Do we have a "left wing censorship" thread?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Do we have a "left wing censorship" thread?

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:03 pm
HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:58 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:53 pm
HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:51 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:47 pm
HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:43 pm
You do this in 80% of threads. It’s hilarious.

How does your claim of “hero” status given to Kyle have anything to do with the bail issue? Dave’s point stands….in both of his posts.
There is a double standard, yet you have to somehow find a way to punch right.😂😂

Politics and ideology? This cherub was planning to shoot assassinate a mayoral candidate. Kyle was NOT planning on shooting anyone. It doesn’t matter if you believe he shouldn’t have been there. He was. He had family(dad) in the local area. You are putting blame on him, when he had every right to be there. Some of the protestors there were from out of state. The guy who got his bicep blown off was from Illinois. Did he have a right to be there? Kyle had spent the day(and I believe previous) serving the community by cleaning up graffiti and picking up debris left from the riots.

Did you even watch the trial and understand the implications if he had been found guilty? The prosecution was overzealous, lied and even violated constitutional precedent. I’m not propping him up as a “hero”, but I’m damn glad he wasn’t convicted, and I cheered when the verdict was read.
He was propped up as a hero by the right. Go back and look. I agreed with the verdict. But the right did give him hero status. A simple google search will show that.

And again…. 17 year old HS kids don’t need to be at this type of event and have a gun. Had common sense been used, he wouldn’t have been there and 3 people wouldn’t be dead. Yes… he used it in self defense. But it never should have happened in the first place.
Google search……good grief. As if Google can read the hearts and minds of every person who holds to conservative values and it applies to everyone who was invested in the outcome of this case.

And again, it doesn’t matter what you think. He WAS there. I’ve watched the trial. I’ve seen post trial interviews. I would trust the kid with a gun over some people I know who actually have them.
Denial looks so cute in you guys.

The right made him out to be a hero. He’s not a hero.

Not sure why y’all argue against that.
If anyone is cute 80, it’s you. Maybe some view him as a hero after the summer of love killed multiple people and caused almost $2B in damage. I can certainly understand that viewpoint.

And if we get another summer of love…….I’m betting you will see more people like Kyle standing up to protect their communities.
Vigilantism is never cute.

Self-defense does not make
Someone a hero.

17 year old kid should never be traveling to another state with a gun to be at a potential riot. Period.

This isn’t rocket science.

I’ll protect myself and my property if I have to. But I’m not going to deliberately travel to a conflict.

Offering the kid an internship in Congress after this?

Come on. Seriously.
Who said vigilantism is cute?

Depends on the situation.

Show me the law stating he couldn’t. He didn’t break any laws.

You’re right. It isn’t. Your just punching right in a thread about censorship….and the obvious double standard used by the left with regards to fundraising for bail.

And that’s your choice.

So what?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Left wing censorship. --------------->>Stay focused!

(it isn't vigilantism when someone protects property during an active iNsUrReCtIOn~!)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:43 pm
You do this in 80% of threads. It’s hilarious.

How does your claim of “hero” status given to Kyle have anything to do with the bail issue? Dave’s point stands….in both of his posts.
There is a double standard, yet you have to somehow find a way to punch right.😂😂

Politics and ideology? This cherub was planning to shoot assassinate a mayoral candidate. Kyle was NOT planning on shooting anyone. It doesn’t matter if you believe he shouldn’t have been there. He was. He had family(dad) in the local area. You are putting blame on him, when he had every right to be there. Some of the protestors there were from out of state. The guy who got his bicep blown off was from Illinois. Did he have a right to be there? Kyle had spent the day(and I believe previous) serving the community by cleaning up graffiti and picking up debris left from the riots.

Did you even watch the trial and understand the implications if he had been found guilty? The prosecution was overzealous, lied and even violated constitutional precedent. I’m not propping him up as a “hero”, but I’m damn glad he wasn’t convicted, and I cheered when the verdict was read.
He was propped up as a hero by the right. Go back and look. I agreed with the verdict. But the right did give him hero status. A simple google search will show that.

And again…. 17 year old HS kids don’t need to be at this type of event and have a gun. Had common sense been used, he wouldn’t have been there and 3 people wouldn’t be dead. Yes… he used it in self defense. But it never should have happened in the first place.
Google search……good grief. As if Google can read the hearts and minds of every person who holds to conservative values and it applies to everyone who was invested in the outcome of this case.

And again, it doesn’t matter what you think. He WAS there. I’ve watched the trial. I’ve seen post trial interviews. I would trust the kid with a gun over some people I know who actually have them.

If anyone is cute 80, it’s you. Maybe some view him as a hero after the summer of love killed multiple people and caused almost $2B in damage. I can certainly understand that viewpoint.

