This should bother you more than it will

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: This should bother you more than it will

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:46 am
HooFighter wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:12 pm Image

And the verdict/judgment will get destroyed on appeal. Believe me when I tell you this hoofight, far worse is yet to come for this country if this is the new legal standard. You should be worried, but I wonder if you have the requisite intellect to abstract the reasons why this is bad.

So here, let me help you out:

Person A said you raped their 5 year old little boy. They have no proof that you raped the little boy, just unsupported allegations.

You say, I don't know this woman or her child and you did not rape her little boy.

The court says: Okay, there is no evidence that you raped a little boy, but, she can sue you for defamation because you said you did not rape her little boy.

Is that the legal system you want?
He WANTS this. I will withhold further comment…..
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Well well. Surprise surprise!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The villain in this story and in this thread

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:43 am
HokieJoe wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:59 am Something familiar about the Kavanaugh hearings thread and this thread...Oh yeah, it's practically the same UWS cast of ignorami arguing for the liar, Blahzy Ford, as those arguing for this bimbo.

This is lawfare. You idiots.
BINGO!

And DC wonders why we don’t see the sarcasm in the other thread…. :lol: :lol:
How are they related Joe?

I don't know whether Trump assaulted Carroll. I'd say it's possible, and that it is something Trump would do. But there also is a high likelihood of the accusation being politically motivated. And either way, $83M is a stupid amount. His wealth shouldn't matter.

I was 100% correct on the Kavanaugh nonsense. The hearing ended by doing exactly what I said Grassley should do as soon as the allegations were made, which was to have the FBI conduct an investigation.
And all the usual UWS mental giants posted over and over again how I was an idiot to even suggest that. Even when the FBI investigation was what ended the hearing, they still kept digging that hole. If the GOP members had taken the UWS braintrust advice, it's possible Kavanaugh would not have been confirmed. It took about 24 hours after the FBI investigation for the hearing to end.

I don't really wonder. There are several UWS posters whose memories aren't fully functioning.
WEHRedux
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Libertarian

Post by WEHRedux »

HokieFanDC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:13 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:59 am Something familiar about the Kavanaugh hearings thread and this thread...Oh yeah, it's practically the same UWS cast of ignorami arguing for the liar, Blahzy Ford, as those arguing for this bimbo.

BINGO!

I don't know whether Trump assaulted Carroll. I'd say it's possible, and that it is something Trump would do. But there also is a high likelihood of the accusation being politically motivated. And either way, $83M is a stupid amount. His wealth shouldn't matter.

I was 100% correct on the Kavanaugh nonsense. The hearing ended by doing exactly what I said Grassley should do as soon as the allegations were made, which was to have the FBI conduct an investigation.
And all the usual UWS mental giants posted over and over again how I was an idiot to even suggest that. Even when the FBI investigation was what ended the hearing, they still kept digging that hole. If the GOP members had taken the UWS braintrust advice, it's possible Kavanaugh would not have been confirmed. It took about 24 hours after the FBI investigation for the hearing to end.

I don't really wonder. There are several UWS posters whose memories aren't fully functioning.
What was your position?
WEHRedux
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Libertarian

Post by WEHRedux »

BINGO!

What was your position?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

WEHRedux wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 pm

BINGO!

What was your position?
Here ya go. This is in response to USN_Hokie making a fool of himself for the millionth time, and mocking me for saying that an FBI investigation would be the quickest way to end the circus.

"I realize it's a worthless exercise to have a rational discussion with you, but I'll give it one more shot.
There are 4 choices here.

1) Do nothing and take a vote.
2) Have a public congressional hearing.
3) Have a private congressional hearing.
4) Have the FBI investigate.

IMO, the goal should be to do whatever it takes to remove any cloud/doubt, which would happen with #1. Obviously, there are ppl on either side that have already made up their minds, based on their political affiliations. They aren't going to change their minds no matter what.

But, there are also lots of ppl that would take the result of an FBI investigation. And the investigation would not take long. You asked the question about what is the "FBI supposed to investigate". The answer is they investigate the same thing every investigative body does with regard to a claim. And they would be doing it with the witnesses under oath, not media statements.
They would dissect the accusation to figure out what are actual facts, and how credible any claims or accusations are. For the accuser, they would ask about the party, who was there, where it was, whether she talked to anyone about the incident, and who, etc., etc.
If all she can come up with is a hazy recollection of where it happened, when it happened, and that she didn't tell anyone, then her story becomes much less believable.
If she has clear recollection, and she actually told someone something that can be corroborated, then it has more credibility. But, an FBI investigation isn't meaningless.

And for #s 2 and 3, anything involving Congress is nothing but a circus. Certainly, if it's a public hearing, it's going to be full of grandstanding nonsense. That would probably happen in a private hearing also, but to a lesser degree. Either way, Congress isn't trained to do what the FBI is, with regard to figuring out what is truth, and not.

