No more masks

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

No more masks

Post by HooFighter »

....if you are fully vaccinated, per the CDC. Great news!

I'm sure we can trust our fellow citizens who chose not to protect themselves to continue masking up for the foreseeable future.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: No more masks

Post by awesome guy »

I'm glad that you guys can finally live like the rest of us.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

awesome guy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm I'm glad that you guys can finally live like the rest of us.
Narrow-minded and racist?

Aww, you changed your signature to match mine. How sweet of you. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:02 pm
awesome guy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm I'm glad that you guys can finally live like the rest of us.
Narrow-minded and racist?

Aww, you changed your signature to match mine. How sweet of you. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
That's you CRT loonies. Thanks about the signature and you're right. Biden is **** everything up. Predictable and sad.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Does the vaccine turn you green or something? This isn't a video game - there is no outward sign that someone is vaccinated.

And the same people who don't get the vaccine are going to be the ones running around with no mask on.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:34 pm Does the vaccine turn you green or something? This isn't a video game - there is no outward sign that someone is vaccinated.

And the same people who don't get the vaccine are going to be the ones running around with no mask on.
you'll need a mark to engage in commerce
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Good! I haven’t been wearing mine inside since I caught it!

Never wore it outside.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm Good! I haven’t been wearing mine inside since I caught it!

Never wore it outside.
I get the feeling that the covidphobes have no idea how everyone else has lived through this. Looks like they're finally coming out of their basements, thinking they're going to stuff everyone else into their own homes so they can run around like good little bootlickers. Sorry, not sorry, we never sheltered in the basement and haven't been afraid of doing things.

Though it's going to be hilarious when they figure out that the vaccine doesn't prevent them from getting covid. It lessens the likelihood that they'll go to the hospital, but will still take on the cellular damage, of which the long terms still aren't understood. Not to mention the variants that they're not immunized against. Poor 80 could end up on the ventilator with the Brazilian variant as he's screaming like a lunatic at everyone else about vaccinations.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm Good! I haven’t been wearing mine inside since I caught it!

Never wore it outside.
I get the feeling that the covidphobes have no idea how everyone else has lived through this. Looks like they're finally coming out of their basements, thinking they're going to stuff everyone else into their own homes so they can run around like good little bootlickers. Sorry, not sorry, we never sheltered in the basement and haven't been afraid of doing things.

Though it's going to be hilarious when they figure out that the vaccine doesn't prevent them from getting covid. It lessens the likelihood that they'll go to the hospital, but will still take on the cellular damage, of which the long terms still aren't understood. Not to mention the variants that they're not immunized against. Poor 80 could end up on the ventilator with the Brazilian variant as he's screaming like a lunatic at everyone else about vaccinations.
5,800 breakthrough cases in 77 million vaccinated people pretty much means you aren't going to get it if vaccinated. And that's 3 or 4 week old data; the numbers are even better now
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Never wore it outside.

5,800 breakthrough cases in 77 million vaccinated people pretty much means you aren't going to get it if vaccinated. And that's 3 or 4 week old data; the numbers are even better now

still too early to tell and "not needing hospitalization" is the metric reported. Just look at Israel, they're >60% vaccinated and are seeing a surge. Knocking the symptoms out of "needing hospitalization" and into the "barely noticing it, if at all" is certainly good. But you're still not immune like with traditional vaccines. You're a carrier with mild symptoms and so still getting the cellular damage. You've just moved from 99% chance of surviving into 99.9% chance of surviving.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Never wore it outside.

still too early to tell and "not needing hospitalization" is the metric reported. Just look at Israel, they're >60% vaccinated and are seeing a surge. Knocking the symptoms out of "needing hospitalization" and into the "barely noticing it, if at all" is certainly good. But you're still not immune like with traditional vaccines. You're a carrier with mild symptoms and so still getting the cellular damage. You've just moved from 99% chance of surviving into 99.9% chance of surviving.
No, testing positive for the virus was the metric (the 5,800). Of that only 396 were hopitalized and 74 died.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 pm

Never wore it outside.

No, testing positive for the virus was the metric (the 5,800). Of that only 396 were hopitalized and 74 died.
they're not testing 95 million to prove it out. Hospitalization is thusly the metric.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:43 pm

Never wore it outside.

they're not testing 95 million to prove it out. Hospitalization is thusly the metric.
Only 5,800 vaccinated people have gotten covid. period. what don't you understand?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm

Only 5,800 vaccinated people have gotten covid. period. what don't you understand?

