Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Bill Maher was embarrassing on Friday

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I like Bill when he doesn't show his unbelievable TDS.

The guy really can't stop talking about how great the economy is. I literally paid $5 for a can of soup at Safeway other day. Now image you make $18/hr. You're traded a hour of labor for a few cans of soup.

It is truly amazing what is going on right now. I guess when the guillotines roll it won't be hard to pick to put in them.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Bill Maher was embarrassing on Friday

Post by Major Kong »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:25 pm I like Bill when he doesn't show his unbelievable TDS.

The guy really can't stop talking about how great the economy is. I literally paid $5 for a can of soup at Safeway other day. Now image you make $18/hr. You're traded a hour of labor for a few cans of soup.

It is truly amazing what is going on right now. I guess when the guillotines roll it won't be hard to pick to put in them.
You've got Safeway's❓😲
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:39 pm
Bay_area_Hokie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:25 pm I like Bill when he doesn't show his unbelievable TDS.

You've got Safeway's❓😲
We have the in CO too.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Yeah. It truly is astounding how most of these people just don’t see it. Especially the elites.

I remember being mocked on here by a specific AWOL about the economy and he kept going on about how the BBB BS was so great……and I warned this would make inflation even worse. Again…l was mocked. MORONS.

I know a ton of people here in CO are pissed about property taxes going through the roof this year. It added another $200+ to our monthly mortgage payment. The Dems here just let the problem go and did nothing to fix it…..I mean, we’re fine, but I’m thinking there’s a ton of people who won’t be and add on top of that the fact that 2 bags of groceries is $50+ bucks.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:39 pm

You've got Safeway's❓😲
We have a Safeway 2 miles from my house. There's a Trader Joes and a Whole Foods more like 8 miles away. The wife normally goes to Safeway.

What's really interesting is how many people my wife sees at our Safeway who she knows from when we lived in Oakland. We moved from Oakland in 2012. She'll run into someone she knows and ask them why they are shopping in our town. They will say they don't feel safe in Oakland, don't like having their car broken into when they shop. Note, we're talking Montclair, which is a boojie Nor Cal neighborhood, that is technically in Oakland. We're not talking the hood. We're talking $1M+ houses on average. Mind blowing....but I saw this coming and that's why we moved.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

We haven't seen a Safeway since we left Alaska...they were called Carr's in AK. We had them in Tucson too.

Here in Marion we don't have a "National" Chain. We have Food City, Food Lion and Ingle's. Our Wal*Mart is an old one.

Abingdon has Super Walmart and Kroger. + all the regional stores.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Safeway sounds more like an industrial safety supplier than a grocery chain.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson