Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Re: Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Post by HooFighter »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:36 am
hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:31 am
HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:29 am
hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:19 am They are making a remake of “Road House”.

All they seem to do is remakes.
They’re making a sequel to Ghost too…… :lol:
They’ve done a lot of remakes of Patrick Swayze movies.

Road House
red Dawn
ghost
And I think they are doing a remake of Dirty Dancing.
Oh yeah…..say that as well. No creativity.
The reason theaters are filled with fast and furious movies and other comparably shitty products is because that’s what makes money.

The top 10 highest grossing films last year domestically were all either sequels or part of a superhero franchise. They have no need to come up with any new ideas.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Post by hokie80 »

HooFighter wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:35 pm
hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:19 am They are making a remake of “Road House”.

Road House
red Dawn
ghost
The reason theaters are filled with fast and furious movies and other comparably shitty products is because that’s what makes money.

The top 10 highest grossing films last year domestically were all either sequels or part of a superhero franchise. They have no need to come up with any new ideas.
Pop culture gotta pop.

Doesn’t make it creative though.

And remakes of movies are the least creative thing one can do.

Some sequels at least show character and story development. The franchise stuff is hit or miss.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:35 pm

Road House
red Dawn
ghost

That must be why they lost a 1/2 Trillion dollars in 2022.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:54 am
Disney slammed for 'anti-White propaganda' new The Proud Family reboot
Disney show argues that America 'owes' black Americans because the country 'still has not atoned for' its systemic prejudice, racism and white supremacy.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/disney-s ... ily-reboot

I’m hoping their financial issues get worse…..they deserve it.
This is full of lies, promotes division and targeted towards children…but, go woke, get broke……

https://thepostmillennial.com/disney-t ... ber-losses
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:15 pm
WTF. Sell all your Disney shares people. Bankrupt them.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

It's not just Hollywood woke trash polluting our culture.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:17 pm
Keep putting out trash…….yeah! That’s the ticket!
Record Decline: Why Disney+ Lost Another 4 Million Subscribers
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifitzg ... 718cc47963

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:04 pm
mIcrOaGgResSiOn!…….LOL. I hope they lose another 4 million next month..

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:19 pm

When the amoral create fake morality.
Slimey nouveau marxists.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:32 pm
HokieHam wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:19 pm

When the amoral create fake morality.
Slimey nouveau marxists.
Yup. Marxists they are.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Movies today suck, period. It's because the people in this country are so stupid they will watch nothing but the 500th Marvel movie. The movie quality is a direct correlation to a young population with no critical thinking capabilities.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:29 pm Movies today suck, period. It's because the people in this country are so stupid they will watch nothing but the 500th Marvel movie. The movie quality is a direct correlation to a young population with no critical thinking capabilities.

Pliant customers of ESG drivel.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:29 pm Movies today suck, period. It's because the people in this country are so stupid they will watch nothing but the 500th Marvel movie. The movie quality is a direct correlation to a young population with no critical thinking capabilities.
Good movies are so few and far between…….its been a long time since I’ve been to a theatre.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

More media failure. Vice files for bankruptcy. Next up: Business iNsiDeR.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkap5v/ ... bankruptcy
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

An interesting video on why Hollywood and TV is total shite and getting worse.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:38 pm
Good movies are so few and far between…….its been a long time since I’ve been to a theatre.
Last really good one was Deadpool?

Some decent kids movies like Frozen, Zootopia,
Moana, but overall, pretty crappy.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

It reminds me of the Hollywood/critical "buzz" of the movie "Nope".

