This is your state

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: This is your state

Post by HokieHam »

SUBSTaCK! Reeeee!
Fake "Criminology Research" Underlies Woke Ideology
"Trust the Science"... again?
A surprising piece of news from The Florida Standard (archive link) reports that several foundational criminology studies authored by Prof. Eric Stewart of Florida State University have been retracted amid accusations of faking data to support conclusions desired by the authors.
https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/fake ... -underlies
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Simon Fraser University to host seminar on 'racist' math
https://humanevents.com/2023/04/10/san- ... aign=64478
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Undercover Video Reveals Indiana Schools Hiding Critical Race Theory Curriculum From Parents
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ ... s-n1688469

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:22 pm
Undercover Video Reveals Indiana Schools Hiding Critical Race Theory Curriculum From Parents
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ ... s-n1688469
But, some people claim this isn't happening. I live in Indiana and can attest to the fact it is happening.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This is my shocked face (not)

:|
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

It’s not in our schools!

BS…….it is taught AND put into praxis…..
Las Vegas high-school English teacher Laura Jeanne Penrod initially thought the grading changes at her school district made sense. Under the overhaul, students are given more chances to prove they have mastered a subject without being held to arbitrary deadlines, in recognition of challenges some children have outside school.

Soon after the system was introduced, however, Ms. Penrod said her 11th-grade honors students realized the new rules minimized the importance of homework to their final grades, leading many to forgo the brainstorming and rough drafts required ahead of writing a persuasive essay. Some didn’t turn in the essay at all, knowing they could redo it later.
Dumbing down to the lowest common denominator……

https://www.wsj.com/articles/schools-a ... g-dcef7c3e

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:10 pm It’s not in our schools!

BS…….it is taught AND put into praxis…..
Las Vegas high-school English teacher Laura Jeanne Penrod initially thought the grading changes at her school district made sense. Under the overhaul, students are given more chances to prove they have mastered a subject without being held to arbitrary deadlines, in recognition of challenges some children have outside school.

Soon after the system was introduced, however, Ms. Penrod said her 11th-grade honors students realized the new rules minimized the importance of homework to their final grades, leading many to forgo the brainstorming and rough drafts required ahead of writing a persuasive essay. Some didn’t turn in the essay at all, knowing they could redo it later.
Dumbing down to the lowest common denominator……

https://www.wsj.com/articles/schools-a ... g-dcef7c3e
That's stupid policy. Even if the concept has some merit, there should be a requirement to turn something in on time. Then redo if necessary.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Typical leftist tactics……..
Attachments
63688B2F-6FB2-43D0-A3FA-CFE1EB66509E.jpeg
63688B2F-6FB2-43D0-A3FA-CFE1EB66509E.jpeg (86.31 KiB) Viewed 2710 times

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

I’m other words, let’s make everyone dumb….
Attachments
IMG_4251.jpeg
IMG_4251.jpeg (55.15 KiB) Viewed 2703 times

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Parents Sue Elite Schools for ‘Indoctrinating’ Their Kids With Anti-Racist Policies
Some claim diversity-and-equity emphasis is breach of contract
Clash comes as DeSantis, Trump make education a rallying cry
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/article ... and-switch

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 am
Parents Sue Elite Schools for ‘Indoctrinating’ Their Kids With Anti-Racist Policies
Some claim diversity-and-equity emphasis is breach of contract
Clash comes as DeSantis, Trump make education a rallying cry
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/article ... and-switch
Making Ed a rallying cry is a winning strategy, IMHO. See: Youngkin.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:46 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:48 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:40 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:36 pm Of course, this is the mantra:
Ibram X. Kendi Equates Parents Fighting Critical Race Theory To The KKK, Segregationists
And of course, a teachers organization……
School curriculum based on critical race theory indoctrinates children with racist ideas, but in a Wednesday livestream with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), Kendi called this education is “crucial” for students.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/08/ib ... ationists/
Have you read Kendi? What'd you think of any of it?
Actually I have. I’m sure you think what he’s written and what he says is just grand, knowing your utter gullibility. I bet you also agree with his assessment of the Gospel too.

What he’s promoting is garbage. It’s on par with White Fragility by Deangelo.

Good thing both of those were in my local library so I didn’t have to give them any $$.
If this post of yours reflects your assessment of the Gospel, then I'd question your reading of it as well.

Which of his works did you read? What did you disagree with?
This post doesn’t reflect my assessment of the Gospel. It’s assessing Kendi. Given your past postings and your comments so far about him, I think I can tell you would think his “gospel” wonderful.

