Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Post by HokieHam »

This is why people are pissed at the Pub Party.

I’m taking bets these A-Holes pass this garbage. Screw them.
Senators deciding to spend whatever they want, knowing Americans may suffer the inflationary and recessionary consequences is undemocratic and unrepresentative, Larry Kudlow says
SEN. RAND PAUL: "The omnibus will be 3,000 pages, we’ll get it 2 hours before they want to pass it, no one will read it, but hidden in the 3,000 pages will be we are going to waive pay go. So, Steve Moore is right, it will take 41 votes, but the other thing is 41 votes would stop the big spending // We have completely and totally abdicated the power of the purse. Republicans are emasculated, they have no power and they are unwilling to gain that power back."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larr ... prosperity
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Re: Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:58 am This is why people are pissed at the Pub Party.

Senators deciding to spend whatever they want, knowing Americans may suffer the inflationary and recessionary consequences is undemocratic and unrepresentative, Larry Kudlow says
SEN. RAND PAUL: "The omnibus will be 3,000 pages, we’ll get it 2 hours before they want to pass it, no one will read it, but hidden in the 3,000 pages will be we are going to waive pay go. So, Steve Moore is right, it will take 41 votes, but the other thing is 41 votes would stop the big spending // We have completely and totally abdicated the power of the purse. Republicans are emasculated, they have no power and they are unwilling to gain that power back."
Of course they'll pass it. It's been 15 years since they've passed a spending bill.
fatman

Re: Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Post by fatman »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:58 am This is why people are pissed at the Pub Party.

If Larry kudlow thinks it’s bad, that is about as reliable of a contrarian indicator that it’s solid as you can find. His predictions are correct less often than a broken clock.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

fatman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:00 am

If Larry kudlow thinks it’s bad, that is about as reliable of a contrarian indicator that it’s solid as you can find. His predictions are correct less often than a broken clock.
As with most economists?

The main reason I posted it is for Paul’s quote.

And I’m not surprised one bit by the fact you think this is a good thing, since you believe BBB was wonderful. :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
fatman

Post by fatman »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm

As with most economists?

And I’m not surprised one bit by the fact you think this is a good thing, since you believe BBB was wonderful. :lol:
Kudlow isn't a serious economist, he is a dingbat.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edictions/

I haven't paid too much attention to the omnibus bill, so I have no informed opinion to be honest. I simple believe that Lee Corso is 80% more accurate than Larry Kudlow, so based simply on "Constanza Theory" I'm encouraged whenever that nutter Kudlow thinks we are moving in the wrong direction.

BBB was good excrement man. Look at the explosion in inflation based on our foolish dependance on Russian/Saudi Oil production. That jerk from WV forced all that $$$ to be removed from investment in infra and that "savings" ended up being foolishly wasted on student loan debt relief, BBB would've been a much better investment.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

fatman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:29 pm

As with most economists?

I haven't paid too much attention to the omnibus bill, so I have no informed opinion to be honest. I simple believe that Lee Corso is 80% more accurate than Larry Kudlow, so based simply on "Constanza Theory" I'm encouraged whenever that nutter Kudlow thinks we are moving in the wrong direction.

BBB was good excrement man. Look at the explosion in inflation based on our foolish dependance on Russian/Saudi Oil production. That jerk from WV forced all that $$$ to be removed from investment in infra and that "savings" ended up being foolishly wasted on student loan debt relief, BBB would've been a much better investment.
No. It wasn’t. It was a huge pile of excrement. You got at least that part correct.

Ah, the Putin price hike. Figures…….squawk!

fatman

Post by fatman »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:46 pm

As with most economists?

No. It wasn’t. It was a huge pile of excrement. You got at least that part correct.

Are you asserting that OPEC+/Putin's genocidal war in Europe isn't a major contributor to inflation? The leaders have permitted OPEC to hold our economic prosperity in their hands for decades. BBB at least breaks that and gives us more control and economic security, which is ultimately national security.

BBB and the CHIPS act will go down in history as good stuff, forward looking infra investments are typically the best investments governments make. All the various spending on "tax cuts that will pay for themselves" over the years, just add to the deficit and transfer $ from young to the old. Those have all been crappy bills.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

fatman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:23 pm

As with most economists?

Are you asserting that OPEC+/Putin's genocidal war in Europe isn't a major contributor to inflation? The leaders have permitted OPEC to hold our economic prosperity in their hands for decades. BBB at least breaks that and gives us more control and economic security, which is ultimately national security.

BBB and the CHIPS act will go down in history as good stuff, forward looking infra investments are typically the best investments governments make. All the various spending on "tax cuts that will pay for themselves" over the years, just add to the deficit and transfer $ from young to the old. Those have all been crappy bills.
No they won’t. Just like most massive money grab and spend bills, they will be rife with fraud and misuse with very little going towards its original purpose.

One thing that is universally true about folks on the left, they rarely, if ever, get economic issues right.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

As with most economists?

Fatman never votes for democrats, but he supports and argues for most of the stupid sh!t they do.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:29 pm

As with most economists?

No they won’t. Just like most massive money grab and spend bills, they will be rife with fraud and misuse with very little going towards its original purpose.

