'Big Mike' will replace Joe Biden in August. Discuss

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: 'Big Mike' will replace Joe Biden in August. Discuss

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:40 pm Tulsi Gabbard would have my vote...seriously.
Tulsi-Gabbard-Bikini-Photos.jpg
She’s fit!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:40 pm Tulsi Gabbard would have my vote...seriously.

Thinking with your weiner I see!

;)
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:54 pm

;)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:44 am

;)

:lol:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:44 am

;)
💀
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:43 pm Shockwave- just look at the polling.

Trump as a lib (spending) - COVID was a game changer. And quite possibly a dem scheme. Bat soup my arse.

I don’t love dRuMpF. Pragmatically, however, he is best positioned right now to stem the tide of several things ruining the country. Arguing that he is no panacea isn’t an argument for triage that’s needed. No, of course he isn’t perfect; nor is he the picture of pure horror.

All politicians suck. Okay. I get that much.
OK, the polling took a hit, but that's now what anyone is referring to regarding a shockwave. Even in 2016, the polls were off by 1% when it came to predicting the votes for the candidates.
But as far as a shockwave politically, nope. Money flowed in and out of the GOP/Dem donors just like it has for decades. The same people had influence over policy and favoritism.

Spending? Are you nuts? COVID destroyed spending, but Trump was already ramping it up prior to that.
Obeezy spending went from $3.51T to $3.98T in 8 years. In Trump's 2 pre-COVID spending years, spending went from $3.98T to $4.45T. He did in 2 years, what Obeezy did over 8 years.

Stem the tide? Really? What successes are you basing that conclusion. He hasn't shown an ability to triage anything. Flimsy Exec orders that expire or are simply overturned, because they have no lasting power. You're right. He isn't perfect, he isn't horror. He's just someone occupying the seat.