Petersburg is such a mess

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Petersburg is such a mess

Post by RiverguyVT »

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Petersburg is such a mess

Post by Major Kong »

🤔...Isn't Petersburg, "Algonquian" for "Holy excrement what a Phuque Up"?
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:30 pm 🤔...Isn't Petersburg, "Algonquian" for "Holy excrement what a Phuque Up"?
For sure. Last time she submitted her resignation as a superintendent, she was moving from the Franklin County Superintendent to the Petersburg Superintendent. What's the next rung on the crappy school system ladder? City of Richmond Superintendent? Or is that a step down from Petersburg?
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:08 pm
Major Kong wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:30 pm 🤔...Isn't Petersburg, "Algonquian" for "Holy excrement what a Phuque Up"?
For sure. Last time she submitted her resignation as a superintendent, she was moving from the Franklin County Superintendent to the Petersburg Superintendent. What's the next rung on the crappy school system ladder? City of Richmond Superintendent? Or is that a step down from Petersburg?
Actually Franklin County has a fairly high rating, top ¼ in VA (Ferrum influence :P ).

That being written Petersburg is definitely at or near the bottom...Hopewell too. Richmond City Schools are better, not great but better.

The odd school system is Henrico County...Riverguy would know more. West end schools some of the best in VA. East end schools (including my school Varina) some of the lowest rated.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:57 pm
Actually Franklin County has a fairly high rating, top ¼ in VA (Ferrum influence :P ).

That being written Petersburg is definitely at or near the bottom...Hopewell too. Richmond City Schools are better, not great but better.

The odd school system is Henrico County...Riverguy would know more. West end schools some of the best in VA. East end schools (including my school Varina) some of the lowest rated.
Douglas Southall Freeman High School, home of the Rebels!!!! Oops...Rebels Mavericks. 🤬
Parents went to Highland Springs. They turned out OK! :) :)
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:32 am

Douglas Southall Freeman High School, home of the Rebels!!!! Oops...Rebels Mavericks. 🤬
Varina, Highland Springs and Henrico High School now rank among the lowest rated High Schools in Virginia. :cry:

I've been told the reason but I will not repeat what I've been told. :(

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:24 am

Varina, Highland Springs and Henrico High School now rank among the lowest rated High Schools in Virginia. :cry:

They'll always be The Rebels to me. (FWIW.. I've only just started the 4-volume DSF set on Lee). Just like Blacksburg High will always be The Indians to my wife (? Bruins ?)

Henrico High is northside, and whatever your friend told you, they're most likely right. Henrico County has gone to a model where the most distressed schools have been set up as "specialty centers"... meaning, kids today pick HSs the way you and I used to pick Spanish vs French. Highland Springs is the "engineering" school. Defacto segregation. They bring in west end kids who really understand their calculus at an earlier age, and who eventually go to places like VT, NCSt, etc. These kids do not blend w/ the locals.

My daughter picked Henrico High as they were the "Performing arts" specialty center (* pls allow an RG ADD aside moment... Me: Honey, what are you ever going to be able to do with that? Also Me: It is important to allow kids to chase a dream and passion as they age. (but being able to pay a mortgage some day would come in handy) )

I told her from the get-go. #1- always stand up for yourself, or you'll forever be a target. She did early on and never became a target, though tested by an almost-mugging and a bathroom fight that didn't happen b/c she stood up. #2- if you ever feel unsafe or want to leave, just call me. I've got your back. Trust your instincts.

So, year two in that school she had a history teacher (white) that put up a confederate battle flag on the screen. "Class, is this an image of heritage or hate?" Of course the 98% black class roared "Hate!~". My daughter raised her hand, "It depends. Surely some people use it for hate. But there are people who look at the heritage side, too".

Next up. The teacher puts up the Black Panthers logo. Same question. "Heritage~!" they all scream. My daughter" "Sure, but didn't they use violence? Didn't the founder kill a cop?" Eyes were now on her. Her time at that school was over.. She was marked and she knew it. She wasn't going to make it through the day.

I got a call within the hour at work to come pick her up. Guidance dept told me she wanted to switch back to her zoned school. She did. Her perf arts era was over.

That teacher is a dirtbag. Daughter's take was that being white, he was trying to score cheap ingratiation points.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:54 pm

They'll always be The Rebels to me. (FWIW.. I've only just started the 4-volume DSF set on Lee). Just like Blacksburg High will always be The Indians to my wife (? Bruins ?)

