Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Post by HokieJoe »

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Mitt Romney

Re: Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Post by Mitt Romney »

Cute hot take on the market being down 20% across the board....

I can see why you enjoyed it since they used buzz words you relate to.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Hollywood realizes massive market value decline of more than $500 billion in 2022: report

Post by HokieHam »

Mitt Romney wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:27 pm Cute hot take on the market being down 20% across the board....

Cute take. Maybe Hollyweird should focus on making better movies.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:59 pm
Mitt Romney wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:27 pm Cute hot take on the market being down 20% across the board....

Many of the films are disappointing for a number of reasons. Remakes of classics (showing a lack of creativity), horrible plots/storylines, forced “equity” and wokeness. Even most of the sequels have sucked.

Streaming has also made an impact.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:24 pm

Many of the films are disappointing for a number of reasons. Remakes of classics (showing a lack of creativity), horrible plots/storylines, forced “equity” and wokeness. Even most of the sequels have sucked.

Yup. It’s almost always the same plot line in all these sequels to major franchises. Take the bad HuWhite guy hero and replace him with strong Wahmyn! Star Wars, Marvel Universe….and from what I’m hearing, the new Indiana Jones Movie.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Yup. It’s almost always the same plot line in all these sequels to major franchises. Take the bad HuWhite guy hero and replace him with strong Wahmyn! Star Wars, Marvel Universe….and from what I’m hearing, the new Indiana Jones Movie.
Maleness is a toxin
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:11 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Maleness is a toxin
Yup.

So, according to reports, they are reshooting some of the ending for the new Indiana Jones film. Apparently screening audiences hated it. It’s rumored that his new female sidekick and he go back in time, meet a younger Indiana Jones who sacrifices himself to save her and then….guess who takes over all his adventures….

It was predicted that he would somehow get retconned given the trend at Disney and Kathleen Kennedy’s involvement…..and sure enough, they were right.
Plus, the time travel thing. Very few movies ever get that right.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

We need more TG: Maverick and way less The Jedi are Awoke.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:34 pm We need more TG: Maverick and way less The Jedi are Awoke.
Yup. Maverick was a success because it didn't retcon the main character and because Tom Cruise is truly thankful for the fans.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Calm down David Geffen.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

HokieJoe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:42 am

Calm down David Geffen.

I am guessing you consider yourself wise?

Yet, https://www.monticello.org/research-edu ... quotation/
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

I mean, we have Queen Latifah as The EqUaLizEr now. That's how intellectually bankrupt and lazy the entertainment industry has become. The new 'Knives Out' mOviE on Netflix does a spoof on how stupid Elon Musk is. I mean, I've been critical of Musk's fondness for green energy scam $$, but lacking intelligence is not a problem he suffers. This from the actual idiot, Rian Johnson, who ruined the The Last Jedi. Everything he directs is paint-by-numbers dogsh!t.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11242246/
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

More good news out of IgerWorld. Share holders should be in open rebellion against these ideological fools.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... ince-1974/
Woke Fail: Disney Lost $123 Billion in Market Value in 2022 as Shares Drop 44 Percent — Worst Year Since 1974

The Walt Disney Co. saw $123 billion of its market value evaporate in 2022 as its stock dropped 44 percent amid profitability concerns, CEO musical chairs, and a suicidal embrace of woke identity politics.

Not even Avatar: The Way of Water could lift the studio’s financial outlook as investors brace for what looks to be a turbulent several months ahead.

Disney’s abysmal 2022 represents its worst year since 1974 when the company’s stock dropped 54 percent, according to Dow Jones Market Data. For 2022, Disney’s stock was the second-worst performing among the 30 companies that comprise the Dow Jones Industrial Average, after Salesforce.com, whose stock fell 48 percent.

Disney has experienced a non-stop parade of bad news in 2022.

The company reported surprisingly weak profitability for its most recent quarter, sending its stock in a downward spiral while prompting the abrupt firing of CEO Bob Chapek and the return of former CEO Bob Iger.

Disney also picked an ill-advised fight with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) over the state’s anti-grooming Parental Rights in Education Law. As a result, Walt Disney World lost its lucrative self-governing status in the Orlando area — a privilege the company has enjoyed for decades.

The company has increasingly embraced radical LGBTQ activism and has incorporated transgender ideology into its entertainment for children.

As Breitbart News reported, it was a terrible year for Hollywood overall. Major Hollywood studios, streamers, cable providers, and other media giants lost a combined $542 billion in market value in 2022, with left-wing Disney, Netflix, and Comcast accounting for the bulk of the bloodshed.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:55 pm More good news out of IgerWorld. Share holders should be in open rebellion against these ideological fools.

