I have no wish to see his Busch...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: I have no wish to see his Busch...

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:14 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:03 pm Counting followers can be tricky; "follow" does not always equal "I agree w/ everything this dude says"
Do you slow down to look at a car accident? Many do.
I'm sure that is the reason that you tell yourself you follow them for, but... We all have our preferences, RG. Embrace yours.
:?:
I'm trying to make sense of your post.
Maybe I need a second cuppaJoe.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Uprising wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:11 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 pm
Uprising wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:07 am
HokieHam wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:00 am At least their precious ESG score went up!
It's at 65.52 now and is up 6% over the past month, so I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard just yet.
It popped back up on the 19th. Let's think hard here... what happened on the 19th?
They released a new ad.

Did this new ad feature a grifting douchebag pretending to be a woman?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:45 pm Image

Pudweiser never has been my beer, but that ad made me want to go buy some!
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Millennial bimbo's marketing boss placed on leave as well.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/anheuser-b ... n-a0ed8009
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Uprising wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:10 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:03 pm
HooFighter wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:57 pm Triggered by a beer advertisement.

To this guy's credit however, most Trumpers actually purchase the product before destroying it. Not this dude though, he's obviously a fiscal conservative who watches out for excessive spending.
The beer advertisement isn't the issue.
It's everything that led up to a beer company feeling the need to pander to a miniscule portion of the population.
What a ridiculous comment. Mulvaney has 11 million followers. That is why they sponsored the post.
It's ridiculously stupid marketing.
You market to your demographic. It's the top selling beer in the US. Because it has massive distribution and pervasive, but mostly bland, advertising. They don't need to reach 6M teenagers and Gen Zers (the number of followers prior to the Bud Light campaign.

The trans community is tiny and not Bud light drinkers. It was a stupid move, a marketing failre that anyone should have been able to predict.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:00 am At least their precious ESG score went up!
It's at 65.52 now and is up 6% over the past month, so I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard just yet.
Maybe one day you’ll realize what a dumbass move this was…….I doubt it.
Bud Light suffers ‘staggering’ 17% sales plunge amid Dylan Mulvaney controversy
The latest sales data from NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting shows that Bud Light sales fell 17% in dollars, while volume dropped a whopping 21% in the week ended April 15.

That’s sharply ahead of the 6% drop in sales dollars and 11% drop in volume that Bud Light had suffered during the week ended April 8 — the seven days that immediately followed the April 1 launch of the controversial Mulvaney campaign on social media.

“These numbers are staggering,” according to an April 23 report from Insights Express, a beer-focused newsletter. “Right now this is an extremely difficult scenario for Anheuser Busch, the Bud Light brand and for AB distributors.”
https://nypost.com/2023/04/24/bud-ligh ... ntroversy/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:06 pm
The latest sales data from NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting shows that Bud Light sales fell 17% in dollars, while volume dropped a whopping 21% in the week ended April 15.

That’s sharply ahead of the 6% drop in sales dollars and 11% drop in volume that Bud Light had suffered during the week ended April 8 — the seven days that immediately followed the April 1 launch of the controversial Mulvaney campaign on social media.

“These numbers are staggering,” according to an April 23 report from Insights Express, a beer-focused newsletter. “Right now this is an extremely difficult scenario for Anheuser Busch, the Bud Light brand and for AB distributors.”
Leftists don't do econ nor biz
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

17%. This is the result of failing your duties to share holders.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... bacle.html

Bud Light sales have fallen a 'staggering' 17% since Dylan Mulvaney debacle rocked nation's favorite beer

According to an industry research firm, volume also dropped a huge 21 percent in the week ended April 15.

The latest sales data from NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting shows a sharp fall from the week before, where sales plunged 6 percent, the New York Post reported.

It comes as another senior executive at Anheuser-Busch has been placed on leave in the wake of the anger over the controversial partnership.

Daniel Blake, who is the Anheuser-Busch vice president for mainstream brands, has stepped back from his job just days after Bud Light's VP of marketing Alissa Heinerscheid took a leave of absence.

The firm said both bosses 'decided' to temporarily step down, but their decisions were reportedly not voluntary.
More at the link...
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

More scalps?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/maybel ... y-boycott/

Maybelline faces boycott over partnership with Dylan Mulvaney
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

These people are really mentally sick. He needs to spend some time in an institution.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Bar That Booted Customers Who Complained About Bud Light Trans Controversy Begs To Get Customers Back
https://www.dailywire.com/news/bar-tha ... omers-back

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

HokieHam wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:32 pm

You guys are definitely pwning the LGBTQ community:
Molson Coors in 2021 celebrates the fifth year of our national Tap Into Change program, in which a portion of sales proceeds from Miller Lite, Coors Light and other Molson Coors brands in 10 cities are donated to the Equality Federation and local LGBTQ+ organizations. Annually, the summer program donates more than $100,000 to these organizations with a consistent growth in impact each year. The program, which first launched in Chicago 10 years ago, has now raised more than $600,000 for LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS nonprofits.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I was talking to the folks that bought our stores several years ago.

