LOL.. Having voted for this VP might be even worse than voting for tcg

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
VisorBoy

Re: LOL.. Having voted for this VP might be even worse than voting for tcg

Post by VisorBoy »

RiverguyVT wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:10 am
VisorBoy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:12 pm That's the racism. Right there. Couldn't have said it any more straightforwardly.

She was qualified to be VP. That's why she was hired. Saying it was because of race or sex is treating her differently than you do every other VP candidate who's ever lived and who is not a different race or sex.

It also implies she is not qualified for the job.
That's the racism. Right there. Couldn't have said it any more straightforwardly.

No, that isn't racism.

She was qualified to be VP.

She isn't remotely qualified. Anyone that has ever listened to her speak knows this. She's never done anything.

That's why she was hired.
She was hired because she's black, and because she's a woman. To people that think like you do, her sex and her color ARE qualifications. They are not. They are attributes but not qualifications. One has nothing at all to do with the other. To confuse color and sex with qualification is itself a form of bigotry and racism.

Saying it was because of race or sex is treating her differently than you do every other VP candidate who's ever lived and who is not a different race or sex.
No, saying it was because of race and sex is stating the obvious, given the lack of character and intellectual and idea-based qualifications.

It also implies she is not qualified for the job.
Imply nothing. She is not qualified for the job. Period.

It is racist of you to look only at race, and not character. Refusal to criticize a black person, or woman, because they are black (or a woman) is bigotry.
She was a sitting senator with an immaculate career resume. You don't like her for her politics, but it's unreasonable to suggest she is not qualified for the job. In fact, that begs the question what you think the qualifications for VP are in the first place. And the racism comes in because you apply a standard to her that is not applied to any other VP, all of whom were white and male.

You see, every person of color and every woman who is selected for a prominent role has an additional hurdle to climb that white men do not have because of comments like these. This is part of white privilege, by the way, so I thank you for providing another example to discuss (Rooney Rule previously addressed). When a white man is considered for a job, his race or gender are never mentioned as reasons why he's being considered. Quayle, Cheney, even Palin: they did not have to deal with questions about their race. However, when a POC or woman is selected, you jump right to the "race, gender" as reasons the person was selected. Do you see where the inequality lies in this dichotomy? Do you see how you are judging people differently based on their race and gender?

The same thing is at play when you think a person is not qualified for their job. "They only got it because they're a woman." As if the President didn't think the person he selected for VP was qualified...
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:28 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:23 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:13 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:10 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:12 pm
VisorBoy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:53 pm

That is racist.
No. It’s not. It is by you wokies,
It plainly is racist to suggest that someone got the position they have because of their race and not because of their qualifications.
And we know that is why she got the job……just like the next SCOtUS appointment…….
Sure, if you're going to say that, among all qualified candidates, she was considered because she had a different background (and hence perspective) than other candidates and other people in the administration, go ahead.

But when you say that someone is a diversity hire, it implies (and you've since explicitly stated) that the person of color is not qualified. It is extremely derogatory.
I would suggest there were far more qualified people for the job.

She was picked to get several demographics.

Women. African Americans and Indians. And people who sleep their way to the top.
To be fair, "picked to get several demographics", is a pretty solid qualification, wrt VP candidates.

Obama/Biden - Obama - young, black vote; Biden - old, white vote
McCain/Palin - female vote
Clinton/Kaine - Clinton (ordained forever!); Kaine - male vote
Trump/Pence - Pence - conservative, christian vote (also happened to be politically qualified, and a decent VP).
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

HokieFanDC wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:02 am

It plainly is racist to suggest that someone got the position they have because of their race and not because of their qualifications.
And we know that is why she got the job……just like the next SCOtUS appointment…….
Sure, if you're going to say that, among all qualified candidates, she was considered because she had a different background (and hence perspective) than other candidates and other people in the administration, go ahead.

But when you say that someone is a diversity hire, it implies (and you've since explicitly stated) that the person of color is not qualified. It is extremely derogatory.