Woke Fail: Disney Lost $123 Billion in Market Value in 2022 as Shares Drop 44 Percent — Worst Year Since 1974

The Walt Disney Co. saw $123 billion of its market value evaporate in 2022 as its stock dropped 44 percent amid profitability concerns, CEO musical chairs, and a suicidal embrace of woke identity politics.

Not even Avatar: The Way of Water could lift the studio’s financial outlook as investors brace for what looks to be a turbulent several months ahead.

Disney’s abysmal 2022 represents its worst year since 1974 when the company’s stock dropped 54 percent, according to Dow Jones Market Data. For 2022, Disney’s stock was the second-worst performing among the 30 companies that comprise the Dow Jones Industrial Average, after Salesforce.com, whose stock fell 48 percent.

The company reported surprisingly weak profitability for its most recent quarter, sending its stock in a downward spiral while prompting the abrupt firing of CEO Bob Chapek and the return of former CEO Bob Iger.

Disney also picked an ill-advised fight with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) over the state’s anti-grooming Parental Rights in Education Law. As a result, Walt Disney World lost its lucrative self-governing status in the Orlando area — a privilege the company has enjoyed for decades.

The company has increasingly embraced radical LGBTQ activism and has incorporated transgender ideology into its entertainment for children.

As Breitbart News reported, it was a terrible year for Hollywood overall. Major Hollywood studios, streamers, cable providers, and other media giants lost a combined $542 billion in market value in 2022, with left-wing Disney, Netflix, and Comcast accounting for the bulk of the bloodshed.
Get woke, go broke……

Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:21 pm
Here's the only one that I can think of that did:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/

Bonus - the Nimitz!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Florida Hokie wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:03 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:21 pm
Here's the only one that I can think of that did:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/

Bonus - the Nimitz!
Agree. Here’s another.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5311514/

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:07 am
HokieJoe wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:55 pm More good news out of IgerWorld. Share holders should be in open rebellion against these ideological fools.

Get woke, go broke……
The broader market was down 20% and Hollyweird was down ~40%. The Wonderful World of IgEr was down 44%. So yeah. All while they sit on some of the reliably hottest properties in Hollywood like the Marvel Universe and Star Wars. A monkey smacked out on heroin could do a better job of making profitable movies.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:57 am

Get woke, go broke……
The broader market was down 20% and Hollyweird was down ~40%. The Wonderful World of IgEr was down 44%. So yeah. All while they sit on some of the reliably hottest properties in Hollywood like the Marvel Universe and Star Wars. A monkey smacked out on heroin could do a better job of making profitable movies.
hOt tAkE! :lol:

Kathleen Kennedy has ruined one of the biggest franchises in movie history with her “the FaRCe iS FEmAlE!” bull crap. They previewed the new Indy movie that she’s involved with and audiences hated it. They’ve done extensive reshoots. The Star Wars theme park at Disney has been a failure too.

They hate the fans.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:58 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:57 am

Get woke, go broke……
hOt tAkE! :lol:

Kathleen Kennedy has ruined one of the biggest franchises in movie history with her “the FaRCe iS FEmAlE!” bull crap. They previewed the new Indy movie that she’s involved with and audiences hated it. They’ve done extensive reshoots. The Star Wars theme park at Disney has been a failure too.

They hate the fans.

That goofy b!tch should have been been fired long ago. The only thing I can figure is she was harassed in some way, so she has used it as leverage to keep her foot in the door.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

You should see what these loons have done to Scooby-Doo……..”rut-roh Raggy! Don’t you dare assume my gender!”

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Disney slammed for 'anti-White propaganda' new The Proud Family reboot
Disney show argues that America 'owes' black Americans because the country 'still has not atoned for' its systemic prejudice, racism and white supremacy.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/disney-s ... ily-reboot

I’m hoping their financial issues get worse…..they deserve it.

hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

They are making a remake of “Road House”.

All they seem to do is remakes.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:19 am They are making a remake of “Road House”.

They’re making a sequel to Ghost too…… :lol:

hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:29 am
hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:19 am They are making a remake of “Road House”.

They’ve done a lot of remakes of Patrick Swayze movies.

Road House
red Dawn
ghost
And I think they are doing a remake of Dirty Dancing.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:31 am
HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:29 am

They’ve done a lot of remakes of Patrick Swayze movies.

Road House
red Dawn
ghost
And I think they are doing a remake of Dirty Dancing.
Oh yeah…..say that as well. No creativity.