They told me A/B sales are less than ½ over the last several weeks. Budweiser delivery people are having to remove cases of products (not just Bud Light) that have not sold and expired.

Store owners aren't reordering A/B either.

They are turning to Coors (made from fresh Shenandoah River water) and the old stand by Old Milwaukee (I'd rather drink cat piss).

I'm still a drinkin' my Yuengling Black & Tan.😊
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Uprising wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:57 pm
HokieHam wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:32 pm

You guys are definitely pwning the LGBTQ community:
Molson Coors in 2021 celebrates the fifth year of our national Tap Into Change program, in which a portion of sales proceeds from Miller Lite, Coors Light and other Molson Coors brands in 10 cities are donated to the Equality Federation and local LGBTQ+ organizations. Annually, the summer program donates more than $100,000 to these organizations with a consistent growth in impact each year. The program, which first launched in Chicago 10 years ago, has now raised more than $600,000 for LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS nonprofits.
And? You’re the one saying not to pat myself on the back….seems like a 26% decrease is not good. Maybe A/B should make a real apology for using a man in woman face as a spokesman.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:08 pm I was talking to the folks that bought our stores several years ago.

They told me A/B sales are less than ½ over the last several weeks. Budweiser delivery people are having to remove cases of products (not just Bud Light) that have not sold and expired.

Store owners aren't reordering A/B either.

They are turning to Coors (made from fresh Shenandoah River water) and the old stand by Old Milwaukee (I'd rather drink cat piss).

I'm still a drinkin' my Yuengling Black & Tan.😊
Yuengling is a good beer. When I had Penn for part of my territory years ago we used to go to a bar right near the brewery. If I drink any light beer, which is rare, that’s what I ask for first.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL...

Can't win for losing. Now there'll be no Bud Light at Club 216, C'ville.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... f7ab&ei=36
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:23 pm LOL...

Can't win for losing. Now there'll be no Bud Light at Club 216, C'ville.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... f7ab&ei=36
I’m sure Uppy will bitch about the oUtRaGE from the alphabet community!……….oh,………wait.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

🤔🤔🤔🤔. He’s been eFfecTeD…..
Attachments
ED4041D5-1FD9-4E92-B70F-B295D0879BE9.jpeg
ED4041D5-1FD9-4E92-B70F-B295D0879BE9.jpeg (184.26 KiB) Viewed 4890 times

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Bud Light's hangover from hell: Sales figures for America's once-favorite beer reveal how EVERY region in U.S. has turned its back since the Dylan Mulvaney tie-up - as Anheuser-Busch stock is downgraded over 'crisis'
Sales in the Rocky Mountains have plummeted by 29 percent
The South Atlantic, West North Central and East South Central regions all fell 25 percent
Anheuser-Busch has had its stock downgraded by HSBC which says the brewing giant is in a 'crisis'
READ MORE: Bud Light contagion SPREADS to other Anheuser-Busch beers
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... lands.html

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Bleeding into other Annheiser brands now. You can get away with this when you market over priced CCP products to goofy youths who idolize NBA stars. OTOH, if Nike doesn't watch it, they're going to wreck all of that fake guurrrrrrllllll powah branding with this stupid trans sh!t.

Beer? That's another kettle of fish altogether. Idiot marketing execs who live in urban bubbles think the transitive rule of inclusion applies to everything. It doesn't. People just want to drink beer. STFU.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/anheuser- ... ht-crisis/
Anheuser-Busch stock downgraded by HSBC analysts over Bud Light ‘crisis’
By Ariel Zilber
May 10, 2023 11:46am Updated

The stock of Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch has been downgraded by analysts at HSBC who say the brand is in the midst of a “crisis” following the outcry over its ties to transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Carlos Laboy, a managing director at HSBC’s global beverage sector, downgraded the stock of Anheuser-Busch InBev to a hold status, meaning that investors should neither buy or sell shares of the company.

Laboy said that the backlash to the Mulvaney branding partnership is a sign that there are “deeper problems than ABI admits,” according to a note that was first reported by CNBC.

“Is ABI’s leadership getting the brand culture transformation right? It’s mixed,” Laboy wrote in a note that was published on Wednesday.

“At Ambev, we think the answer is ‘yes;’ in the US, we think it’s ‘no’,” Laboy wrote.

“The way this Bud Light crisis came about a month ago, management’s response to it and the loss of unprecedented volume and brand relevance raises many questions.”

