How much is too much?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

Re: How much is too much?

Post by fatman »

This is spot on and absolutely hilarious…..if you have no idea what’s going on in Ukraine. Despite what QANON told you guys, the accounting corrections are just reducing the value of military kit delivered as part of lend/lease.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

fatman wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:05 pm
This is spot on and absolutely hilarious…..if you have no idea what’s going on in Ukraine. Despite what QANON told you guys, the accounting corrections are just reducing the value of military kit delivered as part of lend/lease.
It's still funny.
But it also means that they can send more equipment today, than they were planning on sending as of last week, and still stay within the Ukraine spending package limits.
I think you could argue that considering the ass-kicking that Russian military is taking, the equipment value has increased!!
It's not like some new depreciation schedule was released.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Oh I know exactly what it is

Do you?

Lend/lease :roll:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:37 pm
Oh I know exactly what it is

Do you?

Lend/lease :roll:
You really don’t or you would not say so many foolish things about it.

Lend/lease is a program where NATO allows Ukraine to use mostly older/soon to be scrapped military kit to bravely fight off genocidal commie bastard Putin. The estimated value of the hardware has been drastically overstated by Putin sympathizers. We have given them some relatively new stuff, like 20 year old patriot systems, but a lot of it is near end of life anyway.

The ROI of lend/lease has been enormous for us and has totally wrecked Putin.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

pUtiN sYmPaThiSeRs~!

OMAA
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:16 pm pUtiN sYmPaThiSeRs~!

OMAA
SSDD.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Let's get this out of the way first:
Lend/Lease, ROI, Putin sympathizers, sMaLL % of dOD bUdGet. There.
The surface narrative here is the most likely. A tired and generally unintelligent man suffering from dementia latched onto bits and pieces of information in order to answer a question while making it sound like he’s not tired, unintelligent, or suffering from dementia.

Cluster bombs?
I thought we weren't affecting our own stockpiles. :lol:

https://thelibertydaily.com/bribery-bid ... admission/
Salute the Marines
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:56 am Let's get this out of the way first:
The surface narrative here is the most likely. A tired and generally unintelligent man suffering from dementia latched onto bits and pieces of information in order to answer a question while making it sound like he’s not tired, unintelligent, or suffering from dementia.

Cluster bombs?

Good summary riverguy.

It’s been another terrible week for Putin.
-us sending another care package including cluster munitions, more tanks, etc.
-Sweden to NATO
-Turkey ending Putin’s ability to threaten to end the grain deal by using Turkish navy to defend grain ships from Russian attacks
-turkey and Ukraine joint drone building factory
-turkey releasing Ukrainian POWs.
-after turkey saw how weak Putin has become, they have really acted aggressively against Russia. You love to see it.
-Russia losing more territory in Ukraine
-the free Russia army have warned they are about to bust through Russia’s non existent border controls with their tanks again, further highlighting Putin’s weakness.

Hopefully F16s and ATACMs get approved by Biden soon. The sooner Putin is forced to retreat the better.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:17 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:56 am Let's get this out of the way first:

Cluster bombs?

Good summary riverguy.

-Sweden to NATO
-Turkey ending Putin’s ability to threaten to end the grain deal by using Turkish navy to defend grain ships from Russian attacks
-after turkey saw how weak Putin has become, they have really acted aggressively against Russia. You love to see it.
-the free Russia army have warned they are about to bust through Russia’s non existent border controls with their tanks again, further highlighting Putin’s weakness.

Hopefully F16s and ATACMs get approved by Biden soon. The sooner Putin is forced to retreat the better.
Avoiding all the points raised, I see.
Well, at least it wasn't another mindless ROI/Lend-Lease rant. :roll:

You trust Turkey a lot, it appears. That's risky.
Salute the Marines
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:32 am

Cluster bombs?

Good summary riverguy.

-Sweden to NATO

You are the mindless one. You get triggered at every mention of a 80 year old program known as lend/lease. You further lose your mind when it is pointed out that for modest investment in older weapons and zero US troops, Russian military is massively eroded.

What’s your point about cluster bombs? We are sending them over in the next lens/lease care package. You have a problem with that?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

fatman wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:37 pm

Cluster bombs?

Good summary riverguy.

-Sweden to NATO

You are the mindless one. You get triggered at every mention of a 80 year old program known as lend/lease. You further lose your mind when it is pointed out that for modest investment in older weapons and zero US troops, Russian military is massively eroded.

What’s your point about cluster bombs? We are sending them over in the next lens/lease care package. You have a problem with that?

You're the only one here who doesn't understand lend/lease. Nor do you understand geopolitics. Yet you continue to show your ignorance AND be belligerent about it towards various people.

You had your chance to cheerlead Yookrayne 9 years ago. You failed- just like Obama the Warrior Princess. You deserve the mockery.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Cluster bombs?

Good summary riverguy.

-Sweden to NATO

Has Turkey given weapons to anyone other than Ukraine? Asking for a friend.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

F16’s will be seen as a nuclear threat by the Rooskies.

We keep saying we won’t give Ukraine this or that, then they backpedal and do the opposite of what they said. Cluster bombs a BIG no-no…..now? Have at em.

Amazing how the left have become the war hawks they so despised…..
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:03 pm F16’s will be seen as a nuclear threat by the Rooskies.

We keep saying we won’t give Ukraine this or that, then they backpedal and do the opposite of what they said. Cluster bombs a BIG no-no…..now? Have at em.

It has to be the right tEaM at the goal line.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Answer: Yes. Turkey just sold something like $2.5 billion in arms to pUtiN~!'s rUsSiA.

