Russia can’t even defend their borders at this point.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Russia can’t even defend their borders at this point.

Post by HokieJoe »

HvilleHokie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:28 pm
ieatbacon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:52 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:51 pm
ieatbacon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:09 pm
Did you think that was a real photo of DC?
Do you want to see some real ones, or is your position that cities didn’t burn in our recent summer of love?

Google is your friend
My position is that specific photo was obviously fake and if you had a good point, you should back it up with evidence from reputable sources, not a screenshot of a tv show.
Particularly when the issue at hand is "validity"

The rioting and fires happened. In DC. Context free keyboard warring must be liberating.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:17 pm
Do you want to see some real ones, or is your position that cities didn’t burn in our recent summer of love?

Google is your friend
My position is that specific photo was obviously fake and if you had a good point, you should back it up with evidence from reputable sources, not a screenshot of a tv show.

The rioting and fires happened. In DC. Context free keyboard warring must be liberating.
Threatening of the BOM while in office were made…..and yet some on here mocked him being taken to a more secure location……….
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Google is your friend

Says the guy talking about fires in dc in a thread about Ukraine borders.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:25 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:17 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:02 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:24 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:18 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:47 pm

Joe .. have you compared the number of American lives lost in Iraq compared to Ukraine. I have. Ukraine is way less. Like way way way less.

Which has nothing at all to do with what I said.
It very much does.

Nope. That's just your ideological cope.
For one thing, Iraq didn't have thousands (re-read and think about that... thousands) of nuclear warheads pointed at my house like Russia does.

Some people here have laughed off that very idea.
i continue to laugh at the idea that we should let putin run rampant because he has nuclear weapons.
That's quite a high stakes game to be playing when betting the poker chips of Biden's blackmails and kickbacks.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:24 pm Threatening of the BOM while in office were made…..and yet some on here mocked him being taken to a more secure location……….
Yes they did.

One could almost say there was a rEsUrrEcTioN afoot in DC summer of 2020.

Basically called the POTUS a pu$$y for not picking up Molotov cocktail zima bottles and throwing them back at the Dem supported mob rioter iNsUrReCtiOniStS, they did....
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:47 am Says the guy talking about fires in dc in a thread about Ukraine borders.
Which is more secure right now:

Ukraine borders, or
US borders?
Salute the Marines
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:57 am
HvilleHokie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:47 am Says the guy talking about fires in dc in a thread about Ukraine borders.

Ukraine borders, or
US borders?
The US military is the most powerful military in the history of the world. I can’t even recall the last time a hostile military tried to invade, I guess Pearl Harbor would be the closest example.

Russia has proven unable to stop the regular invasion from tanks and other military vehicles for months, they’ll be invaded by the feee Russia legion again today. Wagner drove tanks in from Ukraine, took over their military HQ building in rostov, shot down 8 aircraft, and marched unopposed to the outskirts of Moscow.

This isn’t an opinion, it is subjective fact that Russia’s military is incapable of defending their borders from assault by military forces. OTOH, the US outspends the next 10 countries combined on military and enjoys the most secure borders anywhere in the world.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:32 am

Ukraine borders, or
US borders?
The US military is the most powerful military in the history of the world. I can’t even recall the last time a hostile military tried to invade, I guess Pearl Harbor would be the closest example.

Russia has proven unable to stop the regular invasion from tanks and other military vehicles for months, they’ll be invaded by the feee Russia legion again today. Wagner drove tanks in from Ukraine, took over their military HQ building in rostov, shot down 8 aircraft, and marched unopposed to the outskirts of Moscow.

This isn’t an opinion, it is subjective fact that Russia’s military is incapable of defending their borders from assault by military forces. OTOH, the US outspends the next 10 countries combined on military and enjoys the most secure borders anywhere in the world.
Our southern border is not being defended. We are under invasion by non-citizens, illegally. And the people you vote for encourage it.

You're not worth discussing this with if you think "invasion" only means there are tanks at our border. Millions and millions of invaders. Russia doesn't have millions and millions of invaders. We do. Therefore, our border is LESS SECURE.

ROI. Lend/Lease. pUtiN LoVeR. yada yada.
SSDD
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HvilleHokie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:47 am

Google is your friend

Says the guy talking about fires in dc in a thread about Ukraine borders.

RG brought it up. Then ieatbacon decided to nitpick a Google search, and you thought it wise to join in the context free diversion. You chose, poorly.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:40 pm

Ukraine borders, or
US borders?

Our southern border is not being defended. We are under invasion by non-citizens, illegally. And the people you vote for encourage it.

You're not worth discussing this with if you think "invasion" only means there are tanks at our border. Millions and millions of invaders. Russia doesn't have millions and millions of invaders. We do. Therefore, our border is LESS SECURE.

SSDD
Our Secretary of State said it best a few weeks ago. 2 years ago many considered Russia the #2 army in the world, now we see they are the #2 army in Ukraine. The update is that Russia last weekend was the #2 army in Russia. They are currently arresting generals and probably about to go murder some many of the Wagner crew.

It isn’t worth discussing. You are conflating our immigration policy, with militarily securing a border.

If you want to drop the exaggerated language of certain media personalities and focus on immigration issues I think you and I would likely find a great deal of common ground. Trying to produce an unfavorable comparison of the security of our borders protected by our DOD to Russia leaves no common ground between us.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

fatman wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:09 pm

Ukraine borders, or
US borders?

SSDD
Our Secretary of State said it best a few weeks ago. 2 years ago many considered Russia the #2 army in the world, now we see they are the #2 army in Ukraine. The update is that Russia last weekend was the #2 army in Russia. They are currently arresting generals and probably about to go murder some many of the Wagner crew.

It isn’t worth discussing. You are conflating our immigration policy, with militarily securing a border.

If you want to drop the exaggerated language of certain media personalities and focus on immigration issues I think you and I would likely find a great deal of common ground. Trying to produce an unfavorable comparison of the security of our borders protected by our DOD to Russia leaves no common ground between us.

No, he's talking about national priorities. Your insipid talking points hold no water. Likely, a desperate attempt to justify your vote for that corrupt imbecile Biden.

Ukraine and Russia are Europe's problem. Which they helped create. We should fulfill our NATO obligations at bare minimum and no more. Using US tax dollars to bail out their stupid decisions (again) is not my responsibility. That should fall on the shoulders of EU tax payers.
fatman

Post by fatman »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:29 pm
fatman wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:09 pm

Ukraine borders, or
US borders?

SSDD

No, he's talking about national priorities. Your insipid talking points hold no water. Likely, a desperate attempt to justify your vote for that corrupt imbecile Biden.

Ukraine and Russia are Europe's problem. Which they helped create. We should fulfill our NATO obligations at bare minimum and no more. Using US tax dollars to bail out their stupid decisions (again) is not my responsibility. That should fall on the shoulders of EU tax payers.
I'm giving you facts jack, you guys are repeating Tucker's "our border is less secure that Russia's" nonsensical talking points.

Russia invaded Ukraine. They are committing genocide. That is not "Europe's problems" that has caused this, we did not create this. Spare us your "Blame America" BS. It is a genocidal, commie, dictator who has invaded despite our warnings in his strategy of rebuilding the Russian empire by force. We are providing weapons and intel via Lend/Lease to help brave democratic countries defend their innocent civilians from genocide. Very smart. Very high ROI.

The US has spent 1000X more in the middle east, how do you consider anything going on over there our problems? I'm cool with limiting support to Ukraine to be = investment in Middle East even though lend/lease to ukraine offers much better ROI.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Boy has this aged well…….
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function