“Why did its US leadership underestimate the risk of pushback given the recent experience of other firms?” Laboy wrote.

“Is A-B hiring the best people to grow the brands and gauge risk?”

“If Budweiser and Bud Light are iconic American ideas that have long brought consumers together, why did these marketers fail to invite new consumers without alienating the core base of the firm’s largest brand?” Laboy asked.

Ambev is the Brazilian beer brewer which is also owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.

InBev was an independent company that was created as a result of the 2004 merger between Brazil-based Ambev and Belgian firm Interbrew.

In 2008, InBev acquired Anheuser-Busch — whose brands include Bud Light, Budweiser, Michelob, Busch, Stella Artois, and Hoegaarden, among others — in a cash deal worth $52 billion.

Laboy’s note was written as market data shows that beer drinkers are shunning Bud Light in increasing numbers.

Nationwide retail sales of the brand were down 23.4% versus a year ago in the week of April 29 — worse than the 21.4% decline it suffered a week earlier, according to Bump Williams Consulting and NielsenIQ data.

The controversy appears to be taking its toll on other brands within the Anheuser-Busch umbrella.

The company’s flagship Budweiser brand took an 11.4% sales hit for the week ended April 29.

Sales of Bud’s Michelob Ultra brand — the third-biggest-selling in the US behind No. 1 Bud Light and No. 2 Modelo Especial — were down 4.4%, according to Bump Williams data.

“It’s not just a Bud Light issue,” said Bump Williams, chief executive of the consultancy.

“It’s an Anheuser-Busch portfolio problem now.”

Anheuser-Busch InBev shares were down by some 1.9% during Wednesday’s morning session on Wall Street.

Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO Michel Doukeris has downplayed the impact of the backlash, saying Bud Light’s US sales declines in the first three weeks of April represented only 1% of InBev’s global volumes.

On April 1, Mulvaney posted a video of herself cracking open a Bud Light on her Instagram page.

She showed off a can with her face on it that Bud Light sent her — one of many corporate freebies she gets and shares with her millions of followers.

Three days after Mulvaney’s post, Kid Rock posted a video of himself shooting cases of Bud Light.

Anheuser-Busch InBev shares temporarily plunged.

Within weeks, two marketing executives at the company took a leave of absence.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Interesting. The House oversight committee has subpoenaed ad industry associations, GARM and WFA. Members include: Adidas, Anheuser-Busch, BP, Goldman-Sachs, Unilever, Nike, Disney, etc. Antitrust violations?

https://judiciary.house.gov/media/press ... unications
May 5, 2023
Mr. Daniel C. Sale King & Spalding LLP 1700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20006

Re: World Federation of Advertisers

Dear Mr. Sale: The Committee on the Judiciary is conducting oversight of the adequacy and enforcement of U.S. antitrust laws. Pursuant to the Rules of the House of Representatives, the Committee has jurisdiction to conduct oversight of matters concerning the “[p]rotection of trade and commerce against unlawful restraints and monopolies” to inform potential legislative reforms, such as whether existing civil and criminal penalties are sufficient to deter anticompetitive collusion in the advertising industry.

The World Federation of Advertisers (WFA), an association for international marketers and national advertiser associations, founded the Global Alliance for Responsible Media (GARM) in 2019 to “unite marketers, media agencies, media platforms, industry associations, and advertising technology solutions providers” in order to “reduc[e] the availability and monetization of harmful content online.” According to publicly available information, GARM and the WFA appear to facilitate collusion among their members in a manner that may violate U.S. antitrust law.

To advance our oversight and inform potential legislation related to these collusive practices, the Committee must understand whether, how, and to what extent GARM and WFA facilitate collusion to prevent certain content from benefitting from advertising dollars and to reduce that content’s presence online. To this end, on March 22, 2023, the Committee requested that GARM and WFA produce documents and communications related to how GARM and WFA act to demonetize and eliminate disfavored content online, in addition to other information, by April 5, 2023.

Our letter also identified examples of documents created by GARM and WFA that are responsive to our requests. 5 On April 5, your clients informed the Committee that they would not be able to respond by this deadline, but that they anticipated being able to do so by April 7.
Good stuff. Now keep peeling this apple to it's rotten core. Public discovery opens the door to lawsuits. Lots of them.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

DEI……wait, aren’t the Orwellian types now trying to change DIE to some other acronym since this anti-HuWhite male racist BS started to be seen for what it is?……ah, yes…..Diversity, Inclusion and…….ready comrades!…….Belonging! :lol:

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:09 pm
Uprising wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:11 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 pm
It popped back up on the 19th. Let's think hard here... what happened on the 19th?
They released a new ad.

Did this new ad feature a grifting douchebag pretending to be a woman?
The add is working!!!!