Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: No more masks

Post by awesome guy »

186327200_10225345522164880_75359524478885930_n.jpg
186327200_10225345522164880_75359524478885930_n.jpg (47.63 KiB) Viewed 18417 times
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Curious timing.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:47 pmyup. People need to read the literature on the vaccines. They lessen the symptoms and keep you out of the hospital(in addition to destroying cells like Covid itself), they don't make you immune to Covid. The vaxtards are stuck thinking that these gene therapies work just like the smallpox vaccines.
Okay, so you're saying that the mask mandate should not be lifted - even for vaccinated people, then?

Even if the vaccine doesn't immunize you and just reduces the severity of your symptoms, I would think that would be a really really good thing. It takes your chance of dying from 2% to 0%. It takes your chance of a severe case of Covid from 10% to something way under 1%, and it takes your change of experiencing any symptoms at all from 80% to some unknown number, but probably under 10%.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me - even if didn't reduce my likelihood of an infection at all (which of course it does).

It's pretty much impossible to know exactly how much it reduces my likelihood of an infection to begin with because there is such a large overlap between the populations of {people who get the vaccine} and {people who practice social distancing and wear masks}. So vaccinated people are less likely than unvaccinated people to get infected anyway.

If you're only willing to do things Trump tells you to do, DONALD TRUMP TOOK THE VACCINE! Melania took the vaccine. Virtually everyone in the inner circle took it.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:05 pm
awesome guy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:47 pmyup. People need to read the literature on the vaccines. They lessen the symptoms and keep you out of the hospital(in addition to destroying cells like Covid itself), they don't make you immune to Covid. The vaxtards are stuck thinking that these gene therapies work just like the smallpox vaccines.
Okay, so you're saying that the mask mandate should not be lifted - even for vaccinated people, then?

Even if the vaccine doesn't immunize you and just reduces the severity of your symptoms, I would think that would be a really really good thing. It takes your chance of dying from 2% to 0%. It takes your chance of a severe case of Covid from 10% to something way under 1%, and it takes your change of experiencing any symptoms at all from 80% to some unknown number, but probably under 10%.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me - even if didn't reduce my likelihood of an infection at all (which of course it does).

It's pretty much impossible to know exactly how much it reduces my likelihood of an infection to begin with because there is such a large overlap between the populations of {people who get the vaccine} and {people who practice social distancing and wear masks}. So vaccinated people are less likely than unvaccinated people to get infected anyway.

If you're only willing to do things Trump tells you to do, DONALD TRUMP TOOK THE VACCINE! Melania took the vaccine. Virtually everyone in the inner circle took it.
You're math and facts are way off. You're not getting a 0% chance of dying, you're going from .01% to .001%. It's a small risk to begin without outside of being over 70 and obese. And then you're taking on the known damage of the spike protein, whose effects still aren't deeply understood.

You're the emotional one that makes decisions based on personality, not me. I make up my own mind about what I'm going to do. I'm not a slave to my emotions, unlike the NeverDrumpfers. And likewise, I'm not willing to accept an unknown risk to avoid something less probable than an auto death for my demographic.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:58 pm Curious timing.
indeed.

a little goodie for the masses to distract them from other not-so-good things. LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

The vaccine produces 1,000,000 times fewer spike proteins than an actual covid infection.

https://factcheck.afp.com/posts-misrepr ... ke-protein
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

RiverguyVT wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:30 pm
indeed.

a little goodie for the masses to distract them from other not-so-good things. LOL
Yeah. The new guidance makes no sense whatsoever. And since this isn't Nazi Germany and nobody is going to be asking for your vaccination papers, you're going to have plenty of unvaccinated people running around with no mask.

It only makes sense as a political move - not a science one.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm
indeed.

Yeah. The new guidance makes no sense whatsoever. And since this isn't Nazi Germany and nobody is going to be asking for your vaccination papers, you're going to have plenty of unvaccinated people running around with no mask.

I don't understand your concern. The science says it is acceptably safe for vaccinated people to go without a mask.

I don't care that anti-vaxers will not be wearing a mask. I don't think there should be any protections in place for these people, such as capacity limits and such.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:45 pm The vaccine produces 1,000,000 times fewer spike proteins than an actual covid infection.

Fake news
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:51 pm
indeed.

I don't understand your concern. The science says it is acceptably safe for vaccinated people to go without a mask.

I don't care that anti-vaxers will not be wearing a mask. I don't think there should be any protections in place for these people, such as capacity limits and such.
As long as you cover the costs of your strokes, emphysema, etc from the vaccine then deal. It's hilarious how fast you narcissists went from hiding in the base from Covid to F everyone not wanting to be part of an experiment. Cover the cost of your experiment then.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

indeed.

Think about what is the purpose of a facemask?

As has been pointed out 10000 times on this forum and elsewhere, it is not as much to protect you (though it does help some), but it is more to protect other people from you. It is about slowing down the droplets that you exhale.

So if the anti-vaxers are going to stop being forced to wear masks, then they are the ones who are more likely to have covid and more likely to infect others anyway.

While thr vaccine is effective, it is only 95% effective meaning they anti-vaxers can still infect 1/20 vaccinated people.

So unless or until unvaccinated people are going to wear a scarlet letter so that you can tell them apart, no, there is no science for this.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Here's a suggestion BigDave. Tell AG is he SUPER brave and TOTALLY manly and that we all recognize it and that everyone else on this forum is a total coward and not manly. Maybe then he'll stop trying to prove otherwise with EVERY SINGLE POST and this place COULD be tolerable again.

Then again, you don't seem to care about how he behaves so I suspect you'll ignore this advice anyhow.

The forum is TOTES productive by the way. Stimulating conversation.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:53 pm
BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:45 pm The vaccine produces 1,000,000 times fewer spike proteins than an actual covid infection.

Fake news
Idiot
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:14 pm
indeed.

As has been pointed out 10000 times on this forum and elsewhere, it is not as much to protect you (though it does help some), but it is more to protect other people from you. It is about slowing down the droplets that you exhale.

So if the anti-vaxers are going to stop being forced to wear masks, then they are the ones who are more likely to have covid and more likely to infect others anyway.

While thr vaccine is effective, it is only 95% effective meaning they anti-vaxers can still infect 1/20 vaccinated people.

So unless or until unvaccinated people are going to wear a scarlet letter so that you can tell them apart, no, there is no science for this.

You guys still don't get it. Below are the metrics. "The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 95% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms." The vaccine isn't immunizing you to COVID-19, it's lessening the symptoms. That's a distinction that you keep missing in your analysis. You're still going to get COVID-19 and still going to be a carrier at the rates equal to the unvaccinated. But when you do get it, you're far less likely to have symptoms, especially severe symptoms. For some reason you guys omit key words or pretend like they're punctuation. "with symptoms" is a key phrase. The NYecks tell the tale, 8 are infected after getting vaccinated. 0 will likely be symptomatic or develop severe symptoms. They're infected and carriers, but not going to the hospital. And really not from the vaccine, but from this being how COVID-19 plays out in those under 60 and healthy. The vaccine just further lessens their chance of being symptomatic, which were super low to begin with.

So why does that matter? Because then you're going to spread COVID-19 amongst each other where the virus will continue to mutate and create variants, like we have in the UK, Brazil, and India. Those variants will create their own variants. The vaccines don't seem as effective with them and even deadlier ones are likely to emerge. So you're really turning yourselves into a lab for evolution to work it's magic on COVID-19 to create COVID-20, COVID-21, etc. You still need to socially distance and spend no longer than 15 minutes together inside a building with strangers so the virus doesn't have an ecosystem to evolve in.

Masks also don't really work. Only things that actually work are socially distancing and not being in a room with other people for more than 15 minutes. Masked or maskless, the particles accumulate enough to form a big enough viral load to spread Covid. But you if leave within 15 minutes then you have practically no chance of getting it. Same with being outside. Masks just change the trajectory of the sneeze, don't eliminate it as a threat as a masked sneeze forms the for mentioned cloud to spread germs.

The elderly, especially those with comorbidities are a different animal all together. They have a much higher risk of COVID-19 and it is the boggieman for them that the vaxtards hiding in the basement believe it is for themselves. If we were talking about gun violence then the elderly would represent black male gang members between the ages of 16 and 22 as well as the suicidal. They're 90% of the deaths and serious issues. Everyone else is relatively safe. But the populations overlap in that the free flying vaxtards can still kill grannie with COVID-19 as they bring it to her. Granny should certainly get vaccinated, her kids and grandkids don't need to, they should just keep the safety protocols mentioned above.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20484859
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

(Eye roll)

More tin foil hat crap.

Red hats are THE most gullible idiots on the planet.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Fake news
Idiot
Don't need to say it, we already know that's what you are.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Fake news
Idiot
You are one clueless f*ucktard.

Come on karma.... give AG a ventilator!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:30 pm

Here's a suggestion BigDave. Tell AG is he SUPER brave and TOTALLY manly and that we all recognize it and that everyone else on this forum is a total coward and not manly. Maybe then he'll stop trying to prove otherwise with EVERY SINGLE POST and this place COULD be tolerable again.

Then again, you don't seem to care about how he behaves so I suspect you'll ignore this advice anyhow.

Must have a been move for you to go from hiding the closet in your mom's bra to hiding in the basement from the COVID-19.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:45 pm
awesome guy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Fake news
Idiot
You are one clueless f*ucktard.

Come on karma.... give AG a ventilator!
So says 80. Why don't you prove your own idiocy, go get an injection of COVID-19. You're immunized, no? If not then STFU.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Can we discuss this without the constant snipping, please?
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm
(Eye roll)

More tin foil hat crap.

It’s a damn good question to ask, 80......you’re so blinded by rEd HAtZ rage, you can’t even think straight,
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:14 pm
indeed.

That's not what 95% effectiveness means
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Interesting video. And absolutely more stunning if the head of the CDC the night before the announcement was saying that the science wasn't there yet.

The press secretary basically said, well, only a few people knew about the announcement. You'd think the head of the CDC would have been one of them.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

hokie80 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm
(Eye roll)

More tin foil hat crap.

Grow up Dogberry.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Florida Hokie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:30 pm Here's a suggestion BigDave. Tell AG is he SUPER brave and TOTALLY manly and that we all recognize it and that everyone else on this forum is a total coward and not manly. Maybe then he'll stop trying to prove otherwise with EVERY SINGLE POST and this place COULD be tolerable again.

A Florida sighting!
hey, dude!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.