Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Inflation Hits 5.4% in June

Post by hokie80 »

dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:31 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm You advocate for killing unborn human beings.

Spare me your moral outrage on chickens. You have no credibility on this issue. None.
Ah, the old redirect with a whiff of "SQUIRREL". A staple of the hypocritical right debate tactics. Your rhetoric needs a modern upgrade.
You brought up dogs when I brought up free
Range mandates by government.

Talk about a redirect.

Zero credibility.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 pm
dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:31 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm You advocate for killing unborn human beings.

Spare me your moral outrage on chickens. You have no credibility on this issue. None.
Ah, the old redirect with a whiff of "SQUIRREL". A staple of the hypocritical right debate tactics. Your rhetoric needs a modern upgrade.
You brought up dogs when I brought up free
Range mandates by government.

Talk about a redirect.

Zero credibility.
Correct. He’s an NPC bot. I’m betting the topic on TYT was about how great XiDing has been on inflation or some other bs.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

pRoFiTs cAuSe iNfLaTiOn~!

is just stupid. Robert Reich stupid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
dunwithtrump

Post by dunwithtrump »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 pm pRoFiTs cAuSe iNfLaTiOn~!
Profits scraped from raising prices simply because they can DOES cause inflation you stupid git.
Try supplying evidence and data for a change. Your foolish bald libertarian assertions are way too easy to debunk.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 3.04.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 3.04.33 PM.png (112.16 KiB) Viewed 24308 times
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:06 pm
Profits scraped from raising prices simply because they can DOES cause inflation you stupid git.
Try supplying evidence and data for a change. Your foolish bald libertarian assertions are way too easy to debunk.
The only stupid git here is you falling for the prog narrative, like you do every time.

Post the story linked with your idiotic chart. Even the prog author admits his methodology is questionable. Is your data peer reviewed, genius?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yup. He helped push the EPI narrative.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL

you don't even know what profit means. Just that Reich tells you it is eViL

No. Profit has exactly zero to do with inflation. Nothing.
Salute the Marines
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:51 pm
HokieHam wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:34 pm
HokieHam wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:28 pm On top of all the idiocy by leftists……they’ve now mandated here in CO that all eggs sold in the state must be from free range chickens. So instead of eggs going from about $4 dollars for a pack of 18 before inflation hit to close to five…..they’re now $7…..and they can’t stock enough because of farms scrambling to meet the new mandate.
The local store since a week before Christmas……good think we stocked up.
Farms don't have to comply with the Colorado law until 2025, so I don't think that's the reason...

On the other hand...

More than one quarter of all egg-laying hens have been euthanized in the past year due to avian flu, including 85% of Colorado's egg-laying population. That might be having a bigger impact on prices than a law that isn't enforced for another two years.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:45 pm
LOL

This has to be a bit.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:55 am
HokieHam wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:28 pm On top of all the idiocy by leftists……they’ve now mandated here in CO that all eggs sold in the state must be from free range chickens. So instead of eggs going from about $4 dollars for a pack of 18 before inflation hit to close to five…..they’re now $7…..and they can’t stock enough because of farms scrambling to meet the new mandate.
Farms don't have to comply with the Colorado law until 2025, so I don't think that's the reason...

On the other hand...

More than one quarter of all egg-laying hens have been euthanized in the past year due to avian flu, including 85% of Colorado's egg-laying population. That might be having a bigger impact on prices than a law that isn't enforced for another two years.
They have to comply with new regulations that started this year. It starts with cage size minimums and moves to cage free by 2025. The interviews I saw with local egg producers said they had to increase prices to prepare their farms for the mandate of 100% cage free by 2025. The cage free idea doesn’t just magically happen at no cost to the farmer.

hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:20 am

On the other hand...

They have to comply with new regulations that started this year. It starts with cage size minimums and moves to cage free by 2025. The interviews I saw with local egg producers said they had to increase prices to prepare their farms for the mandate of 100% cage free by 2025. The cage free idea doesn’t just magically happen at no cost to the farmer.
Yep.

And who is the cost passed to?

The consumer.

It’s an asinine overreach. So perfectly “progressive”.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

On the other hand...

Since more than 85% of Colorado's chickens are now dead, it kind of did just "magically" happen. Instead of now stacking them six high and shitting all over the ones beneath, they can just let the remaining 15% have the one square foot of space the law requires...
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 am

On the other hand...

Yep.

The consumer.

It's a small cost and a small step towards ridding the world of the inhumane use of battery cages. Maybe if you can't afford a few extra cents for food that isn't tortured for the entirety of it's miserable life, you shouldn't eat that food.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

On the other hand...

It could be the regulations, the avian flu, or both.

https://www.cpr.org/2023/01/12/colorado ... avian-flu/

https://www.kktv.com/2023/01/05/whats-c ... gg-prices/

https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... 4dc65b27e1

Or it could be everything!, according to this article.

https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2023/01 ... nsive.html
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:43 am

On the other hand...

Yep.

The consumer.

It's a small cost and a small step towards ridding the world of the inhumane use of battery cages. Maybe if you can't afford a few extra cents for food that isn't tortured for the entirety of it's miserable life, you shouldn't eat that food.

Spoken like a good little Stalinist.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:55 am

On the other hand...

Yep.

The consumer.

Spoken like a good little Stalinist.
LOL! You stay up all night thinking of that one? What a stupid, meaningless comment. I am sure that you really think you got me good with that one though.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

On the other hand...