I’ve read How To Be An Antiracist. A lot. He calls capitalism racist. There’s one I vehemently disagree with……I’m sure you find it glorious…….
LOL…..the edit from this dopey, racist communist is hilarious……and still…..racist.
Attachments
E1A81A0F-A203-4721-ACA9-48944BAF05CA.jpeg
E1A81A0F-A203-4721-ACA9-48944BAF05CA.jpeg (487.35 KiB) Viewed 2690 times

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

there is nothing at all about Kendi that is enlightening. Nothing.
Pure moronic drivel.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:12 pm there is nothing at all about Kendi that is enlightening. Nothing.
Pure moronic drivel.
Correct. Racist drivel that is approved by the left.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Say the thing!

iT’s nOt TAughT In oUR sCHoOls! IT’s jUSt a LEgAl TheoRy!

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:28 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:46 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:48 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:40 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:36 pm Of course, this is the mantra:

And of course, a teachers organization……

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/08/ib ... ationists/
Have you read Kendi? What'd you think of any of it?
Actually I have. I’m sure you think what he’s written and what he says is just grand, knowing your utter gullibility. I bet you also agree with his assessment of the Gospel too.

What he’s promoting is garbage. It’s on par with White Fragility by Deangelo.

Good thing both of those were in my local library so I didn’t have to give them any $$.
If this post of yours reflects your assessment of the Gospel, then I'd question your reading of it as well.

Which of his works did you read? What did you disagree with?
This post doesn’t reflect my assessment of the Gospel. It’s assessing Kendi. Given your past postings and your comments so far about him, I think I can tell you would think his “gospel” wonderful.

I’ve read How To Be An Antiracist. A lot. He calls capitalism racist. There’s one I vehemently disagree with……I’m sure you find it glorious…….
LOL…..the edit from this dopey, racist communist is hilarious……and still…..racist.

I can't help but note his illiberal use of the term pOwEr. Once again, Lindsey was spot on about these marxist clowns.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Prescription for Mittens.
Attachments
IMG_3925.jpeg
IMG_3925.jpeg (77.78 KiB) Viewed 2616 times

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

iT’s nOT bEinG tAuGHt iN OuR sCHoOls!…….
Minnesota mom and ex-teacher eloquently slams her former school district for pushing gender ideology and critical race theory on students
Parents spoke out at a meeting of the Anoka-Hennepin Schools board
They expressed concerns over the board's policies on gender and racial ideology
Anoka-Hennepin is one of Minnesota's largest school districts and serves 38,000 students
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... dents.html

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Worth a listen……national HS debate team super wokeness.

One team said it shouldn’t win because they had a HuWhite team member…..

But Hville swore it’s not in our schools…..dupe.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-ar ... oplay=true

Another thread win.

HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:27 pm Worth a listen……national HS debate team super wokeness.

Another thread win.
Hi Ham. Glad to know you still think about me. I hope you are doing well.

A couple of notes:

1) the debate in question has nothing to do with critical race theory. the team decided to take up the topic of trans rights rather than the assigned topic. not sure why you think its CRT.

2) i've maintained that critical race theory is not taught in schools. but debate is an extra-circular activity where kids bring their own thoughts and perspectives to topics. it has nothing to do with what is taught in schools.

3) even if this were evidence of CRT being taught in school, an isolated incident does not constitute that critical race theory is taught in schools.

Hope things are going well with you! Have a great weekend!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HvilleHokie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:21 pm
HokieHam wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:27 pm Worth a listen……national HS debate team super wokeness.

Another thread win.
Hi Ham. Glad to know you still think about me. I hope you are doing well.

A couple of notes:

1) the debate in question has nothing to do with critical race theory. the team decided to take up the topic of trans rights rather than the assigned topic. not sure why you think its CRT.

2) i've maintained that critical race theory is not taught in schools. but debate is an extra-circular activity where kids bring their own thoughts and perspectives to topics. it has nothing to do with what is taught in schools.

3) even if this were evidence of CRT being taught in school, an isolated incident does not constitute that critical race theory is taught in schools.

Hope things are going well with you! Have a great weekend!
Good to see you’re still around. I’m doing great.

1. The whole trans rights issues IS based in CT in general and if you listen to the students talk, they are spewing the neo-Marxist language…..so, I feel it does fit in this thread. I could have put it in the alphabet people thread as well.

2. Debate is extra-curricular. It’s clear though, these kids have been indoctrinated.

3. There’s too many examples in this thread to consider them isolated incidents. And I don’t post half the stuff I see. If you can maintain your stance while ignoring evidence……..

Hope you’re doing well and I’ll have an awesome weekend if the HOKIES somehow manage to beat Louisville. We all will!

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Suggesting CRT isn't being taught *(used? is that better?) in schools is tantamount to being a flat-earth believer.

LOL.
C'mon, man (/Joe)
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:05 pm Suggesting CRT isn't being taught *(used? is that better?) in schools is tantamount to being a flat-earth believer.

LOL.
C'mon, man (/Joe)
It’s called self deception.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Another thread win.
Nah…..these kids haven’t been taught CRT/CT in school. Nope…..not at all……s/

The could easily be put in the “No other race thread”……which has been won as well.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »