Not sure if anyone on here still touts LieVermectin

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HvilleHokie

Re: Not sure if anyone on here still touts LieVermectin

Post by HvilleHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:02 pm As it turned out, Ivermectin was/is very effective treating some of the symptoms and alleviating damage Covid wreaked. Did it "kill" Covid? No. Was it helpful for people who had caught Covid? Abso-freakin'-lutely. YMMV

Where do you see this? I’ve seen no indication that is effective against Covid at all.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:48 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:02 pm As it turned out, Ivermectin was/is very effective treating some of the symptoms and alleviating damage Covid wreaked. Did it "kill" Covid? No. Was it helpful for people who had caught Covid? Abso-freakin'-lutely. YMMV

Where do you see this? I’ve seen no indication that is effective against Covid at all.
re-read
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:21 am

re-read
Re-read what? Your post?

There is no indication it is effective for treating Covid or its symptoms. It just isn’t.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:29 am

re-read
Re-read what? Your post?

There is no indication it is effective for treating Covid or its symptoms. It just isn’t.
Covid attacked respiratory/circulatory systems. Ivermectin is documented to have helped w/ damage Covid did, while not killing the virus itself.
Salute the Marines
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:08 am

re-read
Re-read what? Your post?

Covid attacked respiratory/circulatory systems. Ivermectin is documented to have helped w/ damage Covid did, while not killing the virus itself.
Link?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:35 am

re-read
Re-read what? Your post?

Link?
https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin/

Analogy. Pot doesn’t cure cancer. But weed sure gave my brother in law comfort on his way out. Helped the nausea. No one is suggesting the FDA approve THC as a cure for nausea. Or cancer.

Immune systems get compromised. Some things help with the stuff that’s been compromised.

Things like ivermectin.

Time to step away from the “…buh-buh-buh dRUMpF~! said ____ so it has to be a lie and must be attacked!..” nonsense.
Salute the Marines
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:55 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:35 am
re-read
Re-read what? Your post?

Link?
https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin/

Analogy. Pot doesn’t cure cancer. But weed sure gave my brother in law comfort on his way out. Helped the nausea. No one is suggesting the FDA approve THC as a cure for nausea. Or cancer.

Immune systems get compromised. Some things help with the stuff that’s been compromised.

Things like ivermectin.

Time to step away from the “…buh-buh-buh dRUMpF~! said ____ so it has to be a lie and must be attacked!..” nonsense.

FLCCC :lol: :lol:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-ive ... ?r=US&IR=T
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Well, I see you didn’t read any of that, opting instead for a left wing opinion piece from a leftist rag by someone without medical training.

By doing, you’re suggesting the dozens and dozens of scientists and researchers cited are wrong

You’ll have to do better.
Ivermectin, better known for antiparasitic activity, is a broad spectrum antiviral with activity against many viruses including H7N7 Götz, Dengue Tay, Wagstaff, HIV-1 Wagstaff, Simian virus 40 Wagstaff (B), Zika Barrows, Yang, West Nile Yang, Yellow Fever Mastrangelo, Varghese, Japanese encephalitis Mastrangelo, Chikungunya Varghese, Semliki Forest virus Varghese, Human papillomavirus Li, Epstein-Barr Li, BK Polyomavirus Bennett, and Sindbis virus Varghese.
Ivermectin is an inhibitor of importin-α/β-dependent nuclear import of viral proteins Götz, Kosyna, Wagstaff, Wagstaff (B), a SARS-CoV-2 3CLpro inhibitor Mody, binds to glycan sites on the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein preventing interaction with blood and epithelial cells and inhibiting hemagglutination Boschi, exhibits dose-dependent inhibition of lung injury Abd-Elmawla, Ma, may inhibit SARS-CoV-2 induced formation of fibrin clots resistant to degradation Vottero, may minimize SARS-CoV-2 induced cardiac damage Liu, has immunomodulatory Munson and anti-inflammatory DiNicolantonio properties, and has an extensive and very positive safety profile Descotes.
We analyze all significant controlled studies of ivermectin treatment for COVID-19. Search methods, inclusion criteria, effect extraction criteria (more serious outcomes have priority), all individual study data, PRISMA answers, and statistical methods are detailed in Appendix 1. We present random effects meta-analysis results for all studies, studies within each treatment stage, mortality, ventilation, ICU admission, hospitalization, recovery, cases, viral clearance, peer-reviewed studies, Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs), and after exclusion of studies with critical bias.
Figure 2 shows stages of possible treatment for COVID-19. Prophylaxis refers to regularly taking medication before becoming sick, in order to prevent or minimize infection. Early Treatment refers to treatment immediately or soon after symptoms appear, while Late Treatment refers to more delayed treatment.

Figure 2. Treatment stages.
Preclinical Research
23 In Silico studies support the efficacy of ivermectin Alvarado, Aminpour, Bello, Chellasamy, Choudhury, Eweas, Francés-Monerris, Francés-Monerris (B), González-Paz, González-Paz (B), Kern, Lehrer, Muthusamy, Parvez, Qureshi, Rana, Saha, Schöning, Suravajhala, Swargiary, Udofia, Umar, Vottero.
17 In Vitro studies support the efficacy of ivermectin Boschi, Caly, Croci, De Forni, Delandre, Jeffreys, Jitobaom, Jitobaom (B), Li, Liu, Mody, Mountain Valley MD, Munson, Segatori, Surnar, Yesilbag, Zheng.
11 In Vivo animal studies support the efficacy of ivermectin Abd-Elmawla, Albariqi, Arévalo, Chaccour, de Melo, Errecalde, Ma, Madrid, Mountain Valley MD, Uematsu, Zheng.
5 studies investigate novel formulations of ivermectin that may be more effective for COVID-19 Albariqi, Albariqi (B), Chaccour, Errecalde, Mansour.
Preclinical research is an important part of the development of treatments, however results may be very different in clinical trials. Preclinical results are not used in this paper.
https://c19ivm.org/meta.html

Touche’

SPLC
The Atlantic
Vox
?????!
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

This study is null and void!!!!……….
Abstract
Introduction
In 2020, nations hastened to contain an emerging COVID-19 pandemic by deploying diverse public health approaches, but conclusive appraisals of the efficacy of these approaches are elusive in most cases. One of the medicines deployed, ivermectin (IVM), a macrocyclic lactone having biochemical activity against SARS-CoV-2 through competitive binding to its spike protein, has yielded mixed results in randomized clinical trials (RCTs) for COVID-19 treatments. In Peru, an opportunity to track the efficacy of IVM with a close consideration of confounding factors was provided through data for excess deaths as correlated with IVM use in 2020, under semi-autonomous policies in its 25 states.

Methods
To evaluate possible IVM treatment effects, excess deaths as determined from Peruvian national health data were analyzed by state for ages ≥60 in Peru’s 25 states. These data were compared with monthly summary data for excess deaths in Peru for the period 2020-2021 as published by the WHO in 2022. To identify potential confounding factors, Google mobility data, population densities, SARS-CoV-2 genetic variations, and seropositivity rates were also examined.

Results
Reductions in excess deaths over a period of 30 days after peak deaths averaged 74% in the 10 states with the most intensive IVM use. As determined across all 25 states, these reductions in excess deaths correlated closely with the extent of IVM use (p<0.002). During four months of IVM use in 2020, before a new president of Peru restricted its use, there was a 14-fold reduction in nationwide excess deaths and then a 13-fold increase in the two months following the restriction of IVM use. Notably, these trends in nationwide excess deaths align with WHO summary data for the same period in Peru.

Conclusions
The natural experiment that was put into motion with the authorization of IVM use for COVID-19 in Peru in May 2020, as analyzed using data on excess deaths by locality and by state from Peruvian national health sources, resulted in strong evidence for the drug's effectiveness. Several potential confounding factors, including effects of a social isolation mandate imposed in May 2020, variations in the genetic makeup of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and differences in seropositivity rates and population densities across the 25 states, were considered but did not appear to have significantly influenced these outcomes.
https://www.cureus.com/articles/172991 ... y-state#!/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

And the defenders of big government propaganda will just pretend like nothing ever happened

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:00 pm And the defenders of big government propaganda will just pretend like nothing ever happened
Calling my buddy Hillsville. Come in Hillsville.

"Mayo Clinic! :lol: :lol: " am I right?
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:00 am
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:00 pm And the defenders of big government propaganda will just pretend like nothing ever happened
Calling my buddy Hillsville. Come in Hillsville.

"Mayo Clinic! :lol: :lol: " am I right?

MD's like Peter McCullough never suggested Ivermectin as a prophylactic treatment as I recall. He stressed treatment for symptoms not prevention. He further stressed that the sooner you address the symptoms with a medical cocktail, the better. It was designed with the intent of reducing viral load and the resultant inflammation.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

^^yep^^
Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Speaking of the Mayo Clinic

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

LiEVerMeCTiN!!!!!!
(Dmytro “Henry” Aleksandrov, Headline USA) A new study discovered that people who tested positive for COVID-19 and took ivermectin as a treatment recovered faster than a comparison group.

According to a large study from the United Kingdom, the results of which were published by the Journal of Infection on Feb. 29, 2024, the time to self-reported recovery was a median of two days faster among the ivermectin recipients.

It was also revealed that the quicker recovery period was statistically significant.

In addition to that, people who received ivermectin were also less likely to be hospitalized or die. The study pointed out that 1.6% of ivermectin recipients were hospitalized or died versus 4% of the comparison group, which received typical care, which in the U.K. is largely focused on managing symptoms.

The study also found that ivermectin recipients enjoyed a reduction of severe symptoms and sustained recovery.

https://headlineusa.com/people-who-took ... tudy-says/