They must watch Tucker Carlson and must be Putin lovers.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:30 pm Answer: Yes. Turkey just sold something like $2.5 billion in arms to pUtiN~!'s rUsSiA.

They must watch Tucker Carlson and must be Putin lovers.
They want an ROI…..

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
fatman

Post by fatman »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:03 pm F16’s will be seen as a nuclear threat by the Rooskies.

Agree..sort of. We've been too slow to roll out new platforms, but we are eventually giving Ukraine a fraction of what they need. Ukraine will get F16s, Russia will complain about this too...but then deal with the reality that Ukraine will get these western platforms. Same as the previous capabilities that have been included in lend/lease. The more Putin objects, the more we know we are sending the right stuff.
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:19 am

Cluster bombs?

Good summary riverguy.

-Sweden to NATO

Has Turkey given weapons to anyone other than Ukraine? Asking for a friend.
I'm not sure if I know your friend. Let's just call her Majorie. You can tell Majorie that Turkey is a weapons exporter, like the US, France, England, and up-until-2022 Russia.

Turkey has been playing both sides to an extent, but made a hard break away from Russia once Wagner marched on Moscow in a sign of Putin's weakness. They approved NATO expansion as we picked up Sweeden from free agency.

One key detail is that this isn't just arms delivery, but turkey is co-operating a plant in Ukraine.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine ... ar-1811895

This is really important, because the US has thus far insisted that weapons provided via lend/lease only be used in temporarily occupied Ukraine, e.g. Crimea, Donbas, etc. Ukraine wants to be able to strike inside Russia-proper to avenge attacks from Russia. They will be able to do this with their own weapons. So when Russia uses Iranian drones to attack Kiev, they get incoming drone attacks in Moscow. When Putin bombs Odessa, Zelensky will be able to bomb St Petersburg. The goal is to arm Ukraine in the same way that the west has armed Israel to protect it from its neighbors at least until we get Ukraine in NATO and all this stops for good.

Not sure if you saw, but Ukrainian manufactured drones blew up the Russian<->Crimea bridge again last night. Putin and his spokespeople promised armageddon to Ukraine if any harm were to come of this bridge, but it's been blown up twice now and all Putin can do is commit his daily warm crimes of bombing Ukrainian apartment buildings, etc.

Putin said today he is ending the grain deal that Turkey brokered, so Turkey's offer to protect Ukrainian grain shipments with Turkish navy vessels may be put into practice in the near future. Expect some empty threats from Putin that he will attack Turkish naval vessels...a risk putin will not take as he knows the reaction would be devastating.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:51 pm

Agree..sort of. We've been too slow to roll out new platforms, but we are eventually giving Ukraine a fraction of what they need. Ukraine will get F16s, Russia will complain about this too...but then deal with the reality that Ukraine will get these western platforms. Same as the previous capabilities that have been included in lend/lease. The more Putin objects, the more we know we are sending the right stuff.
i.e., the closer we get to WWIII, the more the left thinks they're doing the right things.

What a crazy goal.

Cluster bombs were Geneva Convention illegal, I thought. What's next? Mustard gas? Germ warfare?

I wonder what Turkey will be giving Russia over the next months. :idea:

Thanks to Obama for this mess.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:19 pm
I'm not sure if I know your friend. Let's just call her Majorie. You can tell Majorie that Turkey is a weapons exporter, like the US, France, England, and up-until-2022 Russia.

Turkey has been playing both sides to an extent, but made a hard break away from Russia once Wagner marched on Moscow in a sign of Putin's weakness. They approved NATO expansion as we picked up Sweeden from free agency.

One key detail is that this isn't just arms delivery, but turkey is co-operating a plant in Ukraine.

This is really important, because the US has thus far insisted that weapons provided via lend/lease only be used in temporarily occupied Ukraine, e.g. Crimea, Donbas, etc. Ukraine wants to be able to strike inside Russia-proper to avenge attacks from Russia. They will be able to do this with their own weapons. So when Russia uses Iranian drones to attack Kiev, they get incoming drone attacks in Moscow. When Putin bombs Odessa, Zelensky will be able to bomb St Petersburg. The goal is to arm Ukraine in the same way that the west has armed Israel to protect it from its neighbors at least until we get Ukraine in NATO and all this stops for good.

Not sure if you saw, but Ukrainian manufactured drones blew up the Russian<->Crimea bridge again last night. Putin and his spokespeople promised armageddon to Ukraine if any harm were to come of this bridge, but it's been blown up twice now and all Putin can do is commit his daily warm crimes of bombing Ukrainian apartment buildings, etc.

Putin said today he is ending the grain deal that Turkey brokered, so Turkey's offer to protect Ukrainian grain shipments with Turkish navy vessels may be put into practice in the near future. Expect some empty threats from Putin that he will attack Turkish naval vessels...a risk putin will not take as he knows the reaction would be devastating.
Yay, WWIII!!!!!!
Pure insanity.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:30 pm
fatman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:19 pm

Yay, WWIII!!!!!!
Pure insanity.
Are you concerned about US and Russian soldiers actively engaging in direct conflict or are you concerned about lend/lease operating in Ukraine?
fatman

Post by fatman »

This "article" would be like someone taking UWS rantings and passing them thru a filter to make them less comprehensible. Russia was believed to have the world's #2 army and they've produced negative progress in their war in the past 12 months while half their army has been destroyed, their precious bridge to Crimea has been blown up twice, and they just had some russian militants stop just short of attacking Moscow a month ago. The CIA has screwed up a lot of things, but they are doing just fine up against Putin's crew.