Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Interesting take on Coke using racists to their advantag

Post by BigDave »

Summary of the article: conservatives hate non-whites and Coca Cola doesn't hate Latinos, therefore they are racist.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:Summary of the article: conservatives hate non-whites and Coca Cola doesn't hate Latinos, therefore they are racist.
I'm confident that your reading comprehension skills are better than that.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:Summary of the article: conservatives hate non-whites and Coca Cola doesn't hate Latinos, therefore they are racist.
The article is saying that Coca Cola is marketing to Latinos because Latinos have poorer health habits and so they are Coke's target audience. This is one of those predetermined conclusions - Coke just can't win. If they don't market to Latinos, then they are racist for only targeting white people. If they do market to Latinos, it's because they want them to drink poison and die faster. There's no right answer.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
The article is saying that Coca Cola is marketing to Latinos because Latinos have poorer health habits and so they are Coke's target audience. This is one of those predetermined conclusions - Coke just can't win. If they don't market to Latinos, then they are racist for only targeting white people. If they do market to Latinos, it's because they want them to drink poison and die faster. There's no right answer.
Well that differs from your first post in that it is a fair critique of the article.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.