Yep.

The consumer.

LOL…..you stupid leftist morons and your “if you can’t afford it” idiocy. I’m not the one who can’t afford it. It’s the poor you always seem so concerned about.
Last edited by HokieHam on Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:51 am

On the other hand...

It could be the regulations, the avian flu, or both.

https://www.cpr.org/2023/01/12/colorado ... avian-flu/

https://www.kktv.com/2023/01/05/whats-c ... gg-prices/

https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... 4dc65b27e1

Or it could be everything!, according to this article.

https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2023/01 ... nsive.html
I said it above. The law was passed in 2020. It’s exacerbated the problem.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm
dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:47 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:16 pm Or one could just admit that free range egg mandates are a “progressive” idiotic idea.
Or you could just admit you're a monster who cares nothing for your god's creatures and would rather chickens suffer while they slave for your breakfast. Would you cage chickens in your yard if you raised layers? No? Why not? Is it because it costs more for a small fry like you to cage rather than free range them? Is money THAT important over sentient animals to you?

Perhaps you would do horrible things to your dog with a barbecue fork if it were profitable? (Look into it, I'm sure there's a pocket of human sludge online who would pay for this abuse porn).

Oh, you wouldn't? Why is your dog any different than chickens? They are certainly both god's creations. Is it because culturally you don't eat dog? Or is it because your humanity stops you? But you're happy to let chickens suffer from birth to death to save yourself a buck or two on a dozen eggs? You monster! Stop eating eggs then, they're not good for your cholesterol anyways.

Consistency Sparky, consistency.
You advocate for killing unborn human beings.

The two person who are for the slaughter of unborn humans up to the moment of birth are pissed off about chickens…….fancy that one.

Maybe one of them believes a chicken CAN be President.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:36 am

On the other hand...

Since more than 85% of Colorado's chickens are now dead, it kind of did just "magically" happen. Instead of now stacking them six high and shitting all over the ones beneath, they can just let the remaining 15% have the one square foot of space the law requires...
So, killing the birds totally got rid of the costs of local egg producers from having to make changes to follow the law? Once they’ve recovered in the spring they’re just going to “magically” have all buildings conform to the law?

Yeah. No.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

isn't this the UWS poster that equates human life with turtles?
Salute the Marines
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:28 am
hokie80 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:16 pm Or one could just admit that free range egg mandates are a “progressive” idiotic idea.
Or you could just admit you're a monster who cares nothing for your god's creatures and would rather chickens suffer while they slave for your breakfast. Would you cage chickens in your yard if you raised layers? No? Why not? Is it because it costs more for a small fry like you to cage rather than free range them? Is money THAT important over sentient animals to you?

Perhaps you would do horrible things to your dog with a barbecue fork if it were profitable? (Look into it, I'm sure there's a pocket of human sludge online who would pay for this abuse porn).

Oh, you wouldn't? Why is your dog any different than chickens? They are certainly both god's creations. Is it because culturally you don't eat dog? Or is it because your humanity stops you? But you're happy to let chickens suffer from birth to death to save yourself a buck or two on a dozen eggs? You monster! Stop eating eggs then, they're not good for your cholesterol anyways.

The two person who are for the slaughter of unborn humans up to the moment of birth are pissed off about chickens…….fancy that one.

I'll indulge this silly red herring one time here...

I've been directly responsible for the slaughter and associated torture of about zero sentient beings for more than a decade now. In all likelihood, you've been directly responsible for the death and torture of thousands of sentient beings during that same spam. I actually believe that life has value, all life. That it is not something to be taken on a whim or because I'm getting a little hangry. I live my life accordingly.

People like you don't actually value life. You pretend to when it's convenient to try bludgeon someone with. Now you'll say something about how it is only animals that you don't think deserve humane treatment. People are special, you'll plead. However, I'm willing to bet that they're are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of you referring to people as animals, in one form of another, in your posts on this site alone. So it's really just one small step for someone like you to think that extinguishing a human life is as trivial as taking the life of an animal is to you.

Maybe some day you will actually start being pro life instead of just claiming to be.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:13 am

On the other hand...

Yep.

The consumer.

LOL…..you stupid leftist morons and your “if you can’t afford it” idiocy. I’m not the one who can’t afford it. It’s the poor you always seem so concerned about.
Don't worry. The "progressives" in Colorado will take your money and feed the poor with it.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:33 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:28 am

I'll indulge this silly red herring one time here...

I've been directly responsible for the slaughter and associated torture of about zero sentient beings for more than a decade now. In all likelihood, you've been directly responsible for the death and torture of thousands of sentient beings during that same spam. I actually believe that life has value, all life. That it is not something to be taken on a whim or because I'm getting a little hangry. I live my life accordingly.

People like you don't actually value life. You pretend to when it's convenient to try bludgeon someone with. Now you'll say something about how it is only animals that you don't think deserve humane treatment. People are special, you'll plead. However, I'm willing to bet that they're are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of you referring to people as animals, in one form of another, in your posts on this site alone. So it's really just one small step for someone like you to think that extinguishing a human life is as trivial as taking the life of an animal is to you.

Maybe some day you will actually start being pro life instead of just claiming to be.
You used spam in your tirade.

Yum!

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:56 am
RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:45 pm
LOL

This has to be a bit.
If you think profit has anything at all (anything at all!) to do with inflation, you don't understand Econ 101 either.
Salute the Marines