One thing that is universally true about folks on the left, they rarely, if ever, get economic issues right.
It’s self evident in every post.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

November's $249 Billion Federal Budget Deficit Set a Record. Now, Congress Is Preparing To Spend Even More.
The government spent $501 billion in November but collected just $252 billion in revenue, meaning that about 50 cents of every dollar spent were borrowed.
For much of the past year, the Biden administration has been touting falling deficit figures as evidence that the economy was picking up and, implicitly, as a signal that government spending could increase without adding to the nation's tenuous fiscal situation. That was always misleading, as the falling deficit was entirely the result of one-time, emergency COVID-19 spending coming off the books. The underlying figures showed all along that the deficit situation was continuing to worsen, and that President Joe Biden's policies were adding trillions of dollars to the deficit over the long term.
For much of the past year, the board parrot has been eating the cracker fed to him by the XiDing Admin……

https://reason.com/2022/12/16/november ... even-more/

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

When have the writers of this spending bill ever given a freck about economic prosperity?

Their goal is to tear this country down and replace it with some sort of communo-fascist model. And they're succeeding. :cry:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

LOL……compromise!

This…..this is a major reason why DrumpF! won…….bunch of traitors.
For Republicans, one incentive to pass the bill now is that it funds the military at a higher level than the nondefense budget. “This is a strong outcome for Republicans,” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said, arguing that the GOP persuaded Democrats to back down on their long-standing demand for “parity” between the two pots of money.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

As with most economists?

:roll:

Spoken like a good little democrat.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am LOL……compromise!

For Republicans, one incentive to pass the bill now is that it funds the military at a higher level than the nondefense budget. “This is a strong outcome for Republicans,” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said, arguing that the GOP persuaded Democrats to back down on their long-standing demand for “parity” between the two pots of money.
McConnell is a dumbphuque RINO. Democrats are scumbags.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Oh….a new FIB Building, so they can control speech better!
Billions. Do We Even Need One?
Congress' end-of-the-year omnibus bill was delayed by arguments over where to build the new facility.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:12 am

As with most economists?

:roll:

Spoken like a good little democrat.
Aw, fatman is a good egg. he's a good guy.
He doesn't do Econ at all, but he's okay.
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:15 am

The problem is that there aren't any Pubs who are running on fiscal conservatism anymore. The battle lines are social and cultural agendas, not economic ones. And when you do that, candidates don't have to promise to be good fiscal stewards, just promise that they'll be more socially conservatives than Dems. It's a much easier battle than actually trying to do something meaningful, and it's working for them.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

fatman

Post by fatman »

As with most economists?

Untrue. Look, I call em like I see em. The student loan relief was bad policy.

The CHIPS act has already lead to Billions in corporate investments announced for chip production in the US. That is Bing-able. That’s a wise investment from govt.

Similarly, IRA has led to massive investment in domestic US car/battery buildouts. The law incentivizes only North American produced cars. It’s already having positive results. This is also bing-able. Biden is making America a great auto producing nation again.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:25 am
HokieJoe wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:15 am

The problem is that there aren't any Pubs who are running on fiscal conservatism anymore. The battle lines are social and cultural agendas, not economic ones. And when you do that, candidates don't have to promise to be good fiscal stewards, just promise that they'll be more socially conservatives than Dems. It's a much easier battle than actually trying to do something meaningful, and it's working for them.

Except it isn't working for them when every candidate they nominated was beaten by a TV game show host in 2016. They had to impeach him, mobilize the IC, Federal law enforcement AND lock the country down for two years to get rid of him.

The problem only gets worse for them going forward for them. Future candidates will be more politically savvy than Trump. The big losers will be the bloated, self serving and corrupt administrative state.

But your'e right, there are no Reagan-like conservatives in leadership. They're all Bush lackeys.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

fatman wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:40 pm
As with most economists?

Untrue. Look, I call em like I see em. The student loan relief was bad policy.

The CHIPS act has already lead to Billions in corporate investments announced for chip production in the US. That is Bing-able. That’s a wise investment from govt.

Similarly, IRA has led to massive investment in domestic US car/battery buildouts. The law incentivizes only North American produced cars. It’s already having positive results. This is also bing-able. Biden is making America a great auto producing nation again.
I stand by my post.

As with all spending bills, the vast majority will be wasteful and full of corruption.

And my guess is that the unions made out like a bandits they are in all of this.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

The Senate's Passage of the $1.7 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill Is a Bipartisan Failure
A rushed process once again created a bad result.
"I'll just cut to the chase. We're hypocrites there," Braun said. "[Democrats] are unapologetic about it. We claim to be fiscal conservatives and accommodate it year after year. I place more blame on us than I do on them, in the sense that we say we're against it, but then we go along with it."
https://reason.com/2022/12/22/the-sena ... n-failure/

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:18 am
The Senate's Passage of the $1.7 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill Is a Bipartisan Failure
A rushed process once again created a bad result.
"I'll just cut to the chase. We're hypocrites there," Braun said. "[Democrats] are unapologetic about it. We claim to be fiscal conservatives and accommodate it year after year. I place more blame on us than I do on them, in the sense that we say we're against it, but then we go along with it."
https://reason.com/2022/12/22/the-sena ... n-failure/
a total disaster.

But surely a few of the posters here will be along to tell us how it is a brilliant success that assures our future prosperity..
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Parrot talking points to say how great this was…l.l