This will be scrubbed so quick……..

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: This will be scrubbed so quick……..

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:14 am
HokieHam wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:53 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:41 am
HokieHam wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 pm You see, some of these guns were bought legally……but, I thought it was illegal to sell guns to the mentally ill. Leftist policies have sad consequences.

https://rumble.com/v2f692k-breaking-bo ... ransg.html
You might want to rethink that post, or rewrite it. Tennessee doesn't have laws against mentally ill people buying guns. No red flag laws. Nothing.
Most states do not have laws against the mentally ill having guns. Sounds like you would support laws keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill?
It broke the law by carrying the guns in TN.

Yes. With some caveats.

https://www.ncsl.org/civil-and-crimina ... al-illness
Tennessee law concerning mental health requires the person purchasing the gun to confirm under oath that they have not been adjudicated to be mentally ill and haven't been put in a mental institution. Basically, ask the evil person to tell the truth, and we'll trust you.
Fed law is similar. Don't ask, don't tell.
I'd suggest making that a little tighter.
So, your initial post was incorrect. And it’s not don’t ask, don’t tell. They DO ask. Every time I’ve purchased a firearm, I’ve had to answer that question.

Yes. I suggest something to make it tighter. Now we get into the issue of mental health…..which is a whole other thread on its own……
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:26 am5150
Hijack- I miss him, 5150. He was a good citizen here.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

hokie80 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:19 am
HokieHam wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 pm You see, some of these guns were bought legally……but, I thought it was illegal to sell guns to the mentally ill. Leftist policies have sad consequences.

You might want to rethink that post, or rewrite it. Tennessee doesn't have laws against mentally ill people buying guns. No red flag laws. Nothing.
Most states do not have laws against the mentally ill having guns. Sounds like you would support laws keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill?

Yes. With some caveats.

Tennessee law concerning mental health requires the person purchasing the gun to confirm under oath that they have not been adjudicated to be mentally ill and haven't been put in a mental institution. Basically, ask the evil person to tell the truth, and we'll trust you.
This is true. There is no way to verify that particular information.
Sure there is. Courts and health institutions have those records readily available. States like FL and CA require the courts and health centers to upload the records to the Fed system, which then become part of the background check.
Not all states require that their courts and hospitals share the data. And some that do, simply don't.

And of course, there are other gun sales that occur without a background check because they aren't required.

But, the idea that there is no way to verify that info, is just wrong.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:21 am

Yes. With some caveats.

So, your initial post was incorrect. And it’s not don’t ask, don’t tell. They DO ask. Every time I’ve purchased a firearm, I’ve had to answer that question.

Yes. I suggest something to make it tighter. Now we get into the issue of mental health…..which is a whole other thread on its own……
My post isn't wrong. CO is one of the 19 or 20 states that requires submitting mental health records to NICS. So, if you lie about it, there's a good chance that your background check would catch the lie.
Tennessee doesn't. So, the person buying a gun in TN lies. They don't get caught in the lie, because TN mental health records aren't submitted to NICS.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:21 amSo, your initial post was incorrect. And it’s not don’t ask, don’t tell. They DO ask. Every time I’ve purchased a firearm, I’ve had to answer that question.

Ayup Question 11f of the ATF form 4473.

Now it's being reported that she was a high functioning autistic person who attended the school and held a long simmering grudge. Also she had "plans" to kill her parents.

The stupidest thing I've read comes from the ignorant The Trans Resistance Network (promoting mental illness):
The second and more complex tragedy is that Aiden or Aubrey Hale, who felt he she had no other effective way to be seen than to lash out by taking the life of others, and consequence, himself herself.
WTH? To be seen?

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 am

Yes. With some caveats.

My post isn't wrong. CO is one of the 19 or 20 states that requires submitting mental health records to NICS. So, if you lie about it, there's a good chance that your background check would catch the lie.
Tennessee doesn't. So, the person buying a gun in TN lies. They don't get caught in the lie, because TN mental health records aren't submitted to NICS.
The state inquires about mental health. Anyone can lie on a form and quite possibly walk away with a gun legally. You say Fed law is similar. There is a good chance it will be caught but it’s not perfect.
It depends on the mental health care system and it’s reporting. I find the mental health care system in this country severely lacking. Being trans used to be considered a mental illness. Now, with the push of leftist policies, it is not. Then they pump these sick people with affirming drugs that does who knows what to each individuals mental state. It’s complete insanity.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech

Post by hokie80 »

Major Kong wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 am
HokieHam wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:21 amSo, your initial post was incorrect. And it’s not don’t ask, don’t tell. They DO ask. Every time I’ve purchased a firearm, I’ve had to answer that question.

Now it's being reported that she was a high functioning autistic person who attended the school and held a long simmering grudge. Also she had "plans" to kill her parents.

The stupidest thing I've read comes from the ignorant The Trans Resistance Network (promoting mental illness):
The second and more complex tragedy is that Aiden or Aubrey Hale, who felt he she had no other effective way to be seen than to lash out by taking the life of others, and consequence, himself herself.
WTH? To be seen?
Victim blaming from the TRN.

Pathetic
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 am

WTH? To be seen?
They’ve been blaming the victims since they found out it’s a Christian School. It literally is promoting violence. The kind the left has been projecting on us for some time………just look at Recip’s idiotic posts.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

As an aside my lovely wife on Saturday decided to change her carry from a S&W nickle plated .38 Special to a 9mm Ruger Security 9. She bought it at Rural King in Bristol and filled out her first ATF form 4473. It took about 45 minutes.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:43 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 am

Yes. With some caveats.

The state inquires about mental health. Anyone can lie on a form and quite possibly walk away with a gun legally. You say Fed law is similar. There is a good chance it will be caught but it’s not perfect.
It depends on the mental health care system and it’s reporting. I find the mental health care system in this country severely lacking. Being trans used to be considered a mental illness. Now, with the push of leftist policies, it is not. Then they pump these sick people with affirming drugs that does who knows what to each individuals mental state. It’s complete insanity.
In general, you're correct - it depends on the mental health care system reporting. The mental health care reporting depends on state law. TN doesn't have a requirement. CO does. There's a high chance you'll be caught lying in CO.
There's a low chance you'll be caught in TN.

And while you are somewhat correct about leftist policy and the trans community, the much bigger policy problem is the states that do not require submitting mental health records to NICS. So, even if a trans person was considered mentally ill by TN health officials, they would still be able to buy a gun because of TN policy.

In TN, the FTR question about mental health is as effective as buying a firearm and not being able to purchase ammo.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Having sex dysphoria (alone) shouldn't, IMHO, be a disqualifier for buying a gun.
Trannies need protection from nuts too.
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:10 am Having sex dysphoria (alone) shouldn't, IMHO, be a disqualifier for buying a gun.
Gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:14 am
RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:10 am Having sex dysphoria (alone) shouldn't, IMHO, be a disqualifier for buying a gun.
Yeah, they changed the categorization to "avoid the stigma" back in 2016. So, in 2015 it was a mental illness and now magically it isn't anymore. (insert Forrest Gump "and just like that" meme)

https://www.psychiatry.org/File%20Libra ... phoria.pdf

Regardless. My opinion on sufferer's a dysphoric's ability to arm themselves is still the same. It is a matter of self defense. Being mentally ill unfit doesn't (in all cases) mean one shan't protect himself xiself. It is where drawing that line makes sense that is a tricky issue.

A rose by any other name....

or

Swims like a duck, walks like a duck, dives like a duck, quacks like a duck, but... nah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysphoria

Intense states of distress and unease increase the risk of suicide, as well as being unpleasant in themselves. Relieving dysphoria is therefore a priority of psychiatric treatment. One may treat underlying causes such as depression or bipolar disorder as well as the dysphoric symptoms themselves.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) categorizes specific dysphoria in the obsessive–compulsive spectrum.