They're not broadly testing the vaccinated. Why can't you understand that? If you're vaccinated and aren't having severe symptoms then you're not getting tested.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm

They're not broadly testing the vaccinated. Why can't you understand that? If you're vaccinated and aren't having severe symptoms then you're not getting tested. That's why the best they can go on is hospitalizations
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

Never wore it outside.

Close to 600k didn’t. And millions more became very ill and were hospitalized.

You’re simply a pathetic individual.

I continue to hope Karma finds you
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I copied my COVID Vax card. Shrank it down to 80% and laminated it.

I carry it my wallet. For the mere charge of $19.99 +s/h I will photocopy my card...personally place your name on it and laminate it.

No personal checks or money orders.

Send cash payments of $25 to:

Major Kong's ID's
1313 Old Jonesboro Road
Goose Pimple Junction, VA 24202-1313
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:24 pm I copied my COVID Vax card. Shrank it down to 80% and laminated it.

I carry it my wallet. For the mere charge of $19.99 +s/h I will photocopy my card...personally place your name on it and laminate it.

Major Kong's ID's
1313 Old Jonesboro Road
😂😂😂😂😂
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:20 pm

Never wore it outside.

Close to 600k didn’t. And millions more became very ill and were hospitalized.

You’re simply a pathetic individual.

I continue to hope Karma finds you
You're a goddam lunatic
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:24 pm I copied my COVID Vax card. Shrank it down to 80% and laminated it.

Major Kong's ID's
1313 Old Jonesboro Road
I have mine too
tumblr_n7obt3Kuze1toqbz4o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n7obt3Kuze1toqbz4o1_500.jpg (51.77 KiB) Viewed 9785 times
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

you vaxtards should thank Tucker Carlson for this change in direction. He's the media agent that called out the silliness of claiming that you guys could get vaccinated and then be forced to remain in your basements with 3 masks on. I think the dumb people were interpreting his comments to mean that vaccines don't work when he was really calling out the idiocy in claiming they work and then acting like they don't.
Last edited by awesome guy on Fri May 14, 2021 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:20 am you vaxtards should thank Tucker Carlson for this change in direction. He's the media agent that called out the silliness of claiming that you guys could vaccinated and then be forced to remain in your basements with 3 masks on. I think the dumb people were interpreting his comments to mean that vaccines don't work when he was really calling out the idiocy in claiming they work and then acting like they don't.
That’s the message they’re sending.......all these morons have been vaccinated. But, you can’t ask the question......rEd HAtZ!

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/n ... ed-people/

BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:11 pm
133743Hokie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm Only 5,800 vaccinated people have gotten covid. period. what don't you understand?

They're not broadly testing the vaccinated. Why can't you understand that? If you're vaccinated and aren't having severe symptoms then you're not getting tested. That's why the best they can go on is hospitalizations
Even among unvaccinated people, the positivity rate is under 5%. You're getting tested not just because you have symptoms, but because your job requires it or you have travel plans. Or you have some other ailment. But there are enough people getting tested that the government could compare populations of vaccinated people with similar populations of unvaccinated people.

Healthcare workers, first responders, college students, people getting on planes, politicians, some factories where people are working in close proximity, etc, are all being tested constantly.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:15 am
133743Hokie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm Only 5,800 vaccinated people have gotten covid. period. what don't you understand?

Even among unvaccinated people, the positivity rate is under 5%. You're getting tested not just because you have symptoms, but because your job requires it or you have travel plans. Or you have some other ailment. But there are enough people getting tested that the government could compare populations of vaccinated people with similar populations of unvaccinated people.

Healthcare workers, first responders, college students, people getting on planes, politicians, some factories where people are working in close proximity, etc, are all being tested constantly.
Baseball players too...................
Eight Men Out? 8 N.Y. Yankees Test Positive for COVID After J&J Vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/ei ... r-BB1gIvcR

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:23 pm
BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:15 am

Baseball players too...................
Eight Men Out? 8 N.Y. Yankees Test Positive for COVID After J&J Vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/ei ... r-BB1gIvcR
yup. People need to read the literature on the vaccines. They lessen the symptoms and keep you out of the hospital(in addition to destroying cells like Covid itself), they don't make you immune to Covid. The vaxtards are stuck thinking that these gene therapies work just like the smallpox vaccines.