Women. African Americans and Indians. And people who sleep their way to the top.
To be fair, "picked to get several demographics", is a pretty solid qualification, wrt VP candidates.

Trump/Pence - Pence - conservative, christian vote (also happened to be politically qualified, and a decent VP).
This underscores my point. Do you remember anyone saying Biden was unqualified and only picked because he was old and white? Or Pence?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:lol: :lol:
No it isn’t
That’s ridiculous
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VisorBoy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:44 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:30 am
VisorBoy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:09 pm What didn't you understand? I answered your question.
You didn't remotely answer the question.

Answer it. (Or, are you going to do your usual drive by self-righteous (which is a sin) indignation, give an unrelated speech and leave?). <---That is your M.O. here.

Answer the question:
Is it?

Is it any more racist than advancing the attitude that blacks need you to look out for them, that they are incapable without your help?
From where I sit, your world view (in blue, just above) is pretty damn racist.

A simple yes or no would suffice.
Answer.
You didn't like my answer perhaps, but it's there. Tell me what you don't understand about it.

You didn’t answer the question
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

VisorBoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:05 am

This underscores my point. Do you remember anyone saying Biden was unqualified and only picked because he was old and white? Or Pence?
On Biden? Certainly there were plenty of Pubs that said he wasn't qualified. And while I don't think anyone came out and said he was picked b/c he was white, it is almost certain that Obama was going to pick a white person, and probably a male.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

HokieFanDC wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:13 am

On Biden? Certainly there were plenty of Pubs that said he wasn't qualified. And while I don't think anyone came out and said he was picked b/c he was white, it is almost certain that Obama was going to pick a white person, and probably a male.
I don't recall anyone saying both statements. If you know of any, please share. If an equally qualified (or unqualified) white woman was selected, you would've heard the chants that she was selected because she was a woman. Don't believe me? Read this thread.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:08 am
VisorBoy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:09 pm What didn't you understand? I answered your question.

Answer it. (Or, are you going to do your usual drive by self-righteous (which is a sin) indignation, give an unrelated speech and leave?). <---That is your M.O. here.

Answer the question:
Is it?

Is it any more racist than advancing the attitude that blacks need you to look out for them, that they are incapable without your help?

Answer.
You didn't like my answer perhaps, but it's there. Tell me what you don't understand about it.

I'm sorry it wasn't clearer. It is not racist to suggest that the proprietors of systems that produce different racial outcomes are necessary participants in any effort to change said systems.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:13 am

It was the nutty progressives who said he got the nomination because he was HuWhite…….
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

VisorBoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:19 am

Answer the question:
Is it?

Answer.

I'm sorry it wasn't clearer. It is not racist to suggest that the proprietors of systems that produce different racial outcomes are necessary participants in any effort to change said systems.
VB bleeeeeeds Kendi…….

This is the absurdity of the leftist mind.

If you discriminate in hiring a minority, THAT is raaaaacist!

If you are only going to hire a minority because of some manufactured system(capitalism is the target here people), then that is NOT racist.

It’s lunacy.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VisorBoy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:57 pm She was a sitting senator with an immaculate career resume. You don't like her for her politics, but it's unreasonable to suggest she is not qualified for the job. In fact, that begs the question what you think the qualifications for VP are in the first place. And the racism comes in because you apply a standard to her that is not applied to any other VP, all of whom were white and male.

You see, every person of color and every woman who is selected for a prominent role has an additional hurdle to climb that white men do not have because of comments like these. This is part of white privilege, by the way, so I thank you for providing another example to discuss (Rooney Rule previously addressed). When a white man is considered for a job, his race or gender are never mentioned as reasons why he's being considered. Quayle, Cheney, even Palin: they did not have to deal with questions about their race. However, when a POC or woman is selected, you jump right to the "race, gender" as reasons the person was selected. Do you see where the inequality lies in this dichotomy? Do you see how you are judging people differently based on their race and gender?

The same thing is at play when you think a person is not qualified for their job. "They only got it because they're a woman." As if the President didn't think the person he selected for VP was qualified...
Sometimes I think you just have to be a parody account. But then I realize you've been like this a long time (and getting worse) and conclude that, no, you're real. LOL
I'll give your word-salad leftist sloganeering a shot.

She was a sitting senator with an immaculate career resume. - And no legislative accomplishments to point to. None. And I'm being very kind when I say her career resume is "checkered" and not at all "immaculate".

You don't like her for her politics, but it's unreasonable to suggest she is not qualified for the job.
You're right, I absolutely abhor her politics. And you're wrong, there is nothing at all unreasonable about suggesting she is not qualified for the job. To suggest it is unreasonable, is, itself, unreasonable. :idea: You think it is unreasonable to examine her because she's black. I don't think her race matters an iota when the arena of ideas are being examined. You do. That makes one of us a racist, and it isn't me.

In fact, that begs the question (sic) what you think the qualifications for VP are in the first place. . Looking past the improper use of "begs the question", the qualifications for a VP are varied, but certainly go beyond a color-first consideration. For what you call a "immaculate career resume" it looks like there'd be accomplishment from that resume to put forth. Do you really think her DA experience was a positive one for the citizens to whom she was accountable? You'd be in the minority. As AG? How about how she got in politics in the first place? Nothing immaculate about that at all; in fact, it is disgusting.

And the racism comes in because you apply a standard to her that is not applied to any other VP, all of whom were white and male.

That is utter bullshit. Untrue. And insulting. I expect an apology. When people like you, with your ideology, see everything as raayyycist... then nothing is racist. When everything is racist, nothing is. And ironically, such a view (again) makes you the racist because you only see things through a lens of what others' skin colors are. That is the very definition of racism. Ironically, though you seem like a well-meaning dude, you're a well-meaning racist.

It is the very FACT that I apply the same criteria to her as I do to others, that bugs you.

You see, every person of color and every woman who is selected for a prominent role has an additional hurdle to climb that white men do not have because of comments like these
Utter nonsense. Again, you see POCs and women (and LBGHTSRQs) as victims needing your protection. This is called a plantation mentality. They cannot survive without your support.

There is no "extra hurdle" in 2022. There was in 1950. Sure. I'll buy that. The ONLY hurdle is the one of merit based on accomplishment or ideas. Period.

This is part of white privilege, by the way, so I thank you for providing another example to discuss (Rooney Rule previously addressed). When a white man is considered for a job, his race or gender are never mentioned as reasons why he's being considered.
I don't know if there are enough eye-roll emojis in the basket for ^this^ one.
When a white man is considered for (most jobs) he is considered on the same basis as the black, blue, red, green or yellow man. Ideas. Accomplishments.
What is ironic on your part though, is pointing out the obvious. No white man is going to be elected because he is filling some sort of quota. "We need more whites!" is never a reason. In fact, being white is as likely to be an impediment.

Quayle, Cheney, even Palin: they did not have to deal with questions about their race.
Because none of their supporters were race-first supporters. They did face questions about accomplishments and ideas. Your implication is that questions about character, ideas, and accomplishments should only be made when evaluating whites. Not black. Blacks, in your view, should not have to answer to such things. They're black. So it is all okay and "unreasonable" to think otherwise.

However, when a POC or woman is selected, you jump right to the "race, gender" as reasons the person was selected.
Well, if the people choosing them are saying they will choose because "race, gender" only, then yeah... it is reasonable to say said person was chosen because of race and gender. And that is exactly what Biden said.

Do you see where the inequality lies in this dichotomy? Do you see how you are judging people differently based on their race and gender?.
Yes! I do see it, but it isn't MY dichotomy. I don't see it in myself, because it doesn't exist.
But you don't. It is you (and those who think like you) that create that dichotomy. You came right out and said you judge people differently based on race and gender. And you do. So do Biden's handlers. That is the very definition of racism. Part of me wants to say F*ck you for calling me a racist, absent any evidence and based only upon your Khendi-style brain washing. I am calling you racist, and backing it up.