Dissatisfaction with being able-bodied can be diagnosed as body integrity dysphoria in the ICD-11.[1]
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:15 am
Yeah, they changed the categorization to "avoid the stigma" back in 2016. So, in 2015 it was a mental illness and now magically it isn't anymore. (insert Forrest Gump "and just like that" meme)

Regardless. My opinion on sufferer's a dysphoric's ability to arm themselves is still the same. It is a matter of self defense. Being mentally ill unfit doesn't (in all cases) mean one shan't protect himself xiself. It is where drawing that line makes sense that is a tricky issue.

or

Swims like a duck, walks like a duck, dives like a duck, quacks like a duck, but... nah.

Intense states of distress and unease increase the risk of suicide, as well as being unpleasant in themselves. Relieving dysphoria is therefore a priority of psychiatric treatment. One may treat underlying causes such as depression or bipolar disorder as well as the dysphoric symptoms themselves.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) categorizes specific dysphoria in the obsessive–compulsive spectrum.

Dissatisfaction with being able-bodied can be diagnosed as body integrity dysphoria in the ICD-11.[1]
Yup. And I agree. The question I have is how many other mental issues do these people have? And yes, it is a tricky issue.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Great article……..
Therefore What?
Per Ari Blaff, Terry Moran said the following on television yesterday:

ABC News anchor Terry Moran mischaracterized the legislation and implied it may have been related to the attack.

“The shooter identified herself as a transgender person. The state of Tennessee earlier this month passed and the governor signed a bill that banned transgender medical care for minors as well as a law that prohibited adult entertainment as well as male and female impersonators after a series of drag show controversies in that state.”

I would like to know what is supposed to come next in Moran’s sequence. The shooter was transgender; Tennessee had passed some laws she didn’t like; therefore . . .

Therefore what? Therefore what happened makes sense? Therefore she had no choice but to murder some nine-year-olds? Therefore the State of Tennessee is guilty in some sense? What?
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/therefore-what/

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:14 pm Great article……..
Therefore What?
Per Ari Blaff, Terry Moran said the following on television yesterday:

ABC News anchor Terry Moran mischaracterized the legislation and implied it may have been related to the attack.

“The shooter identified herself as a transgender person. The state of Tennessee earlier this month passed and the governor signed a bill that banned transgender medical care for minors as well as a law that prohibited adult entertainment as well as male and female impersonators after a series of drag show controversies in that state.”

I would like to know what is supposed to come next in Moran’s sequence. The shooter was transgender; Tennessee had passed some laws she didn’t like; therefore . . .

Therefore what? Therefore what happened makes sense? Therefore she had no choice but to murder some nine-year-olds? Therefore the State of Tennessee is guilty in some sense? What?
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/therefore-what/
Sometimes it seems to be that the entirety of the leftist agenda is characterized by stating a lie, and then expecting that lie to be adhered to.

This article lays out the trans thing pretty well. That last paragraph especially. But the rule seems to apply to everything: energy policy, foreign policy, spending, law making, etc. etc,
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

The left blames the right when a right winger commits acts of violence.

Apparently the left blames the right when a left winger commits same.

You people are insane. Recip’s hero.
Attachments
1D12B2EF-BB03-46B5-B9E4-5BFC59E7D909.jpeg
1D12B2EF-BB03-46B5-B9E4-5BFC59E7D909.jpeg (201.16 KiB) Viewed 290 times

HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

or

In other words, politicized bullsh!t.
"The WHO's removal of 'gender identity disorder' from its diagnostic manual will have a liberating effect on transgender people worldwide," Graeme Reid, LGBT rights director at Human Rights Watch, said in a statement Monday. "Governments should swiftly reform national medical systems and laws that require this now officially outdated diagnosis."
"It's far past time for governments like Japan, or the dozens in Europe that have similar laws, to change them," Knight said. "Trans people shouldn't be subjected to mandatory diagnoses or medical procedures just to get their basic rights."

Globally, both the ICD and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) are used to diagnose patients. The American Psychiatric Association last revised the DSM in 2012 to remove the term "gender identity disorder" from the manual and add the term "gender dysphoria." Now, the ICD is making a similar change.
"Reclassifying trans and gender diverse people in ICD-11 will make a big difference," Mauro Cabral Grinspan, activist and executive director of GATE, told CBS News Wednesday. "It basically means that trans and gender diverse people stop being considered mentally disordered just because of who we are — an assertion that was pRoVEn to be not only arbitrary and unfair, but also incompatible with WHO sCiEnTifiC standards."
Laughable, politicized, bullshit.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

The DOJ and WH spent two days condemning WhyPeepo for the contrived ADL day of hate. What have they said about this???
Attachments
C259D055-3509-4FC8-9AAC-B91BBB1370E6.jpeg
C259D055-3509-4FC8-9AAC-B91BBB1370E6.jpeg (282.35 KiB) Viewed 282 times

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

or

You're missing one major point. Gender dysphoria is still listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).
It didn't go away. What they tried to do is separate the physiological issues that cause to people to feel like their biological sex doesn't align with their internal feelings about their sex, from related bipolar, depression, psychotic, and substance abuse disorders. All those disorders are part of the concerns with gender dysphoria, but it doesn't automatically attach a mental illness to someone who has experienced gender dysphoria without those mental disorders.
Part of that is so that people who have gender dysphoria aren't automatically labeled mentally ill....which would then allow them to purchase a gun if they aren't experience those dangerous disorders.

Doesn't sound ridiculously crazy to me.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... on-twitter
BREAKING: Katie Hobbs’ press sec RESIGNS in disgrace after posting threat of violence against ‘transphobes’ on Twitter
Berry tweeted a photo of a woman pointing two guns with the caption "Us when we see transphobes."
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:21 pm

or

You're missing one major point. Gender dysphoria is still listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).
It didn't go away. What they tried to do is separate the physiological issues that cause to people to feel like their biological sex doesn't align with their internal feelings about their sex, from related bipolar, depression, psychotic, and substance abuse disorders. All those disorders are part of the concerns with gender dysphoria, but it doesn't automatically attach a mental illness to someone who has experienced gender dysphoria without those mental disorders.
Part of that is so that people who have gender dysphoria aren't automatically labeled mentally ill....which would then allow them to purchase a gun if they aren't experience those dangerous disorders.

If you suffer gender dysphoria, you have a mental disorder. Autism, BPD, UPD, schizophrenia are unique conditions. One person may suffer multiple unique mental affects, however, that doesn't mean gender confusion is not dysfunctional.

Suicide rates for that cohort (both pre and post transition) indicate the true level of dysfunction we're discussing.

Pretending otherwise is a recipe for trajedy.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:45 pm
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:21 pm

or

If you suffer gender dysphoria, you have a mental disorder. Autism, BPD, UPD, schizophrenia are unique conditions. One person may suffer multiple unique mental affects, however, that doesn't mean gender confusion is not dysfunctional.

Suicide rates for that cohort (both pre and post transition) indicate the true level of dysfunction we're discussing.

Pretending otherwise is a recipe for trajedy.
80% of gender dysphoria symptoms resolve themselves during puberty.
That's the reason it is so awful for parents, educators, doctors, to prescribe medicine, treatments, surgeries, until kids have matured.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... on-twitter
BREAKING: Katie Hobbs’ press sec RESIGNS in disgrace after posting threat of violence against ‘transphobes’ on Twitter
Berry tweeted a photo of a woman pointing two guns with the caption "Us when we see transphobes."
sToCHaStiC!