Stuff's getting real.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Mitt Romney

Re: Stuff's getting real.

Post by Mitt Romney »

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

1 ¶ For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have committed abominable fndeeds; There is no one who does good.
Attachments
IMG_3747.jpeg
IMG_3747.jpeg (31.65 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Last edited by HokieHam on Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

36 “But he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death.”
Attachments
IMG_3746.jpeg
IMG_3746.jpeg (36.06 KiB) Viewed 526 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Mitt Romney wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:35 pm Image

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

The pEaCemAKeRz:

It's okay by you though because they're your Bolshevik comrades.

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I'm trying to make sense of Mitt's angle here.

How is he thinking that combining J6 and Jesus makes any sense at all? And with random Bible passages, Gushee, to boot?

Does J6 have anything (*anything at all??) to do with the thread?

Just a strange angle his taking here.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:12 pm I'm trying to make sense of Mitt's angle here.

How is he thinking that combining J6 and Jesus makes any sense at all? And with random Bible passages, Gushee, to boot?

He’s silly.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:12 pm I'm trying to make sense of Mitt's angle here.

Mittens' angle seems to be that Christian's are hypocrites because, Tangerine HiTLer and J6. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Mitt Romney wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:45 pm Image

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

Attachments
IMG_3750.jpeg
IMG_3750.jpeg (34.38 KiB) Viewed 484 times

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

And?
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:03 pm

And?
He won’t expand on it……but he’s too ignorant to even see how the verse he posted has nothing to do with the pic….. :lol:

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:14 pm

And?
He won’t expand on it……but he’s too ignorant to even see how the verse he posted has nothing to do with the pic….. :lol:
Why do I find myself wondering if he's about to come at us w/ an Onan post?
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:58 pm
HokieHam wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:14 pm

And?
Why do I find myself wondering if he's about to come at us w/ an Onan post?

If Onan is CAF, then it's possible.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

1 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you.
2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.
3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days.
4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.
6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.
7 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.
8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
9 Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Mitt Romney wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:08 am Image

1 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you.
2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.
3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days.
4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.
6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.
7 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.
8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
9 Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
and?

is there any way you could find to tie this to the thread topic?

I can agree with the "judgement is near" theme, but wondered if you were capable.

Why does God permit evil and wrongdoing? Jeremiah (which I'd recommended) asks God about this in the 12th chapter -

12 Righteous art thou, O Lord, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

2 Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins.

3 But thou, O Lord, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.

My OP attempts to point to the parallels in Jeremiah and today.
Salute the Marines
Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

30 “A horrible and shocking thing

has happened in the land:

31 The prophets prophesy lies,

the priests rule by their own authority,

and my people love it this way.

But what will you do in the end?
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:30 pm Maybe I'm stating the obvious.

We've had this board since 9/11 (thereabouts). Chaotic times. The country "fundamentally changed" (airport security, etc). The chaotic times led to horrendous decisions -Patriot Act, Homeland Security that have done nothing to keep us safer but have made us less free.

Then came Obama (now we know he's at minimum bi, maybe even just gay...Mike uh, I mean Michelle always seems so angry and depressed in public these days...) whose idea of "fundamental change" was to turn the US in to a banana republic. His idea of "equity" was not to make the US stronger so to be more able to help the weak, but to tragically weaken the country so to give an illusion of being "more equal" with the likes of Haiti. Equity through kneecapping.

Then came dRuMpF~!. Wildly hated by the left, he was harangued like no other in history. No one's ever gone through what he has and still does. Is he a goofball? Absolutely. He was succeeding in turning around some of Obama's vandalism when COVID was unleashed upon us. Now, it looks a whole lot like Chinese germ warfare.

Now we have the bumbling idiot, who is being controlled by unaccountable actors. Communists. He has, through his actors, continued Obama's decimation and has us on the brink of WWIII. A nuclear one. His handlers are jailing and harassing "enemies" like something out of a dystopian novel. Chinese infiltration on many levels. Combine this with a media that refuses to dare mention what's really going on (Biden corruption, etc).

...The combination of unaccountable communists with a PR arm through MSM and entertainment, an absolutely failed education system (none of the "man on the street" interviews can seem to find a person who knows more about the VP than about Kim Kardashian), and we have a recipe for losing the country. If one wanted this country to collapse, and could do it, I don't think he'd change a thing.

Civilization is collapsing.

Drinking coffee this morning, day off and heading out of town to a wedding, I find myself thinking....

This is God's hands. Not mine. Not yours. His. I need to not stress. I may just indeed see balls of fire. I hope not. I hope to be gone before that. Still, this is a very good time to be Christian. Perhaps the best time ever in human history. Read Jeremiah, folks.

Shirt's gettin real.

Hey my friend! Just checking in. I read through this exchange. I've come to conclude something about all the people discussed in this thread:

Trump was ALMOST the perfect guy to fix a lot of things wrong in Washington.

All the rest - Bush, Obama, Clinton, Biden - they are all cut from the same cloth. Trump was a threat to all of them. He didn't need the unwieldy power of the White House to accomplish what he wanted personally. He was ALMOST perfect but, because he is like a lot of uber wealthy people, he's ultimately selfishly motivated. There's nothing wrong with that. I think we've all envisioned a selfless public servant as the POTUS. They don't exist.

If Trump wasn't so obsessed with personal vendettas I think he would have been great. But high achievers are normally narcissists. Look at Michael Jordan - he could not be a bigger asshole. But he felt it motivated him. Obama surely motivated Trump to aspire to the POTUS - and he made it happen. Impressive no matter who is keeping score.

We need an outsider. People want an outsider. Is there another Trump like outsider out there? DeSantis - almost.

I hope we find that person.

Trump's next round in the White House - and there is a great chance that will happen. Is going to be a total shitshow because he has a whole new list pf personal grudges.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Florida Hokie wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:33 pm

We've had this board since 9/11 (thereabouts). Chaotic times. The country "fundamentally changed" (airport security, etc). The chaotic times led to horrendous decisions -Patriot Act, Homeland Security that have done nothing to keep us safer but have made us less free.

Then came Obama (now we know he's at minimum bi, maybe even just gay...Mike uh, I mean Michelle always seems so angry and depressed in public these days...) whose idea of "fundamental change" was to turn the US in to a banana republic. His idea of "equity" was not to make the US stronger so to be more able to help the weak, but to tragically weaken the country so to give an illusion of being "more equal" with the likes of Haiti. Equity through kneecapping.

Then came dRuMpF~!. Wildly hated by the left, he was harangued like no other in history. No one's ever gone through what he has and still does. Is he a goofball? Absolutely. He was succeeding in turning around some of Obama's vandalism when COVID was unleashed upon us. Now, it looks a whole lot like Chinese germ warfare.

Now we have the bumbling idiot, who is being controlled by unaccountable actors. Communists. He has, through his actors, continued Obama's decimation and has us on the brink of WWIII. A nuclear one. His handlers are jailing and harassing "enemies" like something out of a dystopian novel. Chinese infiltration on many levels. Combine this with a media that refuses to dare mention what's really going on (Biden corruption, etc).

...The combination of unaccountable communists with a PR arm through MSM and entertainment, an absolutely failed education system (none of the "man on the street" interviews can seem to find a person who knows more about the VP than about Kim Kardashian), and we have a recipe for losing the country. If one wanted this country to collapse, and could do it, I don't think he'd change a thing.

Drinking coffee this morning, day off and heading out of town to a wedding, I find myself thinking....

This is God's hands. Not mine. Not yours. His. I need to not stress. I may just indeed see balls of fire. I hope not. I hope to be gone before that. Still, this is a very good time to be Christian. Perhaps the best time ever in human history. Read Jeremiah, folks.

Shirt's gettin real.

Hey my friend! Just checking in. I read through this exchange. I've come to conclude something about all the people discussed in this thread:

All the rest - Bush, Obama, Clinton, Biden - they are all cut from the same cloth. Trump was a threat to all of them. He didn't need the unwieldy power of the White House to accomplish what he wanted personally. He was ALMOST perfect but, because he is like a lot of uber wealthy people, he's ultimately selfishly motivated. There's nothing wrong with that. I think we've all envisioned a selfless public servant as the POTUS. They don't exist.

If Trump wasn't so obsessed with personal vendettas I think he would have been great. But high achievers are normally narcissists. Look at Michael Jordan - he could not be a bigger asshole. But he felt it motivated him. Obama surely motivated Trump to aspire to the POTUS - and he made it happen. Impressive no matter who is keeping score.

We need an outsider. People want an outsider. Is there another Trump like outsider out there? DeSantis - almost.

Trump's next round in the White House - and there is a great chance that will happen. Is going to be a total shitshow because he has a whole new list pf personal grudges.

It’s a pretty good take. If you think the left using government to punish foes is out of control…..just wait and see what happens if the Tangerine Tornado gets back to the WH……..IIWII

Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Mitt Romney wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:24 pm I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.

You have to follow the rules, Mittens. Come here legally or don't come at all.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:09 pm
Mitt Romney wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:24 pm I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.

You have to follow the rules, Mittens. Come here legally or don't come at all.
Correct.

Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

^LOL^
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Florida Hokie wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Shirt's gettin real.

My man!

Lovely to see you....
Salute the Marines