Russia can’t even defend their borders at this point.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

Re: Russia can’t even defend their borders at this point.

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:26 pm
HooFighter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:48 pm Pretty ironic that Putin lied and said he was invading to take out make-believe Ukrainian terrorists and Nazis….

and then ends up getting attacked by actual Russian terrorists and Nazis.
^Thinks nazis in Ukraine are make believe?^
^^^is still foolish enough to believe tucker Carlson that Russia’s genocide has anything to do with denazification of a country where the Pres and VP are Jewish. EP told all of a Russia that this is a big lie…and Putin did nothing but back down.^^^^^
fatman

Post by fatman »

HokieJoe wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:29 pm
fatman wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:19 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:02 pm Pretty ironic that all of the loons that cried about Iraq/Afghanistan, are cheering on our involvement in Ukraine. Especially in light of the fact that the same sort of ideologues who drummed up those conflicts have sought to involve us more deeply in Ukraine. Typical leftist hypocrisy.

Ukraine has the right to defend itself, however they have no title over our wealth. This issue is a uniquely European problem. It was mostly created by idiot German/EU leaders who sought to further EU iNdePenDenCe by relying on Putin's oil and gas fields. They made their bed, they need to lie in it.

Here's a couple of the things for the clowns among us to ponder: What happens if Russia, a nuclear power, falls into utter disarray? What happens if Prigozhin (Wagner) or Kadyrov (Muslim/Chechen) gets ahold of nuclear launch codes? Does that make the world safer? Unless you can answer those questions, and I know you can't, then you should probably not speak. Russia, like Iraq and Afghanistan, will NEVER be a democracy. They will always be ruled by despots because they have been ruled by despots throughout their history.
You are wrong about just about everything.

I was against nation building in iraq. It was a multi-trillion dollar American war based on the fallacy that we could go inject democracy into a country that didn’t want it. Further, the idiotic architects of that whole deal were oil men who wanted to waste trillions of $$ and 1000s of American lives for a foolish war. The ROI for those actions was awful, it was overall negative as we damaged our moral authority.

I disagree with you about our NATO Allie’s being forced to deal with Russia alone, but you wrongly fair to apply this idea to the Middle East. The Middle East should be the Middle East’s problem. We should save the Trillions and bring our troops/bases home from the Middle East. They don’t want us there, unlike Europe they aren’t Allies. We don’t achieve great ROI by spending Trillions there.

Defending Ukraine is so smart because it is the opposite. We aren’t sending US troops to nation build. Ukraine is a democracy that needs our help to prevent. By providing weapons we help them defend Ukrainian citizens in Ukraine from genocide.

This weekend provided yet another lesson in Putin’s behavior. He is a classic bully. When people cower, he attacks. When you punch him in the mouth, he gives in. Putin has a direct threat calling out his/tucker carlsons lies about “denazification” and Putin didn’t fight back. He gave in, he dropped charges and gave the strong man what he wanted so he wouldn’t attack Moscow.

That’s the same thing that’s happening with Zelensky. He is fighting back with the support of lend/lease. Putin isn’t going to escalate in the face of strength, he will go back to Russia and go back to stealing $ from the russian people. We should 5X military support for Ukraine.
No, I'm just not a clueless moron. You cheer the same ideology that got us into Iraq. This is a European problem that they played a large part in creating.

Our problems lie with Communist China and the enemies within the United States who are pushing the ESG racket.

A successful coup in Russia would make the world a far more dangerous place.
I do not. I’ve been spot on with both Iraq(called it as a horrible idea from start to finish) and the defense of Ukraine via lend/lease. In your analogy Putin is like Bush assuming he’d be greater as a hero in 3 days as he conducts nation building to expand his empire. You are wrong on both counts.

When Putin starts seeing signs of a coup in the motherland, he will pull back his troops to end the genocide of Ukraine.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:24 pm
HooFighter wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:48 pm Pretty ironic that Putin lied and said he was invading to take out make-believe Ukrainian terrorists and Nazis….

and then ends up getting attacked by actual Russian terrorists and Nazis.
^^^is still foolish enough to believe tucker Carlson that Russia’s genocide has anything to do with denazification of a country where the Pres and VP are Jewish. EP told all of a Russia that this is a big lie…and Putin did nothing but back down.^^^^^
^DERP^

tUcKeR~!

RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:30 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:38 pm
HokieHam wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:32 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:28 pm
HokieHam wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:29 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:37 pm
The country with a Jewish president?
Are you denying the story you debated in the other thread about Western report….propagandists asking Ukrainian soldiers to remove Nazi insignia?
Are there nazis in Ukraine? Almost certainly. There are nazis in the us too. But existence of a small number of nazis within a country does not mean that country should be invaded and its people killed.

