Inflation Hits 5.4% in June

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: Inflation Hits 5.4% in June

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:33 pm
I'll indulge this silly red herring one time here...

I've been directly responsible for the slaughter and associated torture of about zero sentient beings for more than a decade now. In all likelihood, you've been directly responsible for the death and torture of thousands of sentient beings during that same spam. I actually believe that life has value, all life. That it is not something to be taken on a whim or because I'm getting a little hangry. I live my life accordingly.

People like you don't actually value life. You pretend to when it's convenient to try bludgeon someone with. Now you'll say something about how it is only animals that you don't think deserve humane treatment. People are special, you'll plead. However, I'm willing to bet that they're are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of you referring to people as animals, in one form of another, in your posts on this site alone. So it's really just one small step for someone like you to think that extinguishing a human life is as trivial as taking the life of an animal is to you.

Maybe some day you will actually start being pro life instead of just claiming to be.
LOL... yep. It looks like I remember correctly. :lol:

The rabbit's rights are being violated:

Your line is very very VERY arbitrary. Every step you take, every breath you take, you are killing uncountable creatures. Every bite of lettuce...same.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:34 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:13 am
Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:43 am
hokie80 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 am
HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:20 am
Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:55 am

Farms don't have to comply with the Colorado law until 2025, so I don't think that's the reason...

On the other hand...

More than one quarter of all egg-laying hens have been euthanized in the past year due to avian flu, including 85% of Colorado's egg-laying population. That might be having a bigger impact on prices than a law that isn't enforced for another two years.
They have to comply with new regulations that started this year. It starts with cage size minimums and moves to cage free by 2025. The interviews I saw with local egg producers said they had to increase prices to prepare their farms for the mandate of 100% cage free by 2025. The cage free idea doesn’t just magically happen at no cost to the farmer.
Yep.

And who is the cost passed to?

The consumer.

It’s an asinine overreach. So perfectly “progressive”.
It's a small cost and a small step towards ridding the world of the inhumane use of battery cages. Maybe if you can't afford a few extra cents for food that isn't tortured for the entirety of it's miserable life, you shouldn't eat that food.
LOL…..you stupid leftist morons and your “if you can’t afford it” idiocy. I’m not the one who can’t afford it. It’s the poor you always seem so concerned about.
Don't worry. The "progressives" in Colorado will take your money and feed the poor with it.
Progressives are good at theft.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:22 pm

I've been directly responsible for the slaughter and associated torture of about zero sentient beings for more than a decade now. In all likelihood, you've been directly responsible for the death and torture of thousands of sentient beings during that same spam. I actually believe that life has value, all life. That it is not something to be taken on a whim or because I'm getting a little hangry. I live my life accordingly.

People like you don't actually value life. You pretend to when it's convenient to try bludgeon someone with. Now you'll say something about how it is only animals that you don't think deserve humane treatment. People are special, you'll plead. However, I'm willing to bet that they're are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of you referring to people as animals, in one form of another, in your posts on this site alone. So it's really just one small step for someone like you to think that extinguishing a human life is as trivial as taking the life of an animal is to you.

Maybe some day you will actually start being pro life instead of just claiming to be.

Your line is very very VERY arbitrary. Every step you take, every breath you take, you are killing uncountable creatures. Every bite of lettuce...same.
It’s the typical prog/leftist argument to redefine what is meant when we say pro-life. VB did it….these sad people do as well.

His argument is full of straw men.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:36 pm
Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:34 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:13 am
Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:43 am
hokie80 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 am
HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:20 am
They have to comply with new regulations that started this year. It starts with cage size minimums and moves to cage free by 2025. The interviews I saw with local egg producers said they had to increase prices to prepare their farms for the mandate of 100% cage free by 2025. The cage free idea doesn’t just magically happen at no cost to the farmer.
Yep.

And who is the cost passed to?

The consumer.

It’s an asinine overreach. So perfectly “progressive”.
It's a small cost and a small step towards ridding the world of the inhumane use of battery cages. Maybe if you can't afford a few extra cents for food that isn't tortured for the entirety of it's miserable life, you shouldn't eat that food.
LOL…..you stupid leftist morons and your “if you can’t afford it” idiocy. I’m not the one who can’t afford it. It’s the poor you always seem so concerned about.
Don't worry. The "progressives" in Colorado will take your money and feed the poor with it.
Progressives are good at theft.

It's one of the few things of which they're proficient. Well, that and violating the Constitutional rights of US citizens.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

I happen to believe that many humans have the capacity to make different choices about the source of their food than say... a lynx. AND, because of that ability, we are able to hold ourselves to an ethical standard. Apparently you do not share that belief. Which one of us is supposedly equating humans to other animals again?
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:42 pm

It’s the typical prog/leftist argument to redefine what is meant when we say pro-life. VB did it….these sad people do as well.

Go on...
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:59 pm

I happen to believe that many humans have the capacity to make different choices about the source of their food than say... a lynx. AND, because of that ability, we are able to hold ourselves to an ethical standard. Apparently you do not share that belief. Which one of us is supposedly equating humans to other animals again?
And yet you think it’s “ethical” to take the life of an unborn human.

