody believed me.....
Edwards, who wore expensive Italian suits, had panicked prior to a debate in front of an American union group. The label inside his jacket read “Made in Italy.” Sensing he might be about to step in a political cow pie if one of the unionists inquired, he asked Young about the label inside his own suit jacket. Young’s read “Made in the USA.” Edwards ordered Young to immediately take both jackets to a tailor and switch the labels. Later Edwards played back a videotape of the debate and complained to Young about how his suit appeared to be wrinkled where the labels had undergone the old switcheroo.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -spin.html
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:He looked in command, in charge. He took responsibility. He apologized. He admitted he was wrong.

The closest the marxxist has come to accepting responsibility was saying something like, "The buck stops with me. We (WE) are responsible."

I have always liked and agreed with the statement, "Never let a crisis go to waste." Not that one should manufacture a crisis, or ignore the human toll of a crisis, but I have always said that you take the measure of a man by how he reacts when things are cruddy. Everyone is good when everything is good.

He was excellent. And while I did not see the last forty minutes of it, what I saw was a tour de force in crisis management. He apologized and said he was going to personally go to the mayor and others impacted by what his staff did, and apologize personally.

He was a big time ceo (Romney?), cleaning house of people not performing up to the high standards he set.

He was brilliant.

Especially, when contrasted with the limp duck we have in the white house. The contrast is staggering.

He could not have paid for an opportunity this rich. And when it came up, he hit it out of the park.

All this assumes of course, that he told the truth. He was unequivocal in his denials. He has no wiggle room. Like wild bill Clinton and ryan braun.

If he lied, he's fried.

It'll be interesting to see how the media plays this, give that he's an R and they want Hillary to be the next prez.
Here here oak, the next POTUS, Chris Christie!
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Ahem, "hear, hear."

BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:He looked in command, in charge. He took responsibility. He apologized. He admitted he was wrong.

He was brilliant.

If he lied, he's fried.

It'll be interesting to see how the media plays this, give that he's an R and they want Hillary to be the next prez.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Help me out here, swabbie. Drudge and fox are going on and on about how this is seriously damaging to the fat guy. Limbaugh said that no repubes have come to his aid. No libs or indies either. He is out there by himself.

Cavuto just said his presidential ambitions may be up in smoke.

Do you see it that way?

I am not usually THIS FAR out of step with conservative or non lib media.

Honestly, if he could have requested a "crisis" to manage, he could not have asked for one better than this. Lane closures on a bridge. Done by others (if he's telling the truth) without his knowledge or permission (if he's telling the truth) after which he kicked butt and took names.

Decisive, in charge and results driven.

The only things I can come up with for nonlib media banging him are:

He's an R so he's screwed. The media will kill him.
He sets the tone for those in his administration and is responsible for having his staff act in ways they believed he would approve of. We used to call it "shadow of the leader."

The second of those only applies to republicans.

USN_Hokie wrote:He has a refreshing style of politics, but (like Palin, for instance) that's also his greatest weakness.

I remember reading a story about John Edwards - he was going to a campaign event and noticed the label INSIDE his sport coat said "Made in Italy." He made one of his staffers cut the "Made in USA" label out of his own sport coat and stitch it into Edward's jacket - this is the level of kabuki theater required to win over the idiots watching the nightly news and dancing with the stars moderates.

Edwards, who wore expensive Italian suits, had panicked prior to a debate in front of an American union group. The label inside his jacket read “Made in Italy.” Sensing he might be about to step in a political cow pie if one of the unionists inquired, he asked Young about the label inside his own suit jacket. Young’s read “Made in the USA.” Edwards ordered Young to immediately take both jackets to a tailor and switch the labels. Later Edwards played back a videotape of the debate and complained to Young about how his suit appeared to be wrinkled where the labels had undergone the old switcheroo.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Help me out here, swabbie. Drudge and fox are going on and on about how this is seriously damaging to the fat guy. Limbaugh said that no repubes have come to his aid. No libs or indies either. He is out there by himself.

Do you see it that way?

Honestly, if he could have requested a "crisis" to manage, he could not have asked for one better than this. Lane closures on a bridge. Done by others (if he's telling the truth) without his knowledge or permission (if he's telling the truth) after which he kicked butt and took names.

He sets the tone for those in his administration and is responsible for having his staff act in ways they believed he would approve of. We used to call it "shadow of the leader."

USN_Hokie wrote:He has a refreshing style of politics, but (like Palin, for instance) that's also his greatest weakness.

I haven't been following the news that closely in the last few days, but this is exactly the sort of stupid crap which gets spun into a huge media circus (remember how we had to talk about nothing but "binders full of women" for two weeks?).

Like I said - I find Christie's attitude refreshing, but I don't like the man at all, personally. Anyone who thinks he would win the presidency is being set up, IMO. He's not viable, and he's not conservative.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

If he's not viable, if he has no chance, the media should be lauding his performance. Let him get bigger, politically. The lib media would want to push a loser of a candidate now. Build him up now, bring him down later.

Does the media think he's viable.

And ftr, I am not sure that he is NOT viable. At this time I cannot see myself voting for him - subject to change - but that doesn't mean he won't get the nomination.

USN_Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Help me out here, swabbie. Drudge and fox are going on and on about how this is seriously damaging to the fat guy. Limbaugh said that no repubes have come to his aid. No libs or indies either. He is out there by himself.

Do you see it that way?

I haven't been following the news that closely in the last few days, but this is exactly the sort of stupid crap which gets spun into a huge media circus (remember how we had to talk about nothing but "binders full of women" for two weeks?).

Like I said - I find Christie's attitude refreshing, but I don't like the man at all, personally. Anyone who thinks he would win the presidency is being set up, IMO. He's not viable, and he's not conservative.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

For all intensive purposes, I was correct.
oaktonhokie wrote:Ahem, "hear, hear."

BG Hokie wrote:

He was brilliant.

If he lied, he's fried.