This should bother you more than it will

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: This should bother you more than it will

Post by HokieHam »

8 Reasons Why E. Jean Carroll Won Her Sexual Abuse and Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump
It is not hard to see why the jury concluded that the incident she described probably happened.
Fifth, Trump did himself no favors during a deposition in which Carroll's lead lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, asked him about those remarks. "Well, historically that's true with stars," he said. "It's true with stars that they can grab women by the pussy?" Kaplan asked. "If you look over the last million years," Trump replied, "I guess that's been largely true, not always, but largely true—unfortunately or fortunately." When Kaplan asked if Trump considered himself "a star," he said, "I think you can say that, yeah."

Sixth, Trump insisted that he did not know Carroll, despite photographic evidence that they had met, and his denial of her charges hinged largely on his claim that "she's not my type"—as if he could imagine behaving as Carroll claimed he had with a woman he found more attractive. Kaplan noted that when she showed Trump a picture of Carroll greeting him at a social event in the 1980s, he mistook her for Marla Maples, his second wife. "The truth is that E. Jean Carroll, a former cheerleader and Miss Indiana, was exactly Donald Trump's type," Kaplan told the jury.
His own big mouth did him in.

https://reason.com/2023/05/10/8-reason ... nst-trump/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Diogenes
Alma Mater: VPI BS other esteemed institutions MS PhD
Party: Independent

Post by Diogenes »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:06 pm
Diogenes wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:03 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:59 pm
Diogenes wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:56 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:45 pm
Diogenes wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:32 pm

7th Amendment
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

I guess our Constitution is now 'pick your own adventure' if you're MAGA (looking at Rubio and Tuberville statements)?
By this logic, ignore the Seventh Amendment and hug the Second. If this is true I guess some states should be able to do the reverse.

BTW, only 2 jurors on the jury were from NYC counties.
And?

It is as if you raise a point no one else does (“pick your own..”), and then criticize that point which has not been advanced (“by this logic…”).
Explain or define 'Assymetric'

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/asymmetrical
Thanks Noah. You did not put it into context in this case. A civil suit was filed using applicable NYS law.
Yep

(?Noah?) :?: :?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Webster
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.
A. Pope
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

HokieHam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:22 pm
8 Reasons Why E. Jean Carroll Won Her Sexual Abuse and Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump
It is not hard to see why the jury concluded that the incident she described probably happened.
Fifth, Trump did himself no favors during a deposition in which Carroll's lead lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, asked him about those remarks. "Well, historically that's true with stars," he said. "It's true with stars that they can grab women by the pussy?" Kaplan asked. "If you look over the last million years," Trump replied, "I guess that's been largely true, not always, but largely true—unfortunately or fortunately." When Kaplan asked if Trump considered himself "a star," he said, "I think you can say that, yeah."

Sixth, Trump insisted that he did not know Carroll, despite photographic evidence that they had met, and his denial of her charges hinged largely on his claim that "she's not my type"—as if he could imagine behaving as Carroll claimed he had with a woman he found more attractive. Kaplan noted that when she showed Trump a picture of Carroll greeting him at a social event in the 1980s, he mistook her for Marla Maples, his second wife. "The truth is that E. Jean Carroll, a former cheerleader and Miss Indiana, was exactly Donald Trump's type," Kaplan told the jury.

There never would have been a trial at all if he hadn't shot off his big stupid mouth.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

HvilleHokie wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:22 pm

His own big mouth tiny dick did him in.

There never would have been a trial at all if he hadn't shot off his big stupid mouth raped a woman.
FTFY

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

There never would have been a trial at all if he hadn't shot off his big stupid mouth.
He can’t help himself……I’ve never seen anything like it……he’d probably still be Preezy if he could control his pie hole.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:35 pm

There never would have been a trial at all if he hadn't shot off his big stupid mouth raped a woman.
FTFY
Which is it? Your head must be spinning.
Attachments
686066FE-CAB3-4E83-9FF1-21080A166E87.jpeg
686066FE-CAB3-4E83-9FF1-21080A166E87.jpeg (307.68 KiB) Viewed 494 times

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:01 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:53 pm Yep, what hville said. Yep, eyeroll emojis, well-deserved.

What was your comment about asymmetrical justice referring to?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
And yet, you still haven't answered the question.

"What was your comment about asymmetrical justice referring to?"

What about this case shows two sets of laws? What did the judge do that he shouldn't have done?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:22 pm
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:53 pm Yep, what hville said. Yep, eyeroll emojis, well-deserved.

What about this case shows two sets of laws? What did the judge do that he shouldn't have done?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I have answered the question. Hundreds of times here. You guys are just being obtuse cheerleaders.
Yay! They got that bAd oRaNGeMaN~!

Look. I don't care if the man did something wrong and is found guilty. But let's apply this stuff equally, to all. Not selectively because the man wears too-long ties and has a comb over and mean tweets.

What about this case doesn't show that there are two sets of laws?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:34 pm

I have answered the question. Hundreds of times here. You guys are just being obtuse cheerleaders.

Look. I don't care if the man did something wrong and is found guilty. But let's apply this stuff equally, to all. Not selectively because the man wears too-long ties and has a comb over and mean tweets.

You haven't answered anything about this case.
You simply made a broad statement about asymmetric justice.
I asked you what about this case was specifically different than similar cases.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:51 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

How about you come up with several cases involving a president, 30 year old rape claims, based on a TV show, and discharged before, and I will compare them to this one. Just the similar ones though, okay?
:roll:
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:56 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

How about you come up with several cases involving a president, 30 year old rape claims, based on a TV show, and discharged before, and I will compare them to this one. Just the similar ones though, okay?
I'm not the one that made a comment about this trial being asymmetrc application of justice.

You don't have an example. No big deal.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

FTFY

Who did he rape?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

There is no case here. At all.

Wussia, Wussia, Wussia
Yoookrayne quad quim pro
POTUS is a Wussian agent
Pee tapes
Kavanaugh
The list goes on...

All f'ing lies. We get it though. You don't care.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:41 pm

FTFY

Who did he rape?
It’s her word against his and she’s as credible as Ballsey Ford was……unfortunately, he’s not very credible either. Do I think this happened……nope.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:49 pm

Wussia, Wussia, Wussia
Yoookrayne quad quim pro
POTUS is a Wussian agent
Pee tapes
Kavanaugh
The list goes on...

You're as deluded and programmed as the Russia/Pee tape/Kavanaugh is a rapist crowd.
Your also completely FOS Joe.

With the exception that I think that Trump's Ukraine call was piss poor politics, I don’t think any of the things you listed are true.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:00 pm

FTFY

Who did he rape?
It’s her word against his and she’s as credible as Ballsey Ford was……unfortunately, he’s not very credible either. Do I think this happened……nope.
You can't see how a philandering, misogynistic, narcissistic dope like Trump would sexually assault a young woman?

It's pretty much exactly what you would think he would be like. He doesn't even deny that he would do that, saying it may be fortunate that stars can do things that non-famous people couldn't do.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:05 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

I'm not the one that made a comment about this trial being asymmetrc application of justice.

Do you have an example of another "similar case" (your words)?
You don't. No big deal.

This trial is an example of asymmetric application of justice.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:49 pm

Wussia, Wussia, Wussia
Yoookrayne quad quim pro
POTUS is a Wussian agent
Pee tapes
Kavanaugh
The list goes on...

...add Hillary!, never convicted.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

FTFY

Who did he rape?
Not this woman. Maybe someone at another time, another place. This one? Most highly unlikely.

But hey, Joe. They got their bAd oRaNgEmAn~! Let them have this; it is all that matters. :lol:
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:20 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

You don't. No big deal.

I am sure there have been many civil jury trials where a guilty verdict of sexual assault was the result.....

Here's another famous guy, losing a civil suit on sexual assault. I mean, it's not exactly the same, because they actually found him guilty of rape, in addition to sexual assault.

https://www.abc7chicago.com/amp/harvey- ... /12801274/

You keep repeating the same thing with nothing to back up your claim.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:36 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

You don't. No big deal.

I am sure there have been many civil jury trials where a guilty verdict of sexual assault was the result.....

Here's another famous guy, losing a civil suit on sexual assault. I mean, it's not exactly the same, because they actually found him guilty of rape, in addition to sexual assault.

You keep coming up w/ nothing and are going in circles in this thread.
Weinstein's wasn't a similar case. At all.

But keep digging.
Parse away, DC. Parse away.
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:39 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

You don't. No big deal.

But keep digging.

You have lost your mind. Your the one who made a claim that you can't explain or back up.

You said, "our asymmetrical system of justice will be our undoing. "

I asked what about this trial was asymmetrical.

You haven't/can't answered that question. I'm pretty sure you can't.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Oh good grief, DC.

You don't. No big deal.

But keep digging.
You are criticizing someone for parsing after this?

viewtopic.php?p=367651#p367651
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:35 am

Oh good grief, DC.

You don't. No big deal.

But keep digging.
You are criticizing someone for parsing after this?

viewtopic.php?p=367651#p367651
Several of you (yes, you too) were assuming I had a problem with the verdict.

I have a problem with the asymmetric application of justice. I've clarified this many times now.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:51 pm

Oh good grief, DC.

You don't. No big deal.

But keep digging.

You have lost your mind. Your the one who made a claim that you can't explain or back up.

You said, "our asymmetrical system of justice will be our undoing. "

I asked what about this trial was asymmetrical.

You haven't/can't answered that question. I'm pretty sure you can't.
Several of you (yes, you too) were assuming I had a problem with the verdict.

I have a problem with the asymmetric application of justice. I've clarified this many times now.
Salute the Marines