And again. If the notion is put forth that only a person that is a woman will be qualified, then, yes... that person gets the job because they are a woman (or black, or blue, or red, or yellow...). Qualifying based on an external attribute like color, sex, or quality of dentures is stupid. Qualifying based on merit, ideas and character are not.

A white male protestant would have faced those extra hurdles you're so worried about. Even if his ideology fit hand-in-glove. For something like the vice-presidency, or the Supreme Court, skin color won't have mattered an iota 100 years from now, but ideas, merit and character would have. But people like you are so focused on what's not important, the things that ARE important get shoved aside for the unimportant. Nothing good comes from that.

The irony is that by trying sooo hard to not be racist, people that think your way are incredibly racist. Well meaning, but racist. And horribly detrimental to our (collective) futures.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Answer the question:
Is it?

Answer.

Still refusing to answer.
And that sentence above, in your post, is the stupidest word salad BS I've seen here in quite some time.

"Proprietors of systems"... lol

Daggone if Ham wasn't dead-on just above. You're going after free exchange between voluntary participants that have the goal of mutual benefit.

Electroshock may help
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:46 am

Answer the question:
Is it?

Answer.

Still refusing to answer.
And that sentence above, in your post, is the stupidest word salad BS I've seen here in quite some time.

"Proprietors of systems"... lol

Daggone if Ham wasn't dead-on just above. You're going after free exchange between voluntary participants that have the goal of mutual benefit.

Electroshock may help
Yup. Systems…..Privilege…….etc.

Enlightening…..now I know why he wouldn’t answer the question posed to him.
He’s in this utter racist garbage because of self loathing. I’m sure his church is steeped in the woke too…….

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:39 am Yup. Systems…..Privilege…….etc.

Enlightening…..now I know why he wouldn’t answer the question posed to him.
He’s in this utter racist garbage because of self loathing. I’m sure his church is steeped in the woke too…….
I liked the "proprietors" bit. I don't just engage in trade, I own everyone else's ability to freely exchange for their own benefit. I own that process. :lol: :lol: All because I'm a 59+ bald male with a pinkish skin hue. LOL

It is a mental illness borne in delusion, leftism is.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

here's a sound bite proving that our VP is immensely qualified for the position she now holds.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:49 pm here's a sound bite proving that our VP is immensely qualified for the position she now holds.

Thank heaven for Kamala. Now, the entire country (the US is a country that is not in Europe and not next to Ukraine and/or Russia) can have a worthwhile discussion on how to deal with this crisis!!!!
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:56 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:49 pm here's a sound bite proving that our VP is immensely qualified for the position she now holds.

Thank heaven for Kamala. Now, the entire country (the US is a country that is not in Europe and not next to Ukraine and/or Russia) can have a worthwhile discussion on how to deal with this crisis!!!!
Did y’all know that Puerto Rico was an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” 😀
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

hokie80 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:36 am
Did y’all know that Puerto Rico was an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” 😀
THREAD HIJACK- For my upcoming trip to Canada (planning still coming together, doing map work) I'm contemplating camping one night on an island that is in a 5mi long lake, that is on an island that is on a lake.

An island on a lake on an island on a lake. 8-) Just because I'm goofy like that.

(Kong, that big lake on the northern 11 o'clock of Rene Levasseur)
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

There’s another clip of her reading a speech that looks like she just made it up on the fly…..

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

What the…….

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:31 pm What the…….
I like the one embedded in this article better. Harris nails it at the 2:25 mark.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... cracy.html
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

The Extraordinary Vapidity of Kamala Harris
Cometh the hour, cometh the bromide. One never likes to say “never,” but, at this rate, it is going to be impossible for capable dunces such as Madison Cawthorn and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez even to compete with Harris in the inanity stakes. She is a wonder, a phenom, a once-in-a-generation prodigy, and to keep her crown indefinitely, she’ll need only to remember that it is time for her to keep doing what she has been doing, and that time is every day.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/03/ ... la-harris/

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

It is incredible that anyone here would argue that this woman is at all competent. She isn't.

That has nothing at all to do with her being part black. It does, however, have everything to do with her being chosen simply because she's part black, though.
Salute the Marines