Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: How much is too much?

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:18 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:30 pm
fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:19 pm
I'm not sure if I know your friend. Let's just call her Majorie. You can tell Majorie that Turkey is a weapons exporter, like the US, France, England, and up-until-2022 Russia.

Turkey has been playing both sides to an extent, but made a hard break away from Russia once Wagner marched on Moscow in a sign of Putin's weakness. They approved NATO expansion as we picked up Sweeden from free agency.

One key detail is that this isn't just arms delivery, but turkey is co-operating a plant in Ukraine.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine ... ar-1811895

This is really important, because the US has thus far insisted that weapons provided via lend/lease only be used in temporarily occupied Ukraine, e.g. Crimea, Donbas, etc. Ukraine wants to be able to strike inside Russia-proper to avenge attacks from Russia. They will be able to do this with their own weapons. So when Russia uses Iranian drones to attack Kiev, they get incoming drone attacks in Moscow. When Putin bombs Odessa, Zelensky will be able to bomb St Petersburg. The goal is to arm Ukraine in the same way that the west has armed Israel to protect it from its neighbors at least until we get Ukraine in NATO and all this stops for good.

Not sure if you saw, but Ukrainian manufactured drones blew up the Russian<->Crimea bridge again last night. Putin and his spokespeople promised armageddon to Ukraine if any harm were to come of this bridge, but it's been blown up twice now and all Putin can do is commit his daily warm crimes of bombing Ukrainian apartment buildings, etc.

Putin said today he is ending the grain deal that Turkey brokered, so Turkey's offer to protect Ukrainian grain shipments with Turkish navy vessels may be put into practice in the near future. Expect some empty threats from Putin that he will attack Turkish naval vessels...a risk putin will not take as he knows the reaction would be devastating.
Yay, WWIII!!!!!!
Pure insanity.
Are you concerned about US and Russian soldiers actively engaging in direct conflict or are you concerned about lend/lease operating in Ukraine?
Lend/Lease was a WWII program. 1941-45. Dumping un-accounted for $billions$ into Ukraine without any control, checks, or balances in place and then ex post facto calling it a program from 1941 is stupid. Lipstick on a pig.

Yes, a 2022 act took on the name of the old one. It is not the same.

I'm concerned about escalation. I'm concerned that the people currently running the US are idiots. No. Strike that. Idiots that hate their own country so much that protecting this country is the last thing on their minds. I'm concerned (see other link) that the corrupt CIA is lost. I'm concerned that our weekend at Bernie's president is completely compromised by past deeds in Ukraine, and so cannot act in good faith for our nation. Ditto China. I'm concerned with the modern Pentagon leadership, which has proven to be incompetent at just about everything they've done in the last decade. Milley especially.

I'm concerned that Russia has the largest nuclear stockpile in the world and if Putin is indeed as deranged as you claim he is, he might just use them.

Biden's handlers already have him sending 3000 of our soldiers to Europe to support this nonsense.

It isn't our war.
We are not the world's policeman.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:36 pm
fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:18 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:30 pm
fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:19 pm
I'm not sure if I know your friend. Let's just call her Majorie. You can tell Majorie that Turkey is a weapons exporter, like the US, France, England, and up-until-2022 Russia.

Turkey has been playing both sides to an extent, but made a hard break away from Russia once Wagner marched on Moscow in a sign of Putin's weakness. They approved NATO expansion as we picked up Sweeden from free agency.

One key detail is that this isn't just arms delivery, but turkey is co-operating a plant in Ukraine.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine ... ar-1811895

This is really important, because the US has thus far insisted that weapons provided via lend/lease only be used in temporarily occupied Ukraine, e.g. Crimea, Donbas, etc. Ukraine wants to be able to strike inside Russia-proper to avenge attacks from Russia. They will be able to do this with their own weapons. So when Russia uses Iranian drones to attack Kiev, they get incoming drone attacks in Moscow. When Putin bombs Odessa, Zelensky will be able to bomb St Petersburg. The goal is to arm Ukraine in the same way that the west has armed Israel to protect it from its neighbors at least until we get Ukraine in NATO and all this stops for good.

Not sure if you saw, but Ukrainian manufactured drones blew up the Russian<->Crimea bridge again last night. Putin and his spokespeople promised armageddon to Ukraine if any harm were to come of this bridge, but it's been blown up twice now and all Putin can do is commit his daily warm crimes of bombing Ukrainian apartment buildings, etc.

Putin said today he is ending the grain deal that Turkey brokered, so Turkey's offer to protect Ukrainian grain shipments with Turkish navy vessels may be put into practice in the near future. Expect some empty threats from Putin that he will attack Turkish naval vessels...a risk putin will not take as he knows the reaction would be devastating.
Yay, WWIII!!!!!!
Pure insanity.
Are you concerned about US and Russian soldiers actively engaging in direct conflict or are you concerned about lend/lease operating in Ukraine?
Lend/Lease was a WWII program. 1941-45. Dumping un-accounted for $billions$ into Ukraine without any control, checks, or balances in place and then ex post facto calling it a program from 1941 is stupid. Lipstick on a pig.

Yes, a 2022 act took on the name of the old one. It is not the same.

I'm concerned about escalation. I'm concerned that the people currently running the US are idiots. No. Strike that. Idiots that hate their own country so much that protecting this country is the last thing on their minds. I'm concerned (see other link) that the corrupt CIA is lost. I'm concerned that our weekend at Bernie's president is completely compromised by past deeds in Ukraine, and so cannot act in good faith for our nation. Ditto China. I'm concerned with the modern Pentagon leadership, which has proven to be incompetent at just about everything they've done in the last decade. Milley especially.

I'm concerned that Russia has the largest nuclear stockpile in the world and if Putin is indeed as deranged as you claim he is, he might just use them.

Biden's handlers already have him sending 3000 of our soldiers to Europe to support this nonsense.

It isn't our war.
We are not the world's policeman.
I'm so happy that you acknowledge than our current Lend/Lease is merely yet another example of a very successful project. It's the same.

You are concerned about escalation with Russia. Me too. I find American soldiers obliterating dozens of russian soldiers in direct conflict to be much more of an escalation risk than lend/lease supporting Ukraine's defense from occupation.

Everything else you typed can be summarized by saying you don't like joe Biden, which is fine. It's not backed up by specific issues, you just don't personally like the guy.

I've never said Putin is deranged, I've argued he is a rational actor. He is evil, he is a war criminal, but he is pragmatic. That's why he will pack up from Ukraine once its clear he has no option to win. As a dictator he can declare victory and say he demilitarized Ukraine whenever he wants. Right now he is counting on a friendly being elected in the US or the West tiring of the war. That's his only hope.

I'm really concerned about Biden due to his age, but his handlers do a hell of a job. You believe the US has 3000 too many troops in the mid-east and Europe. I think we probably have 20k too many troops in that region. We should lend/lease to Ukraine's brave fighters and get the hell out of these other areas.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:47 pm I'm so happy that you acknowledge than our current Lend/Lease is merely yet another example of a very successful project. It's the same.

You are concerned about escalation with Russia. Me too. I find American soldiers obliterating dozens of russian soldiers in direct conflict to be much more of an escalation risk than lend/lease supporting Ukraine's defense from occupation.

Everything else you typed can be summarized by saying you don't like joe Biden, which is fine. It's not backed up by specific issues, you just don't personally like the guy.

I've never said Putin is deranged, I've argued he is a rational actor. He is evil, he is a war criminal, but he is pragmatic. That's why he will pack up from Ukraine once its clear he has no option to win. As a dictator he can declare victory and say he demilitarized Ukraine whenever he wants. Right now he is counting on a friendly being elected in the US or the West tiring of the war. That's his only hope.

I'm really concerned about Biden due to his age, but his handlers do a hell of a job. You believe the US has 3000 too many troops in the mid-east and Europe. I think we probably have 20k too many troops in that region. We should lend/lease to Ukraine's brave fighters and get the hell out of these other areas.
:lol:
Fatman, I hope I never come across as angry or mad at you. There is no "dislike" going on. I know we disagry on almost everything political (?except Youngkin?), but please read my posts as if I'm not angry.

Here's my thought on this post. You can't take almost the exact opposite of what I've said, say I said it, and then say we agree, hoss.
I'm so happy that you acknowledge than our current Lend/Lease is merely yet another example of a very successful project. It's the same.
Our current Lend/Lease with Ukraine is a clusterphuck. As I said above, it is almost nothing like the 1940s version. It is not the 1940s act. It is a 2022 act that unreasonably carries the same name as the 1940s one. That is where any similarity ends. As I've said a million times. There is no lending. There is no leasing. There were both in the 1940s. There is none now. It is just a give-away to a country rife with corruption, instability, grift and chaos -2020s Ukraine. 1940s Britain was none of those things. We don't know where the stuff goes, who gets it, or how it is used. There are zero checks and balances. It is NOT the same.
Wrooooonnnggg. This is not a matter of "like" or "dislike". What's not backed up? That money went from Ukraine to the Biden crime family? Yes it is. That money went from China to the Biden crime family? Yes it is. Don't confuse "well, it wasn't prosecuted by hard leftists, found guilty by hard leftists, so it is just a rumor" with reality. And no, please do not invoke q-AnOn.
I've never said Putin is deranged, I've argued he is a rational actor. He is evil, he is a war criminal, but he is pragmatic. That's why he will pack up from Ukraine once it's clear he has no option to win. As a dictator he can declare victory and say he demilitarized Ukraine whenever he wants. Right now he is counting on a friendly being elected in the US or the West tiring of the war. That's his only hope.
I'm not going to go back and look, because it really doesn't matter. If you never called Putin insane, and I said you did, I apologize. If you think Russia will back off of Ukraine, you're mistaken. I'm linking a VDH opinion piece that describes Russia's war history from a man very well versed in military histories of the world. Russia plays long game, and attrition.

