Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Meanwhile in Marion, VA...

Post by Major Kong »

My addition to me arsenal...for no particular reason other than I wanted it.

In addition it was on sale at my local Rural King.

I got some rosewood grips for it...they should be here next week. I also got an original Super Wrangler 5½" black holster...I pick it up later today.

I loves the .22 WMR.
chambered.jpg
chambered.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 497 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Meanwhile in Marion, VA...

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:50 pm My addition to me arsenal...for no particular reason other than I wanted it.

I got some rosewood grips for it...they should be here next week. I also got an original Super Wrangler 5½" black holster...I pick it up later today.

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg
Man. That looks NOICE! I’m going to build an AR this year……so that’s about it for me. Picked up a Mossberg 590SPX a month ago. Love it.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:50 pm My addition to me arsenal...for no particular reason other than I wanted it.

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg

It should look nice with the rosewood grips MK!
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:30 pm

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg
Man. That looks NOICE! I’m going to build an AR this year……so that’s about it for me. Picked up a Mossberg 590SPX a month ago. Love it.
Have you seen the Del-ton 316L? A friend of mine just bought one for $553 last week. He's already got it.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... 316l-mlok/
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:41 pm

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg
Have you seen the Del-ton 316L? A friend of mine just bought one for $553 last week. He's already got it.

No. Man, that’s a good price too. There’s a local store that has all the parts to build a AR’s with a wide variety of options. I’ll have to ask if they have any Del-ton parts. I’m probably going to start picking up parts in another couple of months.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:44 pm

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg

No. Man, that’s a good price too. There’s a local store that has all the parts to build a AR’s with a wide variety of options. I’ll have to ask if they have any Del-ton parts. I’m probably going to start picking up parts in another couple of months.

Yeah, it's pretty nice for the price. I may pick one up myself.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Thanks guys. It was on sale at Rural King in Wytheville for $249 and I figured I deserved it...now I'm a lookin' for that damn cat!🐈

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:04 pm Thanks guys. It was on sale at Rural King in Wytheville for $249 and I figured I deserved it...now I'm a lookin' for that damn cat!🐈
Wow. That’s a great price. Yeah…….don't blame you :lol: How is the knee? Still on antibiotics?

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg

😎😎😎

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:06 pm
Major Kong wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:04 pm Thanks guys. It was on sale at Rural King in Wytheville for $249 and I figured I deserved it...now I'm a lookin' for that damn cat!🐈
Wow. That’s a great price. Yeah…….don't blame you :lol: How is the knee? Still on antibiotics?
I'm finished with the antibiotics but the infection did a whammy on my right knee even after almost 6 months of PT. Time heals all wounds I rekkin.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:11 pm
HokieHam wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:06 pm
I'm finished with the antibiotics but the infection did a whammy on my right knee even after almost 6 months of PT. Time heals all wounds I rekkin.
Hey Kong, this was an interesting interview on various treatments for orthopedic injuries, like knee's shoulder's, etc.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/30NOm1 ... c61774411
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought of you last week. A friend of mine was telling a story about his daughter's house cat putting him in the hospital for days and on morphine. LOL. "I've had two knees completely replaced and didn't need morphine!~".
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I've never heard of "Rural King". Googled it. Interesting.
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

:lol:

Pew! pew!
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:16 am

If you ever have the chance, you should visit one. I've never seen a store with so much Stihl merchandise!
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:44 pm

I loves the .22 WMR.

chambered.jpg

Let us know what you go with, btw.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:02 am

Thought of you last week. A friend of mine was telling a story about his daughter's house cat putting him in the hospital for days and on morphine. LOL. "I've had two knees completely replaced and didn't need morphine!~".
I didn't need morphine for either of my knee replacements but they shot me up pretty gooderly after the knee surgery in July...I was feeling pretty groooooooooooovy!

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:46 am

If you ever have the chance, you should visit one. I've never seen a store with so much Stihl merchandise!
Even my wife likes Rural King. Their Gun Barn is awesome...also free popcorn and coffee!

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 am

Even my wife likes Rural King. Their Gun Barn is awesome...also free popcorn and coffee!

Yeah, I bought a 145° hedger attachment for my Stihl Kombi when I was there last. They've a better selection than Lowe's or Home Depot for some items.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I am on rare occasions down that direction not too far from Kong, and may just pull over to see the one in Wytheville. We have "Tractor Supply" as a rural style outlet near RVA, but Rural King looks like a Tractor Supply on 'roids. :D
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:18 pm

I am on rare occasions down that direction not too far from Kong, and may just pull over to see the one in Wytheville. We have "Tractor Supply" as a rural style outlet near RVA, but Rural King looks like a Tractor Supply on 'roids. :D

Yep, it is Tractor Supply on roids.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm
💯 pure diversity hire.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm