Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

You guys will love this, from my train station

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405430784.712811.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405430784.712811.jpg (136.41 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
Because it takes a village to raise the kids you created.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: You guys will love this, from my train station

Post by Florida Hokie »

I'm confused? I'm guessing the point is that the deck is stacked against dads in family courts - this is for legal services right?
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:I'm confused? I'm guessing the point is that the deck is stacked against dads in family courts - this is for legal services right?
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

I read it is you have to be PC and use the least stereotypical person for the job. Like how blacks are never the burglar in ADT commercials. They got a gay dude for child support.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:I'm confused? I'm guessing the point is that the deck is stacked against dads in family courts - this is for legal services right?
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

I thought at first it was very welfare-ish......"Apply for services" and "Need help with child support".

The website looks like a family law version of legalzoom.com

What I could get on my phone....

Child Support (Manuntencion de ninos)
This program will assist you in preparing your legal forms in order to apply for Child Support Services. Includes establishing paternity, obtaining child and medical support orders, enforcing existing court orders, modifying child support orders, and collecting and distributing child support.

Este programa le asistira a preparar formas legales para aplicar a los servicios de Manuntencion de ninos. Esto incluye establecer la paternindad, obtener ordenes de aseguranza medica y manuntencion, enforsar ordenes existentes, modificar ordenes de manuntencion de ninos.
Available in jurisdictions:
► California next >

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

I read it is you have to be PC and use the least stereotypical person for the job. Like how blacks are never the burglar in ADT commercials. They got a gay dude for child support.
Again - your ability to tie homosexuality to unrelated topics knows no bounds.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

Ha!

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

it's not unrelated, look at the guy. He looks like a flamer, like kids are the last thing he'd be worried about.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

it's not unrelated, look at the guy. He looks like a flamer, like kids are the last thing he'd be worried about.
Mmmmkay.

Does it ever concern you that the first thing that you think about when you look at a story or picture is "What is gay about that?"
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

Mmmmkay.

Does it ever concern you that the first thing that you think about when you look at a story or picture is "What is gay about that?"
let's so, no because it's not the first think that I think about. Does it concern you how you enjoy burning down the strawmen you create for others?
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:let's so, no because it's not the first think that I think about. Does it concern you how you enjoy burning down the strawmen you create for others?
You commented on a poster about child support legal services. The photo was of a man holding hands with a little boy. With absolutely NO evidence whatsoever, you assumed the man to be gay. There is nothing about his clothes or style or anything that would suggest as much. He is in San Francisco so I guess that's something. Regardless, taking that observation, along with the fact that you, without question, bring homosexuality into more topics on this board than anyone, means that I did not create a strawman. Perhaps "What is gay about this?" isn't the FIRST question that comes to your mind but, more often than not, it pops up at some point.

It's intriguing.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:let's so, no because it's not the first think that I think about. Does it concern you how you enjoy burning down the strawmen you create for others?
You commented on a poster about child support legal services. The photo was of a man holding hands with a little boy. With absolutely NO evidence whatsoever, you assumed the man to be gay. There is nothing about his clothes or style or anything that would suggest as much. He is in San Francisco so I guess that's something. Regardless, taking that observation, along with the fact that you, without question, bring homosexuality into more topics on this board than anyone, means that I did not create a strawman. Perhaps "What is gay about this?" isn't the FIRST question that comes to your mind but, more often than not, it pops up at some point.

It's intriguing.

let's see. My first comment was of him being the opposite of someone you'd expect to need to child services. You know, because women are the stereotype of tracking down deadbeats and getting on the public dole. I then went on to say he even looks gay, being even further from the stereotype because they can't reproduce. And yeah, from being in SF, the douchebag hair and dressed up casual attire. I just stated what's there, that's not a problem with me.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

It's intriguing.

let's see. My first comment was of him being the opposite of someone you'd expect to need to child services. You know, because women are the stereotype of tracking down deadbeats and getting on the public dole. I then went on to say he even looks gay, being even further from the stereotype because they can't reproduce. And yeah, from being in SF, the douchebag hair and dressed up casual attire. I just stated what's there, that's not a problem with me.
Riiiiight.

"I read it is you have to be PC and use the least stereotypical person for the job. Like how blacks are never the burglar in ADT commercials. They got a gay dude for child support."
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

I thought at first it was very welfare-ish......"Apply for services" and "Need help with child support".

This program will assist you in preparing your legal forms in order to apply for Child Support Services. Includes establishing paternity, obtaining child and medical support orders, enforcing existing court orders, modifying child support orders, and collecting and distributing child support.

Este programa le asistira a preparar formas legales para aplicar a los servicios de Manuntencion de ninos. Esto incluye establecer la paternindad, obtener ordenes de aseguranza medica y manuntencion, enforsar ordenes existentes, modificar ordenes de manuntencion de ninos.
► California next >

They do appear to be a legalzoom type entity that apparently has the cooperation of certain jurisdictions. I have no problem with the concept if my understanding is correct, but if they are a for-profit entity, their status should be more clearly delineated. Their status should be more clearly delineated in any event.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

► California next >

They do appear to be a legalzoom type entity that apparently has the cooperation of certain jurisdictions. I have no problem with the concept if my understanding is correct, but if they are a for-profit entity, their status should be more clearly delineated. Their status should be more clearly delineated in any event.
No confusion. It's obviously a service for gay men.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

Call me crazy but I saw two models. One depicting a father and one depicting his child.

How anyome got "ghey" out of this is beyond rational thinking.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

hokie80 wrote:Call me crazy but I saw two models. One depicting a father and one depicting his child.

I didn't make that connection either. Women pay child support as well.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
hokie80 wrote:Call me crazy but I saw two models. One depicting a father and one depicting his child.

How many women pay child support? The numbers are overwhelmingly male. Females lose custody because they goof up, like having drug or promiscuity problems. Males lose custody by default. Of course this changes when the kids hit an age of consent and get to pick their primary custodian, whichever one is the biggest pushover usually.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:How many women pay child support? The numbers are overwhelmingly male. Females lose custody because they goof up, like having drug or promiscuity problems. Males lose custody by default. Of course this changes when the kids hit an age of consent and get to pick their primary custodian, whichever one is the biggest pushover usually.
That's the point of the poster. It's targeting Dad's that are getting screwed by the system.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:How many women pay child support? The numbers are overwhelmingly male. Females lose custody because they goof up, like having drug or promiscuity problems. Males lose custody by default. Of course this changes when the kids hit an age of consent and get to pick their primary custodian, whichever one is the biggest pushover usually.
That's the point of the poster. It's targeting Dad's that are getting screwed by the system.

That's your hypothesis. Mine is they're being politically correct. Like the example I used of security systems never showing black burglars because then Jesse and company will claim racial profiling.

Just take a step back, the number of men needing help with deadbeats is a fraction of the number of women needing the same service. Men are more likely to get screwed on the other end, where their child support is pegged to an income they no longer make or at levels they really can't afford.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Men are more likely to get screwed on the other end, where their child support is pegged to an income they no longer make or at levels they really can't afford.
THAT'S THE POINT OF THE POSTER!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Men are more likely to get screwed on the other end, where their child support is pegged to an income they no longer make or at levels they really can't afford.

I don't think so, the male has the child, showing custody. They would be a putt-putt or one of the other places the Dad's "every other weekend" take their kids.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

How many women pay child support? The numbers are overwhelmingly male. Females lose custody because they goof up, like having drug or promiscuity problems. Males lose custody by default. Of course this changes when the kids hit an age of consent and get to pick their primary custodian, whichever one is the biggest pushover usually.

Probably 70-75% of child support cases have men as payors. The number of women who pay support to men is generally low. However, anytime an aunt, uncle, or grandmother/father has the children, both mother and father have a legal obligation to pay child support.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

I don't think so, the male has the child, showing custody. They would be a putt-putt or one of the other places the Dad's "every other weekend" take their kids.
Right. Because a park is simply everyday stuff compared to "putt-putt."
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

looks like a backyard to me. And the kid isn't showered with guilt gifts either, further supporting the notion of custody.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

looks like a backyard to me. And the kid isn't showered with guilt gifts either, further supporting the notion of custody.
OK - you got me. Clearly you are just fooling around. You can't be this stubbornly myopic in real life. Well done.

PS - If that is someone's backyard, they have more money than they know what to do with.