So, tell me. Why is wealth inequality a bad thing?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Re: So, tell me. Why is wealth inequality a bad thing?

Post by VoiceOfReason »

133743Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:No...they...don't.

The number is essentially zero. Only a fractional percent, and off those most are by choice.
Source please? Are you one of those people on here who claim that the visible homeless in urban cities live there by choice?
Try Google. Plenty of data and reports out there over the years. I'm not your research girl.

And no, I don't think ALL of the visible homeless in urban cities live there by choice, only some of them. But in the grand scheme of 320 million people, the ones that are not there by choice and have no other options are just statistical white noise. Sounds harsh, but it's reality.

We can't help every single person. It's just an impossible task and one that would bankrupt the country. Congress needs to be smart stewards of our money (and they aren't doing a very good job of it).
So you cannot defend your statement. I figured.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:No...they...don't.

The number is essentially zero. Only a fractional percent, and off those most are by choice.
Source please? Are you one of those people on here who claim that the visible homeless in urban cities live there by choice?
Try Google. Plenty of data and reports out there over the years. I'm not your research girl.

And no, I don't think ALL of the visible homeless in urban cities live there by choice, only some of them. But in the grand scheme of 320 million people, the ones that are not there by choice and have no other options are just statistical white noise. Sounds harsh, but it's reality.

We can't help every single person. It's just an impossible task and one that would bankrupt the country. Congress needs to be smart stewards of our money (and they aren't doing a very good job of it).
So you cannot defend your statement. I figured.
Actually it just shows how lazy and uninterested in facts you actually are.
SuwaneeTim820
Party: Independent

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

hokie80 wrote:As expected. Dodge, duck and deflect.

No wonder you don't litigate and focus on document law. You couldn't handle a courtroom that required actual arguments.
That's not very nice.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
hokie80 wrote:As expected. Dodge, duck and deflect.

No wonder you don't litigate and focus on document law. You couldn't handle a courtroom that required actual arguments.
That's not very nice.
Getting some trolling in?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
SuwaneeTim820
Party: Independent

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:Then why did the DC government announce they were rounding up the homeless two nights ago in preparation for the storm? Must have been a quick exercise since homeless don't exist.

Yes, there is a good deal of public assistance and private charities attending to the poor. And by the way, the private charities are run by MANY liberal leaning groups as well as Christian conservatives. I will assume it was an oversight on your part, rather than some holier-than-thou attitude towards liberals :mrgreen:
Again with the reading comprehension issues. Reread what I wrote for comprehension.

Liberal charities are far out numbered by conservative and religious ones. No oversight, just the way it is. It's even worse when you take away the charities devoted to killing babies.

the idea that religious charities are lumped in conservative ones is nonsense. they are largely non-partisan and if anything, lean a little to the left.
I suppose that would depend on whether they concentrate their efforts on helping the needy or social issues like abortion and gay marriage. I know there are boat loads of them that focus on the former.
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

I think if you provide something that the public at large freely values at $1 Trillion and decides to give you a trillion for that product I'm cool with that.

The only place I might play devils advocate is that once you have someone with a trillion in their account what kind of power can they buy from the govt?
Hokie5150 wrote:Provided that wealth is created/obtained legally, where is the harm if one is super wealthy and another is not?
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

That's more of an argument against a large and powerful government than it is against someone who's legitimately accumulated wealth.
HokieDan95 wrote:I think if you provide something that the public at large freely values at $1 Trillion and decides to give you a trillion for that product I'm cool with that.

The only place I might play devils advocate is that once you have someone with a trillion in their account what kind of power can they buy from the govt?
Hokie5150 wrote:Provided that wealth is created/obtained legally, where is the harm if one is super wealthy and another is not?
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.