Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: Bill O'Reilly ate Obama up tonight

Post by Hokie CPA »

Uprising wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:And... to be clear... I'm not a Bush fan. I'm just SICK of the DOUBLE STANDARD.

Obama has continued on every single significant Bush policy... hasn't changed a damn one of em... and he's doubled down on the worst ones, but he gets a free pass from these people!
This is a false equivalency. I don't think anyone is arguing that one can't say terrible things about the President. It is an entirely different matter to act like an ass while interviewing that President. He deserves the same courtesy we would want for ourselves in such situations, nothing more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Well, maybe if they had allowed BOR more than 10 minutes (firm) then BOR would have felt like he had enough time to allow the President to ramble on and say whatever he liked. They threw him out after ten minutes and there were other questions BOR wanted to ask.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

133743Hokie

Re: Bill O'Reilly ate Obama up tonight

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I agree to a point, Hong. The office in my opinion, deserves respect. The problem with this particular president is that he has no respect for others, or the Constitution, or our nation generally. And then he hides behind the respect the office.

There is a very fine line to walk here. Interviewers need answers to questions, that he does not want to give. The tough part is getting them without appearing to be badgering him.

And not letting him slither off the hook.
I agree with interviewing a president and asking tough questions being a tough job. But you can be tough and respectful... or you can badger, interrupt, contradict and be disrespectful.
Agree. But Bill O was doing a live segment that had I believe 12 or 14 minutes and he knew that Obama would just filibuster him to the point that he would only get about 3 or 4 questions in. That's unacceptable, so I don't have a problem if he respectfully cut off his campaign speech and moved the interview along.