How do I know the Ukraine isn’t over run with nazis as Putin claims? Their president is a Jew who won over 70% of the vote.
Most people realize Putin didn’t invade Ukraine because of nazis
You and I do. Not so sure about riverguy.
Let's clear it up then.
Putin invaded Ukraine for a variety of reasons, none having to do with batting down the real non-imaginary nazi enclaves.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:30 am Either can we.

Giant "welcome" mat placed by leftists at our southern border.
We're being invaded by far many more people than at the Uke-Rus border. Way more.
So silly. So, so silly.

These guys have been driving tanks into Russia, blowing up border crossings and then driving around blowing up stuff with their tanks for 72 hours at a pop.

I know that your worldview is heavily influenced by the propaganda that tucker Carlson himself doesn’t believe. Let me assure you. If you and a couple dozen folks tried to drive a column of tanks over the Canadian border, or the better guarded Mexican border it wouldn’t end like this. 1)US surveillance would spot the tanks 50 miles out.
2)US DOD would chose from a list of ways to demolish your tanks. Maybe precision bombs, helicopters, etc.

I get it. You don’t care for US immigration policy. It’s certainly not perfect and you probably have some valid points to make. You should not confuse that for one millisecond with what’s happening in Russia. 0% chance that would happen on a US border regardless of the nonsense you get from tucker Carlson.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:42 pm
HokieHam wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:40 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:53 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:32 pm
Are you denying the story you debated in the other thread about Western report….propagandists asking Ukrainian soldiers to remove Nazi insignia?
Are there nazis in Ukraine? Almost certainly. There are nazis in the us too. But existence of a small number of nazis within a country does not mean that country should be invaded and its people killed.

How do I know the Ukraine isn’t over run with nazis as Putin claims? Their president is a Jew who won over 70% of the vote.
x-->0 on the # of US nazis. Not comparable to Ukraine.
Now. Illinois nazis may be a different matter. Man, I hate them.
Meanwhile in Georgia..

https://nypost.com/2023/06/25/neo-nazi- ... ogues/amp/
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you find that funny?
See Kong…………
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:13 am

We're being invaded by far many more people than at the Uke-Rus border. Way more.
So silly. So, so silly.

These guys have been driving tanks into Russia, blowing up border crossings and then driving around blowing up stuff with their tanks for 72 hours at a pop.

I know that your worldview is heavily influenced by the propaganda that tucker Carlson himself doesn’t believe. Let me assure you. If you and a couple dozen folks tried to drive a column of tanks over the Canadian border, or the better guarded Mexican border it wouldn’t end like this. 1)US surveillance would spot the tanks 50 miles out.
2)US DOD would chose from a list of ways to demolish your tanks. Maybe precision bombs, helicopters, etc.

I get it. You don’t care for US immigration policy. It’s certainly not perfect and you probably have some valid points to make. You should not confuse that for one millisecond with what’s happening in Russia. 0% chance that would happen on a US border regardless of the nonsense you get from tucker Carlson.
No, not so so so silly. It is silly for you to ignore it.

We are being invaded by millions. Constantly. Because of the politicians you support and vote for.
We're losing 100,000 to overdoses every year.

Drop your silly tUcKeR routine. Invoking Carlson is not an argument it is just a whine.
Attributing EVERYTHING I say in EVERY post to Carlson, and then moving along, is just lazy discussion.
As well as being wrong.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Meanwhile in Georgia..

Like I said.... x-->0

Big story for just 3 or 4 people holding flags outside a courtroom.
Difference is, the media will amplify nut jobs like those 3 or 4 in Cobb, and then stifle and bury coverage on thousands like those in cities all across the country.

Now do ANTIFA, actively and vigorously promoted and protected by people you likely voted for.
(or are you one of those "there's no such thing as ANTIFA" people?)

Salute the Marines
ieatbacon

Post by ieatbacon »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:27 pm

Meanwhile in Georgia..

Like I said.... x-->0

Difference is, the media will amplify nut jobs like those 3 or 4 in Cobb, and then stifle and bury coverage on thousands like those in cities all across the country.

Now do ANTIFA, actively and vigorously promoted and protected by people you likely voted for.

Did you think that was a real photo of DC?
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:19 pm
fatman wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:13 am

So silly. So, so silly.

No, not so so so silly. It is silly for you to ignore it.

We are being invaded by millions. Constantly. Because of the politicians you support and vote for.
We're losing 100,000 to overdoses every year.

Drop your silly tUcKeR routine. Invoking Carlson is not an argument it is just a whine.
Attributing EVERYTHING I say in EVERY post to Carlson, and then moving along, is just lazy discussion.
As well as being wrong.
You are either misinformed(I won’t say where you get your misinfo since it is such a sensitive topic for you) or out of your mind if you think people with groups of tanks could invade the US border for days at a time. In the real world, the US DOD would end a group of tanks and machine guns in record time. There is literally no borders on earth more robust in the face of military invasion than Americas.