As for "a friendly being elected" I assume you mean dRuMpF or Tucker Carlson. LOL. Don't eat that pablum. Trump isn't a Putin friendly. :roll: The huge number of today's democrats are essentially marxists/leninists....so there's your "friendlies". I attended the UofR speech with Gorbachev and the leftists (democrats) were all googly-eyed in love. LOL.

As such, I throw the "bullshit!" flag and laugh every time a US liberal claims R's are Russia-friendly. It is horribly un-self-aware.
A hell of a job!? Holy smokes! What color glasses are you wearing???? Every. Single. Thing. this admin has touched has turned to absolute excrement. Everything. This admin has been an unmitigated disaster and an existential threat to our very existence as a sovereign nation. Every. Single. Thing.

All that said, fatman, we could have a few beers someday like Obama, the cop, and the racist did. 8-)

Read not only this, but any of the dozens of articles VDH has written on Ukraine/Russia.

https://amgreatness.com/2023/07/16/have ... ay-of-war/

"I think I am not exaggerating when I say that the campaign against Russia has been won in fourteen days.”

-General Franz Halder, June, 1941, Chief of Staff, Oberbefehlshaber des Heeres
We now know how ^that^ went...
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Zelensky, Pentagon Acknowledge Counteroffensive Had To Be "Paused" Amid Losses

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... mid-losses

....The losses have also slowed because the counteroffensive itself has slowed — and even halted in places — as Ukrainian soldiers struggle against Russia’s formidable defenses. And despite the losses, the Ukrainians have so far taken just five of the 60 miles they hope to cover to reach the sea in the south and split the Russian forces in two.

....This after admitting that only within the first couple weeks of the counteroffensive Ukraine forces lost some 20% of the weaponry newly supplied by the West, including tanks and armored vehicles.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

It is just money. Don't be a Putin lover. rOi

Print more, right? We are "Lending" :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Ukraine another $1.3 BILLION.

Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... -24-hours/

What's the market value of a single Bradley tank?
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This must be a Q-anon story fabrication since it hasn't been mentioned on The View yet.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... n-bribery/
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
fatman

Post by fatman »

Been following closely. Seems the big Ukrainian offensive has kicked off. Really hoping they can break through and give the Russians hell.
fatman

Post by fatman »

https://twitter.com/anno1540/status/168 ... ZpFWTn4OCQ

Putin threatened to bomb any ship coming to pick up grain from Ukraine. Israel sent a ship right up to Ukraine with tons of US planes flying overhead.

Putin will do what he always does with his empty threats when confronted by US DOD….nothing. Getting Ukrainian grain to market, particularly to Africa, will go a long way to subdue the transitory inflation in food prices.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:12 pm
Been following closely. Seems the big Ukrainian offensive has kicked off. Really hoping they can break through and give the Russians hell.
?????

"kicked off"?!?!

The war is older every day. And Ukraine is pretty much stuck in place and has been.
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

This guy has some interesting insights. Not sure if everything he says is true but it's concerning.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Biden's handlers are truly just a horrible presidency. Historically horrible.

All this money to Ukraine. And now, $6 billion to Iran which happens to be siding with Russia in the war. AND... this move will foment more hostage taking and embolden the mohammedan terrorists.

Just moronic on an epic scale.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran- ... cle-754485

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/08/15 ... tage-deal/
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Give money ... there's no limit... to Ukraine~!

"They're a peace-loving democracy!"

Meanwhile, the leader of that (cough-cough) "democracy" suspends elections:
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

YOU all paid for her vaca...
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fOr gReEN eNErgY~!
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Your tax dollars paid this trans-LHDGFHIBQX's salary.

"too much" defined.

Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Now the Clinton Global Initiative is grifting off of Ukraine. Shocking!……………
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Yours, mine, Fatman's, Recip's, etc etc tax dollars would pay this salary.

Still think it isn't too much already?
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/0 ... r-ukraine/
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:22 am
Now this quote makes a lot more sense:
I'm becoming more and more Canadian with every apology I feel it necessary to make for the fascist far right trolls in the USA.

viewtopic.php?p=370786#p370786
I wonder if he realizes that fascism has never been "far right" in the American political context.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:56 am
Now this quote makes a lot more sense:
I'm becoming more and more Canadian with every apology I feel it necessary to make for the fascist far right trolls in the USA.

viewtopic.php?p=370786#p370786
I wonder if he realizes that fascism has never been "far right" in the American political context.
Most leftists are blind when looking in the mirror, don’t think (but feeeeelll), and choose to cede any analysis to their chosen media. They project.

Calling R’s cultists? LOL. Yelling about Fox! LOL
IRON LAW of projection

Agree. Today’s left is exceedingly fascist and must be stopped before it is too late (and it may already be…)
Salute the Marines