And if we get another summer of love…….I’m betting you will see more people like Kyle standing up to protect their communities.

Someone a hero.

17 year old kid should never be traveling to another state with a gun to be at a potential riot. Period.

I’ll protect myself and my property if I have to. But I’m not going to deliberately travel to a conflict.

Come on. Seriously.

Does George Zimmerman ring a bell?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Florida Hokie wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:15 pm

Someone a hero.

Come on. Seriously.

Does George Zimmerman ring a bell?
He was a HuWhite Hispanic mind you, so different rules!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Mostly peaceful murder attempt………

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:59 am It could grow as long as the one on Biden being nuts.

The gun activist guy that then tried to murder a mayoral candidate. Tweet about that, and you may get perma-banned. :shock:

The Twit will not tolerate dissension from left wing dogma.

(click in to this to see the full pic on twit)
This thread should be censored for stupidity and topic jumping. Come on BigDave!!!! Do your job.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:09 pm This thread should be censored for stupidity and topic jumping. Come on BigDave!!!! Do your job.
+1

8-)

Focus, people! focus! The topic is leftist censorships.
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:48 pm Mostly peaceful murder attempt………

That's different.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:17 pm

That's different.
Yet some dupes say the MoT is unbiased and don’t have an agenda……

They are the enemy of the people.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:54 pm

That's different.

I don't get it. Rittenhouse was 17 y/o, and when you're 17 in Wisconsin, you're tried as an adult.
For the KC shooters, they are 16 y/o, and tried as minors, which means their identities are protected.

It's not confusing.....
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:41 pm

That's different.

I don't get it. Rittenhouse was 17 y/o, and when you're 17 in Wisconsin, you're tried as an adult.
For the KC shooters, they are 16 y/o, and tried as minors, which means their identities are protected.

It's not confusing.....
This incident will receive 1% of the coverage of Rittenhouse, because it doesn’t fit the narrative. The two adults who were involved won’t have their mug shots posted all over the MoT.

Ann Coulter was right….and this was before it was known who did the shooting.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:18 pm

That's different.

It's not confusing.....
This incident will receive 1% of the coverage of Rittenhouse, because it doesn’t fit the narrative. The two adults who were involved won’t have their mug shots posted all over the MoT.

Oh wait! I was wrong…………. :roll:
Family of Kansas City shooting suspect Lyndell Mays posts GoFundMe to get him through ‘tragic time’
https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/us-news/f ... e-for-him/

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

That's different.

It's not confusing.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wrong again!

The incident got craploads of coverage, and continues to. Names, and the mug shot of the guy who isn't still in the hospital, have been released.

And of course the Rittenhouse shooting got tons of attention. It was a BLM riot and the whole thing was videotaped.

The only interesting about the KC murder is that it was at a super bowl parade. The 2 idiots involved are your typical gangster wannabe morons.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

That's different.

It's not confusing.....

+1

we said the same thing here
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm

That's different.

It's not confusing.....

The incident got craploads of coverage, and continues to. Names, and the mug shot of the guy who isn't still in the hospital, have been released.

And of course the Rittenhouse shooting got tons of attention. It was a BLM riot and the whole thing was videotaped.

The only interesting about the KC murder is that it was at a super bowl parade. The 2 idiots involved are your typical gangster wannabe morons.
………and DC thinks this will get more coverage than Rittenhouse.

Wrong! This will slip out of the headlines and won’t be talked about by Friday.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 am

That's different.

It's not confusing.....

^^^^^ This is the kind of stupidity I get every day.

I say, "of course the Rittenhouse shooting got tons of attention. It was a BLM riot and the whole thing was videotaped. "

^^^^ this indicates my reasoning on why Rittenhouse got so much coverage.

and "The only interesting about the KC murder is that it was at a super bowl parade. "

^^^^ This indicates that I don't think the KC murder is interesting at all, ie it's not going to be in the headlines for long, and for good reason.

You literally said I would think something, that is the exact opposite of what I wrote.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:07 am
HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 am

It's not confusing.....

^^^^^ This is the kind of stupidity I get every day.

I say, "of course the Rittenhouse shooting got tons of attention. It was a BLM riot and the whole thing was videotaped. "

^^^^ this indicates my reasoning on why Rittenhouse got so much coverage.

and "The only interesting about the KC murder is that it was at a super bowl parade. "

^^^^ This indicates that I don't think the KC murder is interesting at all, ie it's not going to be in the headlines for long, and for good reason.

You literally said I would think something, that is the exact opposite of what I wrote.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
There’s plenty of crimes that are captured on video today. Some get more attention than others and it’s the ones that push the narrative that get the coverage.

It’s that simple. :roll: