Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep, the left are a death cult:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Larry Kudlow: The omnibus spending bill is 'antithetical to economic prosperity'

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:55 pm Yep, the left are a death cult:
Sure are. And the moronic Pubs helped push it through.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:12 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:55 pm Yep, the left are a death cult:
Sure are. And the moronic Pubs helped push it through.

RINO cockroaches.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Diogenes
Alma Mater: VPI BS other esteemed institutions MS PhD
Party: Independent

Post by Diogenes »

I find this whole discussion risible.
As Shakespeare said, all this commentary including that from our Congress people and the public talking heads "Is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

You talk like there are working, functional national legislative bodies in Washington, D.C. If this were normal times, there would be a continuing resolution to fund the govt into February 2023 to give the new House power to do it's major role. Mitch and Kevin want nothing of the sort and worked with Nancy, Chuck and Joe to freeze the House out as long as possible. I'll wake up around March 2023 when the debt ceiling hits. Let us see if House can destroy the US and world economies by defaulting on our debt. Mitch doesn't want this. He is a wealthy Globalist married to a Globalist former Cabinet Secretary from a family of Globalists who depend on international trade with the CCP. Last I looked, the world was fleeing to US dollars and bonds for safety. Xi would love this default to happen as he wants the renminbi to be come worlds currency and our default would expedite it. Being the currency of record is power. Default and I will believe the current Republican are truly a 5th column and fellow travelers for the CHICOMs.
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.
A. Pope
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Diogenes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:26 pm I find this whole discussion risible.
As Shakespeare said, all this commentary including that from our Congress people and the public talking heads "Is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

You talk like there are working, functional national legislative bodies in Washington, D.C. If this were normal times, there would be a continuing resolution to fund the govt into February 2023 to give the new House power to do it's major role. Mitch and Kevin want nothing of the sort and worked with Nancy, Chuck and Joe to freeze the House out as long as possible. I'll wake up around March 2023 when the debt ceiling hits. Let us see if House can destroy the US and world economies by defaulting on our debt. Mitch doesn't want this. He is a wealthy Globalist married to a Globalist former Cabinet Secretary from a family of Globalists who depend on international trade with the CCP. Last I looked, the world was fleeing to US dollars and bonds for safety. Xi would love this default to happen as he wants the renminbi to be come worlds currency and our default would expedite it. Being the currency of record is power. Default and I will believe the current Republican are truly a 5th column and fellow travelers for the CHICOMs.
Solid take.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Diogenes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:26 pm I find this whole discussion risible.

There is some truth to what you say, but you assume far too much. Cocaine Mitch isa globalist POS. OTOH, he is no different than Nancy, Chuck, Hillary!, and Odumbo in that regard. What you're talking about is the establishment.

When people refer to the Swamp, they're referring to the establishment in part. There also referring to the bloated administrative state. They're also referring to the incestuous relationship the Corporate press have with the aforesaid establishment cockroaches.

The Establishment set us on this global path decades ago. They try to destroy anyone who seeks to upset their rotten apple cart.

Where I disagree, is your notion that we HAD to spend $1.7 trillion. Or that McConnell is worse than the Schumer's and Pelosi's of the political world. They're all establishment POS's. Self-serving and corrupt to the core using parlor tricks to remain in power.

You also wrongly assume that their sworn enemies, normal Americans, would default on our debt and risk our currency losing it's reserve status.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

[quote=fatman post_id=358681 time=1671204582 user_id=132]
[quote=HokieHam post_id=358679 time=1671203259 user_id=77]
[quote=fatman post_id=358670 time=1671163258 user_id=132]
[quote=HokieHam post_id=358666 time=1671152295 user_id=77]
This is why people are pissed at the Pub Party.

I’m taking bets these A-Holes pass this garbage. Screw them.

[quote] Senators deciding to spend whatever they want, knowing Americans may suffer the inflationary and recessionary consequences is undemocratic and unrepresentative, Larry Kudlow says[/quote]

[quote] SEN. RAND PAUL: "The omnibus will be 3,000 pages, we’ll get it 2 hours before they want to pass it, no one will read it, but hidden in the 3,000 pages will be we are going to waive pay go. So, Steve Moore is right, it will take 41 votes, but the other thing is 41 votes would stop the big spending // We have completely and totally abdicated the power of the purse. Republicans are emasculated, they have no power and they are unwilling to gain that power back." [/quote]

[url] https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larry ... prosperity[/url]
[/quote]

If Larry kudlow thinks it’s bad, that is about as reliable of a contrarian indicator that it’s solid as you can find. His predictions are correct less often than a broken clock.
[/quote]
As with most economists?

The main reason I posted it is for Paul’s quote.

And I’m not surprised one bit by the fact you think this is a good thing, since you believe BBB was wonderful. :lol:
[/quote]

Kudlow isn't a serious economist, he is a dingbat.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... edictions/

I haven't paid too much attention to the omnibus bill, so I have no informed opinion to be honest. I simple believe that Lee Corso is 80% more accurate than Larry Kudlow, so based simply on "Constanza Theory" I'm encouraged whenever that nutter Kudlow thinks we are moving in the wrong direction.

BBB was good excrement man. Look at the explosion in inflation based on our foolish dependance on Russian/Saudi Oil production. That jerk from WV forced all that $$$ to be removed from investment in infra and that "savings" ended up being foolishly wasted on student loan debt relief, BBB would've been a much better investment.
[/quote]

We were right……yet again……
Attachments
IMG_4043.jpeg
IMG_4043.jpeg (117.44 KiB) Viewed 180 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function