Perhaps you should consider some different sources of info.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ieatbacon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:09 pm
RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:27 pm

Meanwhile in Georgia..

Like I said.... x-->0

Most likely he does.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by RiverguyVT on Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Do you want to see some real ones, or is your position that cities didn’t burn in our recent summer of love?

Google is your friend
Attachments
IMG_6425.jpeg
IMG_6425.jpeg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:01 pm

Most likely he does.
Reports of widespread BLM and ANTIFA riots and violence need mOrE vALiDiTy to be believed.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:41 pm

You are either misinformed(I won’t say where you get your misinfo since it is such a sensitive topic for you) or out of your mind if you think people with groups of tanks could invade the US border for days at a time. In the real world, the US DOD would end a group of tanks and machine guns in record time. There is literally no borders on earth more robust in the face of military invasion than Americas.

Perhaps you should consider some different sources of info.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Fatman
LOL

You are either misinformed or out of your mind if you think foreign invasions may only take place using tanks.
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HvilleHokie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:24 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:18 pm
HvilleHokie wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:47 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:02 pm Pretty ironic that all of the loons that cried about Iraq/Afghanistan, are cheering on our involvement in Ukraine. Especially in light of the fact that the same sort of ideologues who drummed up those conflicts have sought to involve us more deeply in Ukraine. Typical leftist hypocrisy.

Ukraine has the right to defend itself, however they have no title over our wealth. This issue is a uniquely European problem. It was mostly created by idiot German/EU leaders who sought to further EU iNdePenDenCe by relying on Putin's oil and gas fields. They made their bed, they need to lie in it.

Here's a couple of the things for the clowns among us to ponder: What happens if Russia, a nuclear power, falls into utter disarray? What happens if Prigozhin (Wagner) or Kadyrov (Muslim/Chechen) gets ahold of nuclear launch codes? Does that make the world safer? Unless you can answer those questions, and I know you can't, then you should probably not speak. Russia, like Iraq and Afghanistan, will NEVER be a democracy. They will always be ruled by despots because they have been ruled by despots throughout their history.
Joe .. have you compared the number of American lives lost in Iraq compared to Ukraine. I have. Ukraine is way less. Like way way way less.

Which has nothing at all to do with what I said.
It very much does.

Nope. That's just your ideological cope.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:40 pm

Meanwhile in Georgia..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean...
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:54 pm
HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:01 pm

Most likely he does.
Reports of widespread BLM and ANTIFA riots and violence need mOrE vALiDiTy to be believed.
No, they don't. There are plenty of actual photos and videos of widespread violence and riots.
Yet you post a pic, showing a huge fire covering several blocks, that has nothing at all to do with actual riots and violence, a fact that has been out there for years,
ieatbacon

Post by ieatbacon »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:51 pm
Do you want to see some real ones, or is your position that cities didn’t burn in our recent summer of love?

Google is your friend
My position is that specific photo was obviously fake and if you had a good point, you should back it up with evidence from reputable sources, not a screenshot of a tv show.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:02 pm

Joe .. have you compared the number of American lives lost in Iraq compared to Ukraine. I have. Ukraine is way less. Like way way way less.

It very much does.

For one thing, Iraq didn't have thousands (re-read and think about that... thousands) of nuclear warheads pointed at my house like Russia does.

Some people here have laughed off that very idea.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ieatbacon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:52 pm

Google is your friend
My position is that specific photo was obviously fake and if you had a good point, you should back it up with evidence from reputable sources, not a screenshot of a tv show.
Did cities burn in 2020?
Salute the Marines
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

It very much does.

you said:
pretty ironic that all of the loons that cried about Iraq/Afghanistan, are cheering on our involvement in Ukraine.
yeah.. i am a lot more likely to support a military effort that doesn't result in the loss of 1000s of american lives.

you made the comparison. it very much has to do with what you said.
Last edited by HvilleHokie on Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:17 pm

It very much does.

For one thing, Iraq didn't have thousands (re-read and think about that... thousands) of nuclear warheads pointed at my house like Russia does.

i continue to laugh at the idea that we should let putin run rampant because he has nuclear weapons.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

ieatbacon wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:52 pm

Google is your friend
Particularly when the issue at hand is "validity"
fatman

Post by fatman »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:17 pm

It very much does.

If you are saying the US shouldn’t invade Russia like bush shouldn’t have invaded Iraq or Putin should not have invaded Ukraine, you’d have a point.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HvilleHokie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:24 pm

It very much does.

you said:
pretty ironic that all of the loons that cried about Iraq/Afghanistan, are cheering on our involvement in Ukraine.
yeah.. i am a lot more likely to support a military effort that doesn't result in the loss of 1000s of american lives.

you made the comparison. it very much has to do with what you said.

You left out this part. Conveniently.