Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
WEHRedux
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Libertarian

When my company began rolling out CRT

Post by WEHRedux »

and DEI a couple of years ago, everything was totally voluntary.

Today I am sitting in a required meeting going over privilege, intersectionality, and other assorted garbage.

And the company is paying an outside company to do it, as well as having our own DEI staff.

But we can’t get raises.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: When my company began rolling out CRT

Post by HokieHam »

WEHRedux wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:48 pm and DEI a couple of years ago, everything was totally voluntary.

Today I am sitting in a required meeting going over privilege, intersectionality, and other assorted garbage.

And the company is paying an outside company to do it, as well as having our own DEI staff.

But we can’t get raises.
Trash. I’m glad I work for a relatively small company. Are they telling you that you have privilege because your HuWhite? These companies need to be sued.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Mitt Romney

Post by Mitt Romney »

The worst people where I work are those who complain about our employer but just stay there like helpless deadwood.

If you don't agree with your employer, find a different one.
WEHRedux
Party: Libertarian

Post by WEHRedux »

Mitt Romney wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:34 pm The worst people where I work are those who complain about our employer but just stay there like helpless deadwood.

Nope.

Nobody on my team cares about it. My team lead doesn’t. My manager doesn’t. We don’t care because we get our work done and support each other without thinking we have to walk on eggshells.

All different people of vastly different backgrounds who enjoy ourselves at work. We ignore it because it would be divisive to be that ridiculously sensitive. Basically, we act like adults who respect each other without putting each other into oppressor/oppressed boxes or worrying about privilege.

So we just play along.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Mitt Romney wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:34 pm The worst people where I work are those who complain about our employer but just stay there like helpless deadwood.

🤣😆
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:00 pm🤣😆
He's always good for a big laugh whether unintentional or not. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

WEHRedux wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:07 pm

Nope.

Nobody on my team cares about it. My team lead doesn’t. My manager doesn’t. We don’t care because we get our work done and support each other without thinking we have to walk on eggshells.

All different people of vastly different backgrounds who enjoy ourselves at work. We ignore it because it would be divisive to be that ridiculously sensitive. Basically, we act like adults who respect each other without putting each other into oppressor/oppressed boxes or worrying about privilege.

So we just play along.

I won't play along. I will sue pants if the opportunity presents with DEI/DIE reEduCaTiOn. And it won't just be my employer. It will be the individuals responsible for writing and executing the policies.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson