Christie allegedly knew about lane closings

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Christie allegedly knew about lane closings

Post by nolanvt »

This shouldn't be the reason he doesn't become President, but this guy is a ticking time bomb.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyreg ... ml?hp&_r=0
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Christie allegedly knew about lane closings

Post by BigDave »

nolanvt wrote:This shouldn't be the reason he doesn't become President, but this guy is a ticking time bomb.

Only the liberals were ever obsessed with Christie. Conservatives never wanted him to be President to begin with.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
VoiceOfReason
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

BigDave wrote:
nolanvt wrote:This shouldn't be the reason he doesn't become President, but this guy is a ticking time bomb.

Only the liberals were ever obsessed with Christie. Conservatives never wanted him to be President to begin with.
True. That's what liberals like about you guys... :mrgreen:
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
BigDave wrote:

you have to figure a person more closely aligned with your beliefs is going to be repulsive to the rest of the nation.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
BigDave wrote:

you have to figure a person more closely aligned with your beliefs is going to be repulsive to the rest of the nation.
The people more closely aligned to my beliefs have been winning national elections on a consistent basis. It is not my beliefs that repulses the majority of the nation. :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
BigDave wrote:

The people more closely aligned to my beliefs have been winning national elections on a consistent basis. It is not my beliefs that repulses the majority of the nation. :mrgreen:
False
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

You mean he could have a heart attack at any time?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:

You mean he could have a heart attack at any time?
That, his in-your-face Jersey attitude, his volatility, etc. When he made the convention speech about himself, that said a lot about him.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Ya know I've never been a fan of CC...to tell ya the truth there isn't a front runner out there right now that gives me a warm and fuzzy.

Hillary Clinton? Nope
Uncle Joe Biden? Nope
Bobby Jindel? Nope
Rand Paul? Meh
Sarah Palin? Hellsbells no
Jeb Bush? Nyet
Mark Warner? No
Howard Dean? Yeehaw hell no
Andrew Cuomo? Geez just knee me in nutz
Mike Huckabee? Nope
Ted Cruz? maaaaaaaaybe
Rick Perry? No
Paul Ryan? Not really
Martin O'Malley? No
Brian Scheitzer? interesting
Scott Walker? interesting
Marco Rubio? Nah
Mike Pence? interesting

I get the feeling that for the next POTUS we'll be going back to a successful governor or former governor but I don't have a clue as to whom that may be.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I don't like Christie, but I have no clue why this is fricking news.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

So some people sat in traffic for a couple of hours. It ain't like he set the IRS on em! The whole bottom line of this "scandal" is there was a traffic jam in New Jersey. You know what? There is ALWAYS a traffic jam in New Jersey.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Hokie CPA wrote: So some people sat in traffic for a couple of hours. It ain't like he set the IRS on em! The whole bottom line of this "scandal" is there was a traffic jam in New Jersey. You know what? There is ALWAYS a traffic jam in New Jersey.
Umm... if you cannot understand why the revelation of an elected official using his power to intentionally harm innocent people in politically motivated revenge... and how that revelation may be significant in deciding whether said person should be considered for higher office... I really question the accountability you expect from your elected leaders.

I had nothing against CC. Prior to all this... I figured he was the most electable R in the field and I felt he should be given a shot to take his bi-partisan appeal to a higher level. So I was not hater...
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote: So some people sat in traffic for a couple of hours. It ain't like he set the IRS on em! The whole bottom line of this "scandal" is there was a traffic jam in New Jersey. You know what? There is ALWAYS a traffic jam in New Jersey.
Umm... if you cannot understand why the revelation of an elected official using his power to intentionally harm innocent people in politically motivated revenge... and how that revelation may be significant in deciding whether said person should be considered for higher office... I really question the accountability you expect from your elected leaders.

I had nothing against CC. Prior to all this... I figured he was the most electable R in the field and I felt he should be given a shot to take his bi-partisan appeal to a higher level. So I was not hater...
I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not voting for Christie. But I think withholding help from an ambassador and support staff under siege in the Benghazi Consulate is INFINITELY WORSE than getting some underlings to cause a traffic jam in which NOBODY WAS HARMED in any way. Considering what our Fuhrer has done and how many people he has allowed to DIE through his action, or lack thereof, Christie's alleged transgressions are pretty frickin' harmless. It's all about perspective.
Last edited by Hokie CPA on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Hokie CPA wrote:I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not voting for Christie. But I think withholding help from an ambassador and support staff under siege in the Benghazi Consulate is INFINITELY WORSE than getting some underlings to cause a traffic jam in which NOBODY WAS HARMED in any way. Considering what our Fuhrer has done and how many people he has allowed to DIE through his action, or lack thereof, Christie's alleged transgressions are pretty frickin' harmless.
Agry
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

I mean, if you're not going to hold the President accountable for Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Drone Strikes on Civilians, The IRS, Rewriting the ACA without Congress... why the Hell should anyone give a rat's ass about a traffic jam in New Jersey?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:I mean, if you're not going to hold the President accountable for Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Drone Strikes on Civilians, The IRS, Rewriting the ACA without Congress... why the Hell should anyone give a rat's ass about a traffic jam in New Jersey?
Are you really expecting integrity from an Obamatron? Thier love is unending.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Hokie CPA wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not voting for Christie. But I think withholding help from an ambassador and support staff under siege in the Benghazi Consulate is INFINITELY WORSE than getting some underlings to cause a traffic jam in which NOBODY WAS HARMED in any way. Considering what our Fuhrer has done and how many people he has allowed to DIE through his action, or lack thereof, Christie's alleged transgressions are pretty frickin' harmless. It's all about perspective.
I would too... if that actually happened. But it didn't... except on that un-reality show that is Faux News. So if we are talking about things that did actually happen... we have a traffic jam in New Jersey...
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

I would too... if that actually happened. But it didn't... except on that un-reality show that is Faux News. So if we are talking about things that did actually happen... we have a traffic jam in New Jersey...
OK. So "talking about what actually happened" -- there was a traffic jam in NJ that Christie didn't know about until it happened and he was told. Except on the un-reality "news" shows of MSNMC/NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN.

See how this works?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

Agree. I was visiting the in-laws this weekend and they had the ABC nightly news on.....holy crap the level of attention this is getting. It's un-effing believable. A stupid lane closure.

Obama aside, the huuuge scandals revolving around the two former NJ governors got less attention than this.
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

Well said
Hokie CPA wrote:I mean, if you're not going to hold the President accountable for Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Drone Strikes on Civilians, The IRS, Rewriting the ACA without Congress... why the Hell should anyone give a rat's ass about a traffic jam in New Jersey?
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

133743Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

OK. So "talking about what actually happened" -- there was a traffic jam in NJ that Christie didn't know about until it happened and he was told. Except on the un-reality "news" shows of MSNMC/NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN.

See how this works?
Do you see what you just wrote? If something is reported on EVERY MAJOR NEWS OUTLET... except maybe Faux News... then it almost certainly happened.

If it is reported on Faux News only (or MSNBC only)... then it is probably political bullshit.

Please don't tell me you are too stupid to figure that out for yourself...
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

HokieDan95 wrote:Well said
This whole misdirection of trying to equate the intentional traffic jam with Benghazi or anything else is beside the point.

Sticking to the discussion of Christie, I stick by the statement I made the day after his mea culpa. If he was telling the truth... and he did not know until the day before his mea culpa... then he will be fine politically. If he lied in his mea culpa... how can you ever believe anything he says again?

Kinda simple really...
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
This whole misdirection of trying to equate the intentional traffic jam with Benghazi or anything else is beside the point.

Sticking to the discussion of Christie, I stick by the statement I made the day after his mea culpa. If he was telling the truth... and he did not know until the day before his mea culpa... then he will be fine politically. If he lied in his mea culpa... how can you ever believe anything he says again?

Kinda simple really...
I'm not equating anything. The traffic jam is completely insignificant compared to Benghazi and the other stuff. It's a frickin' traffic jam. Nobody died. You can't say that about Benghazi or Fast & Furious.

As for Christie, I don't really care whether he lied or not. I'm not voting for him regardless.

Kinda simple, really...

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

Kinda simple really...
I'm not equating anything. The traffic jam is completely insignificant compared to Benghazi and the other stuff. It's a frickin' traffic jam. Nobody died. You can't say that about Benghazi or Fast & Furious.

As for Christie, I don't really care whether he lied or not. I'm not voting for him regardless.

Kinda simple, really...
He thinks niether Bengazhi nor Fast n Furious nor IRS attacks nor AP intimidation nor Dream Act nor ACA illegal delays happened. He's an Obama Truther.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

Kinda simple really...
yet by your comments you've already convicted him