One of the dumbest movies I've ever seen with more plot holes than a story written by a 7 year old.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Netflix pisses off Egypt……
Netflix’s ‘Queen Cleopatra’ Appears To Have The Worst Audience Score In TV History
The issue is the conceptualization of what purports to be a historical documentary saying that Cleopatra was a black “African queen,” as this season was supposed to be the first in a series covering different queens from the continent. But there is not terribly credible evidence that Cleopatra was black, and instead she was of Macedonian Greek descent. The country of Egypt in particular has taken offense to the show altering their history this dramatically and portraying it as something they believe is non-factual in a series that is meant to be a documentary.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi ... 0e01cc5391

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:36 am Netflix pisses off Egypt……
Netflix’s ‘Queen Cleopatra’ Appears To Have The Worst Audience Score In TV History
The issue is the conceptualization of what purports to be a historical documentary saying that Cleopatra was a black “African queen,” as this season was supposed to be the first in a series covering different queens from the continent. But there is not terribly credible evidence that Cleopatra was black, and instead she was of Macedonian Greek descent. The country of Egypt in particular has taken offense to the show altering their history this dramatically and portraying it as something they believe is non-factual in a series that is meant to be a documentary.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi ... 0e01cc5391

Julius Cesar was black, William Shakespeare was black, Babe Ruth was black...Revisionist history and Afrocentrist BS.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

LOL………keep taking the L’s woke groomers……man, I hope the new Indiana Jones movie flops. Given what Variety wrote, it’s not looking good. Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favs too. Almost $300M to make. I get won’t dare cut KK loose…….and she’s taking all these franchises and shiRting on them for THE MESSAGE.
Disney to close Star Wars hotel that opened in Florida last year
https://www.reuters.com/business/disne ... 023-05-18/

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:46 am LOL………keep taking the L’s woke groomers……man, I hope the new Indiana Jones movie flops. Given what Variety wrote, it’s not looking good. Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favs too. Almost $300M to make. I get won’t dare cut KK loose…….and she’s taking all these franchises and shiRting on them for THE MESSAGE.
Reports are saying they need to make $800M to break even.

The BBC wrote a review saying it’s gloomy and depressing. Of course Disney has to take an iconic HuWhite male hero and make the new female co-lead the awesomest!
I'm not sure how many fans want to see Indiana Jones as a broken, helpless old man who cowers in the corner while his patronizing goddaughter takes the lead, but that's what we're given, and it's as bleak as it sounds.
Yeah……..typical Kathleen Kennedy BS. They really know how to kill a franchise.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

This person is getting excoriated on Twit…….guess why! YOU RaaaaaaaayCis!

Blackwash…..A-Okay
Whitewashing……..you know.
Attachments
B7CCBBE4-63AB-4CB3-A4C6-E9FF4A2CC964.jpeg
B7CCBBE4-63AB-4CB3-A4C6-E9FF4A2CC964.jpeg (165.78 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Good.
The race-swapped Little Mermaid sits at $467M worldwide. With a cost of $250M to make plus production and marketing it probably needs to make another $142M to break even in theaters. It’s down to 11.6M this past weekend with a 50% drop. Now you have the new Kathleen Kennedy Ruins Another Franchise film with the new Indy movie coming out……coming in at almost $300M to make……ouch. I hope that movie flops big time given what I’ve heard about it. Raiders Of The Lost Ark is one of my favorite films of all time and I hate to even say that, but KK is horrid…….and Disney is a bunch of Groomers.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:36 pm
HokieHam wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:46 am LOL………keep taking the L’s woke groomers……man, I hope the new Indiana Jones movie flops. Given what Variety wrote, it’s not looking good. Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favs too. Almost $300M to make. I get won’t dare cut KK loose…….and she’s taking all these franchises and shiRting on them for THE MESSAGE.
Reports are saying they need to make $800M to break even.

The BBC wrote a review saying it’s gloomy and depressing. Of course Disney has to take an iconic HuWhite male hero and make the new female co-lead the awesomest!
I'm not sure how many fans want to see Indiana Jones as a broken, helpless old man who cowers in the corner while his patronizing goddaughter takes the lead, but that's what we're given, and it's as bleak as it sounds.
Yeah……..typical Kathleen Kennedy BS. They really know how to kill a franchise.
Wow……so latest updates had DoD costing $327M and it had a 68% drop in the second week and is estimated to hit $119-122M after this week. This is going to cost them hundreds of millions of dollars. It’s the typical LucasFilm/Kathleen Kennedy template…..take strong HuWhite male character and deconstruct him and insert a Mary Sue.

If she doesn’t get fired after this, she has something on Disney management……..