My guess is that Kavanaugh is innocent and the best way to figure that out is having the FBI do what they're good at."
viewtopic.php?p=236620#p236620
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Sham. All of it.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm

BINGO!

What was your position?
Here ya go. This is in response to USN_Hokie making a fool of himself for the millionth time, and mocking me for saying that an FBI investigation would be the quickest way to end the circus.

"I realize it's a worthless exercise to have a rational discussion with you, but I'll give it one more shot.

IMO, the goal should be to do whatever it takes to remove any cloud/doubt, which would happen with #1. Obviously, there are ppl on either side that have already made up their minds, based on their political affiliations. They aren't going to change their minds no matter what.

But, there are also lots of ppl that would take the result of an FBI investigation. And the investigation would not take long. You asked the question about what is the "FBI supposed to investigate". The answer is they investigate the same thing every investigative body does with regard to a claim. And they would be doing it with the witnesses under oath, not media statements.
They would dissect the accusation to figure out what are actual facts, and how credible any claims or accusations are. For the accuser, they would ask about the party, who was there, where it was, whether she talked to anyone about the incident, and who, etc., etc.
If all she can come up with is a hazy recollection of where it happened, when it happened, and that she didn't tell anyone, then her story becomes much less believable.
If she has clear recollection, and she actually told someone something that can be corroborated, then it has more credibility. But, an FBI investigation isn't meaningless.

And for #s 2 and 3, anything involving Congress is nothing but a circus. Certainly, if it's a public hearing, it's going to be full of grandstanding nonsense. That would probably happen in a private hearing also, but to a lesser degree. Either way, Congress isn't trained to do what the FBI is, with regard to figuring out what is truth, and not.

My guess is that Kavanaugh is innocent and the best way to figure that out is having the FBI do what they're good at."

I can see your point, but it is entirely based on the presumption of an honest FBI.

Today’s DOJ/FBI/CIA are nothing but a spook division working for democrat party interests with an “..at whatever cost..” mindset.

Period.

As such, an FBI investigation (as the bureau stands today) would have had only one possible outcome.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:36 pm
HokieFanDC wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:51 pm

BINGO!

What was your position?

I can see your point, but it is entirely based on the presumption of an honest FBI.

Today’s DOJ/FBI/CIA are nothing but a spook division working for democrat party interests with an “..at whatever cost..” mindset.

Period.

As such, an FBI investigation (as the bureau stands today) would have had only one possible outcome.
What?

The FBI did an investigation, and their findings were the sole reason that Kavanaugh was confirmed. That was the outcome.
I don't need to guess, we have the actual result, exactly as I predicted, and despite the pushback from a whole slew of UWS posters who were simply wrong, over and over again.

Like this one.
viewtopic.php?p=236594#p236594

"Uh...no.

The FBI has no role here & should be kept away.
It is a corrupted org, anyway, and needs to be torn down top to bottom and rebuilt."

To be fair, your opposition to my theory was tame compared to USN, AG, Numbers, cwtr, etc. They were way off the reservation and completely clueless about how the FBI works.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:47 pm What?

The FBI did an investigation, and their findings were the sole reason that Kavanaugh was confirmed. That was the outcome.
I don't need to guess, we have the actual result, exactly as I predicted, and despite the pushback from a whole slew of UWS posters who were simply wrong, over and over again.

Like this one.

"Uh...no.

It is a corrupted org, anyway, and needs to be torn down top to bottom and rebuilt."

To be fair, your opposition to my theory was tame compared to USN, AG, Numbers, cwtr, etc. They were way off the reservation and completely clueless about how the FBI works.
how the FBI works?

I covered that above. The FBI is completely broken. Completely.

Sole reason? Yeah... uhhh....no.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -documents
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:20 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:47 pm What?

Like this one.

"Uh...no.

how the FBI works?

I covered that above. The FBI is completely broken. Completely.

Sole reason? Yeah... uhhh....no.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -documents
IMO, yeh, the sole reason. The confirmation hearings were going poorly for the GOP and the Dems were playing dirty.
It took the report from the FBI saying there was no corroboration of the allegations against Kavanaugh, for the Pubs to get the votes to confirm. Absent FBI investigation, it's not clear that confirmation would have occurred.
But we do know that the report from the FBI led to people changing their vote from nay to yay. What else do you think led to the switch in votes?

Not sure what you think you "covered", but your claim about the FBI was simply wrong. The FBI did exactly what they should have done, and did it in the right manner. That's a long way from completely broken.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:43 am
I doubt a rape victim (or a sexual assault victim) would go on a political show after winning a monstrous verdict.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:12 am
HokieHam wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:43 am
I doubt a rape victim (or a sexual assault victim) would go on a political show after winning a monstrous verdict.
This will be the theme until November. DrumpF! is a rapist, racist and……literally Hitler.

Stephanopolis is a POS.
Rep. Nancy Mace bashes ABC anchor for rape-shaming her over Trump support in fiery interview
https://nypost.com/2024/03/10/us-news/ ... ign=nypost