Henrico High is northside, and whatever your friend told you, they're most likely right. Henrico County has gone to a model where the most distressed schools have been set up as "specialty centers"... meaning, kids today pick HSs the way you and I used to pick Spanish vs French. Highland Springs is the "engineering" school. Defacto segregation. They bring in west end kids who really understand their calculus at an earlier age, and who eventually go to places like VT, NCSt, etc. These kids do not blend w/ the locals.

My daughter picked Henrico High as they were the "Performing arts" specialty center (* pls allow an RG ADD aside moment... Me: Honey, what are you ever going to be able to do with that? Also Me: It is important to allow kids to chase a dream and passion as they age. (but being able to pay a mortgage some day would come in handy) )

I told her from the get-go. #1- always stand up for yourself, or you'll forever be a target. She did early on and never became a target, though tested by an almost-mugging and a bathroom fight that didn't happen b/c she stood up. #2- if you ever feel unsafe or want to leave, just call me. I've got your back. Trust your instincts.

So, year two in that school she had a history teacher (white) that put up a confederate battle flag on the screen. "Class, is this an image of heritage or hate?" Of course the 98% black class roared "Hate!~". My daughter raised her hand, "It depends. Surely some people use it for hate. But there are people who look at the heritage side, too".

Next up. The teacher puts up the Black Panthers logo. Same question. "Heritage~!" they all scream. My daughter" "Sure, but didn't they use violence? Didn't the founder kill a cop?" Eyes were now on her. Her time at that school was over.. She was marked and she knew it. She wasn't going to make it through the day.

I got a call within the hour at work to come pick her up. Guidance dept told me she wanted to switch back to her zoned school. She did. Her perf arts era was over.

That teacher is a dirtbag. Daughter's take was that being white, he was trying to score cheap ingratiation points.
The teacher was Marxist. How long ago was this? I know the currents of anti-white hatred and self-loathing Maoist shiRts have been infiltrating the schools for some time……
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:19 pm

The teacher was Marxist. How long ago was this? I know the currents of anti-white hatred and self-loathing Maoist shiRts have been infiltrating the schools for some time……
2011-ish
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

What a horrible POS teacher.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

When I was at Varina, mid 70's, we were a Governor's School, and we had one of the best Communication's Departments in State (Vocational program). I was in the entire 4 year program.

Our Senior sponsor had moved to Marion, her husband had set up a Dentist Office in Marion.

This was in the mid 80's and she was teaching at Marion HS...even when we left Smyth County I still stayed in touch.

When we came back in '07 I had a conference out at Short Pump. I told her while there I was going to drop by the old stomping grounds and visit Varina HS. She told me to be prepared for a shock.

So I got up with some old friends at the Short Pump Town Square (?). I mentioned I was going to go over to VHS the next day. They suggested that I just skip it.

Being intrigued I went...Holy shirt what happened to the old 'hood. It was a damn slum.

The next day I asked my friends what happened? Degentrification happened. The whole east end of Richmond was improved by developers (Fulton Hill, Churchill, Fulton Bottom, Montross). The former denizens of the area were relocated to Eastern Henrico County (Varina and Fairfield Districts) into Government Housing in the mid 90's and the rest is history.

To a person all of my friends and their families had either moved to the West End, Hanover County or New Kent County.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:02 am When I was at Varina, mid 70's, we were a Governor's School, and we had one of the best Communication's Departments in State (Vocational program). I was in the entire 4 year program.

Our Senior sponsor had moved to Marion, her husband had set up a Dentist Office in Marion.

This was in the mid 80's and she was teaching at Marion HS...even when we left Smyth County I still stayed in touch.

When we came back in '07 I had a conference out at Short Pump. I told her while there I was going to drop by the old stomping grounds and visit Varina HS. She told me to be prepared for a shock.

So I got up with some old friends at the Short Pump Town Square (?). I mentioned I was going to go over to VHS the next day. They suggested that I just skip it.

Being intrigued I went...Holy shirt what happened to the old 'hood. It was a damn slum.

The next day I asked my friends what happened? Degentrification happened. The whole east end of Richmond was improved by developers (Fulton Hill, Churchill, Fulton Bottom, Montross). The former denizens of the area were relocated to Eastern Henrico County (Varina and Fairfield Districts) into Government Housing in the mid 90's and the rest is history.

To a person all of my friends and their families had either moved to the West End, Hanover County or New Kent County.
Attachments
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg (125.63 KiB) Viewed 145 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function