Moderate (slightly left of center) AG Merrick Garland Orders FBI to Combat ‘Threats of Violence’ Against Public School O

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: Moderate (slightly left of center) AG Merrick Garland Orders FBI to Combat ‘Threats of Violence’ Against Public Scho

Post by 133743Hokie »

From an article in NR, the genesis of the Garland memo:

"The order, announced in a memo released Monday, comes after a group that represents school boards urged the Biden administration to review whether confrontations by outraged parents over COVID restrictions and critical race theory violate the Patriot Act."
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Moderate (slightly left of center) AG Merrick Garland Orders FBI to Combat ‘Threats of Violence’ Against Public Scho

Post by awesome guy »

So we're at Bidenites believing that the FBI should be at local school board meetings?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 pm So we're at Bidenites believing that the FBI should be at local school board meetings?
Correct. And this board is being “monitored”……..oooooohhhhh……Halloween scary!

On another note, more good stuff:

"The Biden Administration continues to politicize the DOJ, ignore the rule of law, and undermine state sovereignty," Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich

"President Biden’s use of the Justice Department to investigate is grossly inappropriate and nothing more than a political stunt at taxpayer expense," said Arkansas AG Rutledge. 

They see this for what it is…..as do some of us.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
WEHRedux
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Libertarian

Post by WEHRedux »

HokieJoe wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:26 pm
ip_law-hokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:25 pm
ModerateHokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:05 pm
awesome guy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:54 pm
ModerateHokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:52 pm

You have ZERO idea what they are actually investigating. Answer the question: If someone threatened physical violence against a school board member, should they be prosecuted?
They should arrest the pedophiles rather than threatening the people outraged at them. Do you support pedophiles on the school board and them including pedophilia in the curriculum?
Gotcha. So you have no problem with the violent overthrow of our democratically elected bodies. This place is a cesspool and is probably being monitored. I'm out.

Don't be such a drama queen, Maude. Any illegality should be handled by local law enforcement officials. Not by the FBI, you putz. But hey, I'll mark you down as someone who is okay with the CONTINUED weaponization of Federal law enforcement agencies for political purposes.
He was right about the last part, Joe.

If someone breaks the law, then local or state law enforcement are responsible for prosecuting. Biden and his legal puppet, Garland, are sticking their noses where it does not belong.

This is 100% politics and sets a dangerous precedent IMO. Don't assume this decision won't be used against people you may sympathize with in the future. Think about that possibility and fashion your opinions accordingly.
David Webb reported today the FBI has set up an online and telephone reporting system. Anyone reported goes into a federal database. His concern was how innocent people can get their names removed and what the Feds will do with the information.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:44 pm
ModerateHokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:39 pm
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:34 am This was the guy that the left (and some RINOs) insisted was just a vanilla moderate when Obama wanted him on the SCOTUS.

AG Merrick Garland Orders FBI to Combat ‘Threats of Violence’ Against Public School Officials
So you are ok with people physically threatening publicly elected school boards?
Yours is a "have you stopped beating your wife?" type of question.

Say you want to watch Gunsmoke. Your wife wants to watch The Bachelor. You disagree. What if the FBI labeled that as "domestic violence"?

That's pretty much what's happening here.
You have ZERO idea what they are actually investigating. Answer the question: If someone threatened physical violence against a school board member, should they be prosecuted?
They should arrest the pedophiles rather than threatening the people outraged at them. Do you support pedophiles on the school board and them including pedophilia in the curriculum?
Gotcha. So you have no problem with the violent overthrow of our democratically elected bodies. This place is a cesspool and is probably being monitored. I'm out.
thus always to tyrants.

Whaaaaah~! I disagree with you so you must be a sewer! Whaaaaaah!

Good grief. :lol:

Other than ANTIFA, who has been violent?
Protect the brand, "moderate". :roll:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:47 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:44 pm
ModerateHokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:39 pm

So you are ok with people physically threatening publicly elected school boards?
Yours is a "have you stopped beating your wife?" type of question.

Say you want to watch Gunsmoke. Your wife wants to watch The Bachelor. You disagree. What if the FBI labeled that as "domestic violence"?

That's pretty much what's happening here.
thus always to tyrants.

Whaaaaah~! I disagree with you so you must be a sewer! Whaaaaaah!

Good grief. :lol:

Other than ANTIFA, who has been violent?
Protect the brand, "moderate". :roll:
This is the only actual assault I know about. There are probably others. Either way, it's something that local authorities should handle. It's not like there aren't laws against it, and people already in place to enforce the laws.

https://www.wsls.com/news/2021/08/17/te ... ry-school/
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

- Tell me, what do you do with parents who voice their opinion?
- Burn them!
- And what do you burn, apart from parents?
- More parents! - Wood!
- So why do parents burn?
- 'Cause they're made of wood? - Good!
- How do we tell if parents are made of wood? - Build a bridge out of them.
- But can you not also make bridges out of stone?
- Oh, yeah.
- Does wood sink in water?
- No, it floats. - Throw 'em into the pond!
- What also floats in water?
- Bread. - Apples.
- Very small rocks. - Cider! Great gravy.
- Cherries. Mud. - Churches.
- A duck!
- Exactly.
- So, logically--
- If they weigh the same as a duck...
- they're made of wood.
- And therefore?
- parents!
- A duck! A duck! - Here's a duck.
- We shaIl use my largest scales.
- Burn the parents!
- Remove the supports!
- parents!
- It's a fair cop.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 am This is the only actual assault I know about. There are probably others. Either way, it's something that local authorities should handle. It's not like there aren't laws against it, and people already in place to enforce the laws.

The underlying premise is that violence has "spiked"
I'm not seeing it.
Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Good job Senator Hawley!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep, just like the 9/11 jihadists, or Ft. Hood...Totally the same.

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

The NeverDrumpfing libtards must be scared little bitches to want FBI reinforcements at school board meetings. How weak must they be?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:57 pm Yep, just like the 9/11 jihadists, or Ft. Hood...Totally the same.

iNsURreCTiOn at school board meetings!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:59 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:57 pm Yep, just like the 9/11 jihadists, or Ft. Hood...Totally the same.

iNsURreCTiOn at school board meetings!
Ayup, those damn parents are trying to guide their own children and remove pedophiles from the school board.
images.png
images.png (90.05 KiB) Viewed 647 times
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:04 pm The NeverDrumpfing libtards must be scared little bitches to want FBI reinforcements at school board meetings. How weak must they be?
It's the national school board association that's driving this. They are trying to paint the protestors as domestic terrorists and the DoJ bit by responding with their letter/memo. They aren't looking for the FBI to be physically involved or present at meetings. They want the the protection of the Patriot Act's domestic terrorism provisions and FBI engagement in investigating them. It's essentially a threat -- "we're going to bring the weight of federal terrorism laws down on you if you don't stop".
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

WEHRedux wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:41 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:26 pm
ip_law-hokie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:25 pm

Don't be such a drama queen, Maude. Any illegality should be handled by local law enforcement officials. Not by the FBI, you putz. But hey, I'll mark you down as someone who is okay with the CONTINUED weaponization of Federal law enforcement agencies for political purposes.
He was right about the last part, Joe.

If someone breaks the law, then local or state law enforcement are responsible for prosecuting. Biden and his legal puppet, Garland, are sticking their noses where it does not belong.

This is 100% politics and sets a dangerous precedent IMO. Don't assume this decision won't be used against people you may sympathize with in the future. Think about that possibility and fashion your opinions accordingly.
David Webb reported today the FBI has set up an online and telephone reporting system. Anyone reported goes into a federal database. His concern was how innocent people can get their names removed and what the Feds will do with the information.

This is Gestapo goonery writ large.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

FB_IMG_1633533590404.jpg
FB_IMG_1633533590404.jpg (88.68 KiB) Viewed 621 times
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

This……..having all transactions over $600 reported to the IRS(if someone buys a guitar, the IRS should know about it)……and this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrew ... 0aac297c97

Boy……The Unusuals sure did pick a mOdaerAte…..

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:20 pm FB_IMG_1633533590404.jpg
Perfection……

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Parent-teacher conferences tonight.

I'm pleased to report that, (so far) there has been no "uptick" in violence toward me

Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This thread is amazing and sad.
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:40 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 am This is the only actual assault I know about. There are probably others. Either way, it's something that local authorities should handle. It's not like there aren't laws against it, and people already in place to enforce the laws.

The underlying premise is that violence has "spiked"
I'm not seeing it.
Here's the letter from the NSBA. They list a bunch of things they are concerned about. There is certainly a spike in the anger levels, I'm sure some ppl are taking it too far. Most of them appear to be angry parents, whose anger is disruptive to school board meetings. Not a whole lot of violence. I'm sure there are plenty of threats occurring. The violence and threats should be addressed and dealt with, and I'm guessing that they have been. The reference to domestic terrorism went way too far.

https://nsba.org/News/2021/federal-assistance-letter
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 pm SHOW - ME - THE - MONEY?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/merric ... zuckerberg
Gates is one of the most corrupt people on the planet