As with Recip, spare me your moral outrage and hypocritical virtue signaling.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:19 pm
Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:56 am
RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:45 pm
dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:06 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 pm pRoFiTs cAuSe iNfLaTiOn~!
is just stupid. Robert Reich stupid.
Profits scraped from raising prices simply because they can DOES cause inflation you stupid git.
Try supplying evidence and data for a change. Your foolish bald libertarian assertions are way too easy to debunk.
LOL

you don't even know what profit means. Just that Reich tells you it is eViL

No. Profit has exactly zero to do with inflation. Nothing.
This has to be a bit.
If you think profit has anything at all (anything at all!) to do with inflation, you don't understand Econ 101 either.
Again, this HAS to be some stupid bit.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Most choices are rarely ever ethical or unethical. I.e. it is not binary.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm

Your words..

“we are able to hold ourselves to an ethical standard”

A standard is indeed binary.

Your comment that choices are rarely ethical or unethical is simply and excuse to cover your own hypocrisy.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:20 pm

Your words..

Your comment that choices are rarely ethical or unethical is simply and excuse to cover your own hypocrisy.
No, basically nothing in the real world works like that.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:13 pm

Your words..

Well, that’s categorically false.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:20 pm

Your words..

Is it unethical to kill animals?
Is it unethical to kill humans?
Is it unethical to kill anything?

If you can't answer those questions with a simple yes or no, then the ethical standards that govern them are non-binary.

QED
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh good grief.
Because a Lynx can't go to Safeway's organic aisle... LMAO :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So silly.

I support a wild rabbit's right to life. :lol: :roll:

Save the smaller animals that Uprising kills and eats!
The not-as-cute ones!!!
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:00 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:42 pm

Go on...
Start there.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:14 pm Again, this HAS to be some stupid bit.
So be it - you have no clue on Econ nor inflation.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh good grief.
Because a Lynx can't go to Safeway's organic aisle... LMAO :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So silly.

I support a wild rabbit's right to life. :lol: :roll:

Save the smaller animals that Uprising kills and eats!
The not-as-cute ones!!!
Attachments
1B4395CF-EAED-4CC3-87EB-D258A04C4E17.jpeg
1B4395CF-EAED-4CC3-87EB-D258A04C4E17.jpeg (228.06 KiB) Viewed 9456 times

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:lol: :lol:
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

eThiCaL...Gotta love 5th Avenue ESG marketing drivel.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:53 pm

eThiCaL...Gotta love 5th Avenue ESG marketing drivel.
Tell me, what do you think you are saying? Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Your words..

Murder is wrong.

No, basically nothing in the real world works like that. - Uprising
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieJoe wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:08 am

Your words..

Murder is wrong.

No, basically nothing in the real world works like that. - Uprising
Abortion isn't murder, Joe. I'm glad we're on the same page here.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:12 am
Abortion isn't murder, Joe. I'm glad we're on the same page here.
It's only murder if you kill a pregnant rabbit while out hunting for some stew stock. Rabbit fetuses matter!
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

No way!………..
COVID Stimulus Spending Played 'Sizable Role' in Inflation
Fiscal stimulus during the pandemic contributed to an increase in inflation of about 2.6 percentage points.
https://reason.com/2023/02/02/covid-st ... inflation/

fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:49 pm
fatman wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:08 pm
hokie80 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:50 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:27 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:02 pm
Inflation Cools to 7.1 Percent, but Still Has a Long Way To Fall
Food prices were up 0.5 percent during November, even as energy prices fell by about 1.6 percent.
https://reason.com/2022/12/13/inflatio ... y-to-fall/
Good news!
Been to the grocery store lately?

The rate may have “cooled”. But prices haven’t come down. Not to mention the looming recession.
Inflation readings are lagging indicators, so the trend in recent reports is good news.

It’s likely a recession will be needed to reverse wage pressures, largest source of inflation at this point.
the largest source of inflation is high wages?

Indeed. US unemployment is at it's lowest level in 50-60 years, we have an unbelievably tight labor market with ~ 2 openings for every job hunter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rates-high

Cars, Energy, Housing, and most measures of inflation in the US have been coming down. There was a huge avian flu that fooled many people into thinking the resulting price increases in eggs is an indicator of underlying inflation in the US economy. The US' inflation has been tame compared to other economies. Inflation in the US is probably going to fall about as quickly as it rose, but who knows with all the craziness in Ukraine/Russia and China making predictions difficult. Core is headed in the right direction though, which is great to see.

The hottest job market in my lifetime is inflationary without a doubt and the Fed's big fear. The Fed is going to keep raising rates even with all the signs of core inflation dropping, they missed the rise of inflation, they are not going to undershoot as they continue to raise rates trying to engineer a recession to cool the job market. We will probably have a recession this year, but we don't have many historical examples of the US entering a recession with unemployment at these record low levels so it will be interesting.